HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

Foster Hewitt Divisional Quarterfinals: Montréal vs. West Island

Old
04-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Blake is definitely a guy who is due for a drop on our all-time lists. I've never really bought him as a top-100 player, but then again he was taken outside of the top-100 in this draft. Should Shanahan and/or Roy Conacher pass Blake? Nah...he's still a very good player.

Hextall is generally the last strong scoringline powerforward taken at right wing. After that you have the overrated MacDonald and...yeah, lots of talent left, but not the physical package. The new information that Hextall was also one of the best skaters of his generation adds to his value, I think. That being said, although Hextall is obviously better than Broadbent, I can't see him really rising all that much more, because he's definitely not going to pass Michel Goulet, and Syd Howe is arguable.

The upper crust of the scoringline left wings dries up at Leclair - Foyston territory around pick #200, I think. Down to that point, neither wing is really easier or harder to fill than the other, but after that point, scoring talent on the RW is in much greater supply. Ok, there are Kovalchuk, Martin and the underrated Heatley, but LW scoring talent does thin out fast outside of the top-200.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:59 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilmademe
Heh I wonder how much that 1 assist in game 82 increased Elias' value here. 10th in scoring is so much sexier than 11th
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord
lol... well said
How about that for sexyness:

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 04-11-2012 at 03:31 PM.
BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Blake is definitely a guy who is due for a drop on our all-time lists. I've never really bought him as a top-100 player, but then again he was taken outside of the top-100 in this draft. Should Shanahan and/or Roy Conacher pass Blake? Nah...he's still a very good player.

Hextall is generally the last strong scoringline powerforward taken at right wing. After that you have the overrated MacDonald and...yeah, lots of talent left, but not the physical package. The new information that Hextall was also one of the best skaters of his generation adds to his value, I think. That being said, although Hextall is obviously better than Broadbent, I can't see him really rising all that much more, because he's definitely not going to pass Michel Goulet, and Syd Howe is arguable.

The upper crust of the scoringline left wings dries up at Leclair - Foyston territory around pick #200, I think. Down to that point, neither wing is really easier or harder to fill than the other, but after that point, scoring talent on the RW is in much greater supply. Ok, there are Kovalchuk, Martin and the underrated Heatley, but LW scoring talent does thin out fast outside of the top-200.
I would also take Hextall over Neely for sure and possibly Bure depending on the what kind of team you are building.

Hawkey Town 18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:37 PM
seventieslord

Montreal wins in 5.

stars of the series:

Plante
Nighbor
Kelly
Oates
Denneny