HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - I don't know what to name this, so JERSEYS! Part four.

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 12:47 PM
philly08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
Post a pic. But my answer is yes. Just take it back to VSZ and tell them you aren't happy with the sleeve numbers being slanted and that you want it fixed. They'll send it back. My only concern would be how long it has been since you they did your jersey. If they won't do it, you can probably have someone knowledgable do it for you.
It's been about 3 months. I just haven't bothered to do anything about it but they're definately crooked. Here's a couple pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1349 (800x600).jpg‎ (305.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1352 (800x600).jpg‎ (327.4 KB, 12 views)

Old
04-16-2012, 04:29 PM
s3x

Honestly, it's really not that bad... at all. Looking at mine, one could make the argument that the sleeve numbers are crooked as well, but it's fine to me. But call up SZ and tell them your story and see what they say. If they decline, email me and I can help you get it fixed by someone else but it may cost you a few dollars.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:02 PM
philly08

Quote:
Honestly, it's really not that bad... at all. Looking at mine, one could make the argument that the sleeve numbers are crooked as well, but it's fine to me. But call up SZ and tell them your story and see what they say. If they decline, email me and I can help you get it fixed by someone else but it may cost you a few dollars.
Thanks s3x. I will let you know. As you can see in this picture, this sleeve is definately better. I think what they did is try to make it even with the stripes. But I think they should have made it even with the black part of the shoulder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1350 (800x600).jpg‎ (309.2 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by philly08: 04-16-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: clarification
Old
04-16-2012, 05:33 PM
s3x

I hear what you're saying, but I think you're getting caught up in what you think it should look like rather than what it actually looks like:

It should be aligned slightly off of the stripe, NOT the shoulder. That said, you may have a case that the first sleeve is slightly crooked, but I personally don't think it's worth the frustration. If you want to see it through, let me know if you need my help.

Last edited by s3x: 04-16-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old
04-16-2012, 06:05 PM
philly08

Quote:
I hear what you're saying, but I think you're getting caught up in what you think it should look like rather than what it actually looks like:

It should be aligned with the stripes, NOT the shoulder. That said, you may have a case that the first sleeve is slightly crooked, but I personally don't think it's worth the frustration. If you want to see it through, let me know if you need my help.
Thanks sx3. If it's supposed to be aligned with the stripes then it's only off by an 1/8 of an inch at the most. You're probably right. It's not worth the trouble. Is yours the same?

Old
04-16-2012, 06:06 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly08 View Post
Thanks sx3. If it's supposed to be aligned with the stripes then it's only off by an 1/8 of an inch at the most. You're probably right. It's not worth the trouble. Is yours the same?
Yes, mine is aligned with the stripe. Fortunately, mine is not as off as yours, but if it were, it wouldn't bother me enough to bother fixing it unless I could do it myself.

EDIT: Just some more pictures to illustrate my point, and mine is also slightly off:

Giroux at the Winter Classic (numbers are aligned slightly off of stripe):

Giroux WC game-worn jersey [numbers are aligned slightly off of stripe]:

Giroux Authentic done by PE [numbers are aligned slightly off of stripe]:

Last edited by s3x: 04-16-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old
04-16-2012, 06:15 PM
philly08

Quote:
Yes, mine is aligned with the stripe. Fortunately, mine is not slightly off like yours, but if it were, it wouldn't bother me enough to bother fixing it unless I could do it myself.
I hear you. I'll probably just let it go. Sometimes I can be pretty picky.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:32 PM
EvilAsh
Lockouts Rule!

I order a bunch of crappy asian knock offs but I just ordered a Premier Giroux Jersey from shop.nhl.com. Got it for $144 and that includes two day shipping. Having never ordered from there I've read that their jerseys can be pretty bad at times. Anybody have any input on if I wasted my money or not.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryEvilAsh View Post
I order a bunch of crappy asian knock offs but I just ordered a Premier Giroux Jersey from shop.nhl.com. Got it for $144 and that includes two day shipping. Having never ordered from there I've read that their jerseys can be pretty bad at times. Anybody have any input on if I wasted my money or not.
I hate NHL.com, if you want a decent looking replica, find one cheap and bring it to a Skate Zone to get done up authentically. Nhl.com butchers jerseys.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:51 PM
EvilAsh
Lockouts Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I hate NHL.com, if you want a decent looking replica, find one cheap and bring it to a Skate Zone to get done up authentically. Nhl.com butchers jerseys.
How much will that set me back?

Old
04-17-2012, 11:16 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryEvilAsh View Post
How much will that set me back?

Depends on how much you pay for the blank, but I doubt it would add up to much more than what you paid through NHL.com. If you bought the pre-customized version, you should be able to return it, if it isn't up to your standards.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Some of you may recall that I bought a Mesz Game Puck at the WFC and was told I had to call Meigray for a COA... I later learned, before called that I could go to a site especially set up for such Game Puck purchase LOA requesting... I did so by email on April 6 with the requested information supplied.

The result... at this point... Have not received document but have been placed on their email list that send out Meigray Sales information.

I suppose that means they received it... and it was a method for them to obtain email addresses and possible future auction bids/sales. LOL... Hope it also means LOA is in the mail or in the process.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Okay... had I just awaited today's mail I could have reported with the above that I received the Meigray COA (abbreviation their term on the document which differs from the LOA stated on the application site)... It arrived just 13 days after I emailed my request in a large padded manilla envelope and a nice official MeiGrayGroup folder much larger than the certificate... the USPS postage was $2.12 so the postage, envelope, folder and overhead handling was pretty substantial when you consider the $15.00 sale price of the puck -- which also came in a nice thick clear display box.

All and all I have to say that my first dealing with Meigray proved to me that they are a very professional operation... and that gives me, personally, the feeling of trust that they take time and care and effort in making sure what we buy is in fact what was claimed... and they are not a slipshod money making operation. They took as much care in my tiny expenditure purchase as they did in my son's much greater Game-Worn jersey ones, where he received official MeiGrayGroup storage boxes and COAs as well as tracking information on Game-Use.

I post this for anyone who has any concerns with purchasing Game-Used memorabilia.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:49 PM
boodangleroo28

I figured this was the best place for my post. I was wondering if anyone out there had an iPhone flyers case they would recommend, Ive seen the ones on googles shopping list but google doesnt have ***** on us when it comes to flyers knowledge.

Old
04-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

The Skate Zones will have the WC pattern Bauer sticks for sale. Should be available as soon as today.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
04-19-2012, 04:21 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
The Skate Zones will have the WC pattern Bauer sticks for sale. Should be available as soon as today.
I hate you. I wish I lived up there .

Old
04-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Mosetter27

At 240 they can keep it

Old
04-19-2012, 04:25 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Just a heads up, Pro League Authentics has an authentic #56 Giroux rookie done up, black, and it's absolutely perfect. I believe it's a 52 but not sure, and I think it's around $235, which is a great deal properly done up. Someone should snag it fast!

Old
04-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
At 240 they can keep it
They raised the price? Back in March they were supposed to be $210.

Old
04-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

Just going to go ahead and make a new thread since we're close to 1,000.

Continue Here

Closed Thread