HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hagelin Out Alfie In Shanny Fail

Old
04-16-2012, 01:32 PM
truebluegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfstheman View Post
Well he can hit Karlsson all he wants while the play is going, if he can catch him

If not then you go after him after the whistle what team isnt going to want to send a message? We arent Vancouver who is just going to stand there while letting our star player get punched in the head.

Like it or not that is the justification for Carkners actions, even though he went somewhat overboard.
if he cant handle a scrum after the whistle he shouldnt be in the nhl. and if you want retaliation then do what neil did to boyle, i at least have respect for that.

whatever, i am done arguing with soft homer sens fans like you, especially on this board.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:34 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Tell me how many of you enjoyed when Boyle punched, or as you guys put it "nuggied' karlsson in Game 1? Just a face wash, no. Hammers? No, but he was punching him and he made a point to go right after arguably opur best player, our MVP. He was trying to send a message and it worked for Game 1. It backfired for Game 2.

Alfie is not playing. This is just posturing, keeping the coaches and players on their toes, classic gamesmanship. He has ben diagnosed with a concussion and if memory serves me you have to be out a minimum of 1 week regardless of passing your baseline test. I am not 100% but pretty sure.

I think it was a suspension, regardless of prior history. Take the jerseys out, make one black and one white and you watch the hit and make up your mind. If that was Michalek or Turris, soft players, and they got three games for the identical hit on Callahan, of course I would be pissed too.

Carkner got what he deserved and, ultimately 2 game suspension. Missed the whole game played 1 shift and tonight, which I don't think he was going to be in the lineup anyways. Shanny being a half goon in his day took it easy on Carks because Boyle wanted to draw the penalty and didn't act like a man. So, good for him, drew the penalty, he was unhurt except for his pride perhaps and the Rangers failed to capitalize. In the end he could have cemented this series for NYR but a terrible powerplay negated his beating.

Hoping for a good game tonight.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Trueblue30

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Tell me how many of you enjoyed when Boyle punched, or as you guys put it "nuggied' karlsson in Game 1? Just a face wash, no. Hammers? No, but he was punching him and he made a point to go right after arguably opur best player, our MVP. He was trying to send a message and it worked for Game 1. It backfired for Game 2.

Alfie is not playing. This is just posturing, keeping the coaches and players on their toes, classic gamesmanship. He has ben diagnosed with a concussion and if memory serves me you have to be out a minimum of 1 week regardless of passing your baseline test. I am not 100% but pretty sure.

I think it was a suspension, regardless of prior history. Take the jerseys out, make one black and one white and you watch the hit and make up your mind. If that was Michalek or Turris, soft players, and they got three games for the identical hit on Callahan, of course I would be pissed too.

Carkner got what he deserved and, ultimately 2 game suspension. Missed the whole game played 1 shift and tonight, which I don't think he was going to be in the lineup anyways. Shanny being a half goon in his day took it easy on Carks because Boyle wanted to draw the penalty and didn't act like a man. So, good for him, drew the penalty, he was unhurt except for his pride perhaps and the Rangers failed to capitalize. In the end he could have cemented this series for NYR but a terrible powerplay negated his beating.

The Karlsson incident was something I didnt even blink twice at, frankly I was stunned by sens fans reaction of something that happens at least every other game especially in the playoffs.

Trueblue30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Hagelin got a face wash from Rinaldo during a game this season. We didn't even care about it. Sens fans are ****ing rediculous if they think what Boyle did should have gotten him suckerpunched 5+ times.

Someone call the Waaaaambulance.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:42 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:

Most ranger fans here think that Hagelin's play deserved a suspension. But the problem is that a premeditated attack by Carkner got less games then what an accidental elbow got during a hockey play.

The fact that sens fans can't see that is mindbogling. You don't get revenge on a guy by sucker punching him, you square up with him like neil did, and even bertuzzi did to weber. You start attacking people and saying they deserved it because of an action in the previous game and you are getting into moore bertuzzi territory.
Carkner went after boyle, ranger fans say sucker punched him, sens fans say boyle turtled. Either way Carkner should have gotten more games, and it isn't 2 games, that is ********. It is 1 game from the league, getting tossed from the game you are in doesn't count as a suspension. that is a cop out.

If you can't understand why ranger fans are upset that a hockey play led to a larger suspension than a non-hockey premeditated attack for revenge then you need to gtfo of the rangers board.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:43 PM
coogz13

Send a message via AIM to coogz13
Quote:

The thing you're dead wrong about is that Boyle didn't "go after" Karlsson. Karlsson was the one who got in the way of Boyle (who was skating over to the aid of Prust). Boyle wasnt on that shift to 'send a message.' Was he opportunistic in how the events unfolded? Yes, clearly. Was he maliciously targeting Karlsson prior to the scrum? No.

The Sens got sensitive about it and were reactionary. That's why we laugh about it.

coogz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:45 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

Abraham Lincoln
I'll take that as a compliment.

Thank you!

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:47 PM
asphyXy

http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com

Check out this gem

asphyXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:48 PM
NCRanger

What Boyle "did" to Karlsson happens in no-check beer league playoff games.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:50 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogz13 View Post
The thing you're dead wrong about is that Boyle didn't "go after" Karlsson. Karlsson was the one who got in the way of Boyle (who was skating over to the aid of Prust). Boyle wasnt on that shift to 'send a message.' Was he opportunistic in how the events unfolded? Yes, clearly. Was he maliciously targeting Karlsson prior to the scrum? No.

