HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

ECQF | Game 2 | 7:30 PM | (6) New Jersey Devils vs. (3) Florida Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 12:53 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
Weird. Defensively, I thought the Panthers were doing a great job of disrupting Jersey's attempts to enter our zone. At least for the majority of game 2 and especially when we were on the PK.
but it goes both ways. Youre right game 2 was better defensively in the neutral zone but offensively still too many missed passes and bad entrance into devils zone time and time again.

Old
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
but it goes both ways. Youre right game 2 was better defensively in the neutral zone but offensively still too many missed passes and bad entrance into devils zone time and time again.
The devils entered our zone with 10x the ease that we did.

On the other hand once we gained the zone, our pointmen are 10 better than theres.

WoW is Sammy's value showing on the PP!!!

Old
04-16-2012, 01:47 PM
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

dat Weiss :-B

I'm still recovering from the game & celebration after (too much beer). I can imagine how the team is feeling.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
here is my issue with the panthers play in game 1 and the vast majority of game 2 last night. We are not playing good hockey in the neutral zone. too many failed passes allow us to get nothing going offensively especially 5 on 5. On the other end we need to have way more defensive bodies in the neutral zone and hitting devils players. Too many blue line to blue line tape to tape passes for the devils. Also i would like to see some physicality in the neutral zone-Dont allow the ****ing guy to walk into our zone uninterrupted-****ing annihilate him before he gets to our line.

The neutral zone is where this series will be won or lost and we have to do a better job at controlling it.
For the first two periods last night we owned the neutral zone. Our transition was awesome, we got the puck to the
Devils blueline with ease and they didn't have an answer for us. In the third, the devils took their work ethic to another level and then we struggled a bit in the neutral zone.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Also, for those saying Kulikov was horrible and campbell was awesome. It was campbell who turned the puck over to henrique on the 2nd goal. Kulikov had some bad pinches and turnovers, but he also made a lot of good defensive plays. Time and time again last night when ever somebody challenged him with the puck he eliminated his man and then quick upped the puck. He wasn't terrible.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:27 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
For the first two periods last night we owned the neutral zone. Our transition was awesome, we got the puck to the
Devils blueline with ease and they didn't have an answer for us. In the third, the devils took their work ethic to another level and then we struggled a bit in the neutral zone.
i didnt think it was very good the first 2 periods last night. i dont remember too many shifts 5 on 5 where we maintained solid pressure in the devils zone that generated quality scoring chances. The goc goal was the major one.

It just re-emphasizes how important our PP is for us to generate scoring.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Cosmonaut

Quote:
Also, for those saying Kulikov was horrible and campbell was awesome. It was campbell who turned the puck over to henrique on the 2nd goal. Kulikov had some bad pinches and turnovers, but he also made a lot of good defensive plays. Time and time again last night when ever somebody challenged him with the puck he eliminated his man and then quick upped the puck. He wasn't terrible.
I used to agree with you all the time. I still do, but I used to too. Kulikov wasn't terrible last night, and he made some great defensive plays.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
The devils entered our zone with 10x the ease that we did.

On the other hand once we gained the zone, our pointmen are 10 better than theres.

WoW is Sammy's value showing on the PP!!!
We need to resign him! There is no way Tallon will let him walk and with Vancouver likely being swept by Quick it was a great trade from him

Old
04-16-2012, 03:46 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Haven't seen it mentioned before, but Madden is still a true playoff warrior. Love that guy.

Great Tallon pickup.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
i didnt think it was very good the first 2 periods last night. i dont remember too many shifts 5 on 5 where we maintained solid pressure in the devils zone that generated quality scoring chances. The goc goal was the major one.

It just re-emphasizes how important our PP is for us to generate scoring.
Neutral zone play isn't synonymous with maintaining pressure in the offensive zone though. Our transition was as good as you could ask for. I agree that most of our chances were off the rush but we still killed a lot of time grinding it out down low in the Devils' zone.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:56 PM
KWGoon

Quote:
Neutral zone play isn't synonymous with maintaining pressure in the offensive zone though. Our transition was as good as you could ask for. I agree that most of our chances were off the rush but we still killed a lot of time grinding it out down low in the Devils' zone.
Also I really don't think our NZ game was that bad, even in the third. Both their goals came from us not taking care of or challenging the puck in our end. And if someone says, well poor NZ is what led them to get into our zone, you can't expect them never to get in.

I think we disrupted them as much as they disrupted us in the NZ. Special teams was the difference as was defensive focus.

Finally and most reassuringly, hits were just about even. I really liked to see that. If we play like we did, same attitude, we'll get one back in NJ.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
We need to resign him! There is no way Tallon will let him walk and with Vancouver likely being swept by Quick it was a great trade from him
I agree that we need to re-sign Sammy and let wolski go. Wolski is better in SO's but Sammy is so good on the PP, so smart. He's even getting a little physical now in the playoffs. We're not going to get a better winger than Sammy in free agency, and especially for the price. I think Sammy would re-sign for relatively cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Haven't seen it mentioned before, but Madden is still a true playoff warrior. Love that guy.

Great Tallon pickup.
He just turned it up another notch last couple weeks of the reg. season and then even another notch in the playoffs. I like him but I still don't want to see him back next season. I don't even know how it would be possible.

Old
04-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
Also I really don't think our NZ game was that bad, even in the third. Both their goals came from us not taking care of or challenging the puck in our end. And if someone says, well poor NZ is what led them to get into our zone, you can't expect them never to get in.

I think we disrupted them as much as they disrupted us in the NZ. Special teams was the difference as was defensive focus.

Finally and most reassuringly, hits were just about even. I really liked to see that. If we play like we did, same attitude, we'll get one back in NJ.
That's true. I think our transition game struggled a little more in the 3rd, but we didn't really give them much more in the neutral zone than we did the 1st two periods.

Old
04-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
I agree that we need to re-sign Sammy and let wolski go. Wolski is better in SO's but Sammy is so good on the PP, so smart. He's even getting a little physical now in the playoffs. We're not going to get a better winger than Sammy in free agency, and especially for the price. I think Sammy would re-sign for relatively cheap.

He just turned it up another notch last couple weeks of the reg. season and then even another notch in the playoffs. I like him but I still don't want to see him back next season. I don't even know how it would be possible.
We have to be clever. Wolski was useful because we suck at shootouts. But with the changes that are still coming who expects us to lose that many games in the SO again? I dont! And as we all know, Wolski disappears a time after he has been traded. I would prefer if Upshall gets more minutes! I really like his phyisical style of play and that is what we need in the playoffs

And Madden! Great pickup! He has gotten back into his groove! Valuable on the PK and he got us some secondary scoring. But I dont see him getting a spot next year. We have so many guys signed. Some of these will have to departure. I think we all agree that the whole scratch line will be gone, excluding Ellerby.
I still hope Jovo retires.

Old
04-16-2012, 04:55 PM
FinallyWeissIsGone
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to FinallyWeissIsGone
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Congrats on the win! Keep it goin'.
Love your avatar!

Old
04-16-2012, 05:32 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
Weird. Defensively, I thought the Panthers were doing a great job of disrupting Jersey's attempts to enter our zone. At least for the majority of game 2 and especially when we were on the PK.
We were awful in the 3rd. But periods 2 and 3 of game 1 and periods 1and 2 of game 2 were the best periods of hockey our team has played in 15 years without a doubt. Jersey couldn't handle us.

Closed Thread