HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

U-18 WJC Day 5

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Ikonen tipped in Vainonen's shot.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
5-1 final score.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Tuomaz

vCash: 500
With normal ice time Teravainen would have destroyd Denmark. He did what he wanted how he wanted. I'm starting to believe the ones who said he will go top-10.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:59 PM
ChadS

The refs and the folks keeping statistics on the goals are really out of it. They missed the 2nd assist twice for Finland and in the Ikonen goal Barkov's pass was what created the whole goal but no assist for him.

Otherwise good game, I think Korpisalo is still the no.1 goalie for team Finland.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:47 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
I'm starting to believe the ones who said he will go top-10.
Minny at 7th, you heard it here first.

Wild first line in three years: Teräväinen - Koivu - Granlund

Old
04-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Zamuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Minny at 7th, you heard it here first.

Wild first line in three years: Teräväinen - Koivu - Granlund
I don't think so.. just looking at Minnys forward prospects: Coyle, Larsson, Granlund, Bulmer, Zucker, Haula. Almost everyone were key WJC players for their team.

Though if there is no real top defenseman to pick, they probably go for the best forward available.

Old
04-16-2012, 04:26 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
The refs and the folks keeping statistics on the goals are really out of it. They missed the 2nd assist twice for Finland and in the Ikonen goal Barkov's pass was what created the whole goal but no assist for him.

Otherwise good game, I think Korpisalo is still the no.1 goalie for team Finland.
Agree, there have been too many mistakes for the stats to be taken seriously. There has been at least one mistake in every Sweden game where the goal has been left without an assist or where the wrong guy was credited for it.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Latgale_fan

Latvians have done their best and now all what's left is to wait for hopefully successful outcome in the two last games of the group.

I somehow think Russia might be the stronger team in the group as yeah, they lost to Germans but it was probably due to lack of motivation or something as they easily cruised past Swiss and Latvia even despite both these teams were fully motivated to play vs Russia for victory. Yeah one might say Sweden also didn't have much problem with Germany or Swiss but our game agaisnt them 2 days ago proved that Sweden is probably not always as good as they think they are. Or maybe it was also lack of concentration on Swedes side.

Anyway I want to see what this bulky Russian team can do vs a strong opponent. The coach has tried to create some kind of mix of team Canada and Russia in one squad, tyhe physical strength and Soviet school skills... will be interesting to watch how they play tomorrow.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
Agree, there have been too many mistakes for the stats to be taken seriously. There has been at least one mistake in every Sweden game where the goal has been left without an assist or where the wrong guy was credited for it.
heh Bukarts from team Latvia got an assist on the second goal of team Latvia vs Switzerland. The funny fact is the goalscorer took the puck off the Swiss defensemen on heir blue line and went to meet the goalie 1 on 1 and scored... There should be no assists for that goal

Old
04-16-2012, 06:26 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
heh Bukarts from team Latvia got an assist on the second goal of team Latvia vs Switzerland. The funny fact is the goalscorer took the puck off the Swiss defensemen on heir blue line and went to meet the goalie 1 on 1 and scored... There should be no assists for that goal
Hopefully scouts take notice of him, they should like players that can make points out of nowhere.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:42 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
we'll see what Russia can do...Russia's biggest problem is poor coaching - all the u18s - rumyantsev, parfenov...NG

Old
04-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

I liked the fact that our main force woke up yesterday: Lipsbergs, Blugers. Golovkov, Kondrats continued to impress. Punnenovs is fine, but there was no need to change the goalie, I think.

OK, our next opponents [if Russia takes at least 1 point and/or Germans lose at least 1 point] may be Finland, Canada, USA. Welcome to the elite division.

Closed Thread