The Sens got sensitive about it and were reactionary. That's why we laugh about it.
Yeah, it's amazing their reaction. Who would've even noticed this play?

schabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I would think the fact that the NHL would be willing to reconsider what might have been a rash assessment would suggest that it is less of a joke than more, but that's simply my reaction.
AFAIK unless I missed something, they didn't reconsider. Why? Well, it would undermine the integrity of the judicial system. (in their eyes at least)

04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphyXy View Post
This thing is so wrong.

I put Brandon Dubinsky concusses Sidney Crosby...
Being that it's a Ranger harming Crosby I expected something like lifetime ban. Instead I got no suspension.

that thing needs to have rules built in.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:53 PM
sexton11

Quote:

So is that why Shanny said this morning that he wouldnt have fought back either?

No one is denying that Hagelin should have gotten suspended, its just the completly inconsistant rulings made.
Yes, Hags elbowed Alfie in the head, yes suspension is warranted and recieved.
Phillips made principle contact with Callys head on a borderline charge, no injury so no suspension?
This is what bothers us, the inconsistancy. And Duby gets tossed for being the 3rd/4th/5th man in? There was an immediate dogpile and we lose a top 6/9 guy??
2 and a game?? WTF is that anyways??

Instead of getting rid of plays that can potentially ruin peoples careers, the NHL WAITS until it actually injures someone. Pretty much anything goes until you get hurt. Smash a dudes face into the glass, Cheap shot sucker punch a guy multiple times, whatever, just make sure the guy you do it to isnt made of glass and you'll be fine. Leave your feet and make principle contact to a guys head and if he doesnt hold his face and take a quick glance at the ref on the way down and you wont miss your next shift either.

A penatly should be a penalty regardless of outcome. This is why we get teams like Vancouver and Pitt flopping all over the place.

sexton11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:

Like I said earlier, I am fine with the 3 games for Hagelin if Weber got 3 games as well. Consistency is all I give a rats ass about. I wouldn't care if they suspended Hagelin for a season as long as every one else who committed the same action had the same reprimands. However that is not the case and that is where I have the biggest effing problem.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:57 PM
alfstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Hagelin got a face wash from Rinaldo during a game this season. We didn't even care about it. Sens fans are ****ing rediculous if they think what Boyle did should have gotten him suckerpunched 5+ times.

Someone call the Waaaaambulance.
Hmmm I only see I side doing the wahhing. Its called sending a message, (if Boyle had just agreed to fight then it would have been fine but he didnt and Carkner proceeded to go ape). No Boyle didnt hurt Karlsson with his rabbit punching twitchout but the message was so that it wont keep happening game after game. It sure seems like thats how Shanny saw it since 1 game for Carkner is very low for his actions. I and many other sens fans were expecting more games for Carks but seeing as how Boyle didnt want to fight when he should have is probably why Shannahan gave when he gave.

alfstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:57 PM
sexton11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
What Boyle "did" to Karlsson happens in no-check beer league playoff games.
Also regular season

sexton11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphyXy View Post
Sean Avery obsene gesture to Cindy warrants a three game suspension. Sounds about right.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Hmmm I only see I side doing the wahhing. Its called sending a message, (if Boyle had just agreed to fight then it would have been fine but he didnt and Carkner proceeded to go ape). No Boyle didnt hurt Karlsson with his rabbit punching twitchout but the message was so that it wont keep happening game after game. It sure seems like thats how Shanny saw it since 1 game for Carkner is very low for his actions. I and many other sens fans were expecting more games for Carks but seeing as how Boyle didnt want to fight when he should have is probably why Shannahan gave when he gave.
What? Are you insane? Agreed to fight? He didn't have a chance to agree or disagree to fight. He was attacked, period. If Carkner wanted to fight Boyle so bad why didn't he just square up and drop his gloves like Boyle & Neil did? Sens fans are delusional.

Ruotsalainen29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Is there a reason why all Sens fans don't know how to take off their homer glasses? Boyle refused to fight? He got jumped and cracked across the face. I didn't see Carkner asking Boyle to fight, I saw Carkner assault him. There was no where for Boyle to agree to fighting, he was toppled to the ice by Carkner.

Notice how Boyle and Neil actually squared up and had a real fight. Neil was classy about it. Carkner was a savage ape.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
So by your logic, if Scott dresses and challenges Phillips, but Phillips doesn't want to go, it's perfectly OK for Scott to sucker punch Phillips and pound on him while he's on the ground. Good to know.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

didn't they show callahan on the bench after the head shot with a cut on his chin? was that the same play?

legit question. can't remember

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:03 PM
SauceCheese91

Carkner is such a dirty *******, everytime I watch that reply it reminds me of someone getting assaulted at a bar or something. Its a ****ing joke that he only got one game, ******* player for a ******* organization.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I stopped reading after the bolded.

Carkner tracked down his number, went right to him, and started punching him. How the **** is Boyle supposed to agree to that? Are you really THAT blind? Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
didn't they show callahan on the bench after the head shot with a cut on his chin? was that the same play?

legit question. can't remember
Yes. But Callahan plays for an American team that is playing one of only 2 canadian teams in the playoffs. Since the other Canadian team is about to get swept, no suspension for Phillips.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

parodie!

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote