HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 Wishlists Thread

Old
04-08-2012, 03:41 PM
WingsMike
Registered Man

vCash: 738
My biggest problem is that in Be a GM mode there is not option to make the season shorter. It's brutal to play out an entire 82 game season. Also, change the music to back how it used to be! I loved the style of the music from NHL 01-02. For some reason it made it feel more of a "hockey-style" environment.

WingsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:23 PM
CanuckHero

vCash: 500
For Be a GM:

Suspersions. They are the most talked about part of the game today and with the amount of game misconducts I get I deserve to get suspended. I could see this being glitchy and totally unconsistent though. Maybe, they could include a video of Shanahan discussing the suspension.

Pre-season. You should be able to use any players on your roster and then send players down on cut days. You should be able to sign players to tryouts too.

Goalie fatigue. There's no need for a backup goalie without this. I have never had a injured goalie.

Better Trading. In the first year of my dynasty I would get terrible offers for the Sedins and Kesler and when I declined my rating would go down between the other teams. From about December to the deadline I got no offers. Then, at the draft I was offered Lundqvist for Hodgson. I would like to see counter offers from the other team I'm trying to trade with. When I put someone on the trading block I should always get a few basic offers, but I don't.

Free Agency. Instead of saying my offer is laughable, I would like to hear what the player wants exactly because you can offer more than what it says they want and they decline.

For Gameplay:

Ways to Score. It's soooo easy to score with the 2 on 1 cross crease pass and by cutting from one corner to the far side and shooting it in. I like how it does differ from a sniper to an average shooter. I want to be able to shoot 5-hole and backhand.

Dekes. Please fix the jumping deke. It's fun to use due to the ways the puck bounces off the player hitting me and it will always end up with my player. I've also scored a couple goals this way

After the whistle. I'd like to hip-check after the play's dead just for fun. I'd also like to see line brawls.

CanuckHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Petes2424

I play mostly BeAGM and a couple of things I havent seen mentioned.

Im sick of spending half my time editing lines. There needs to be a standard set of lines where if a guy's not hurt anymore, he returns there. If you use the Asst Coach, he just screws everything up.

The injuries are just stupid sometimes. I've set them to no injuries and all I get is injuries. It's not realistic to have 7 players out for a month. And the best is when the message appears saying player A will miss so much time, you edit all the lines and then he's back for the next game.

Trading draft picks is always fun. You can have the first pick in the draft and ever try trading down to the 10th pick? You've now insulted the other team. Having your picks worth the equivalent of the computer would be nice.

I'd like to be able to rate the other teams General Manager on his ridiculous trades.

Why does it take 1 button to accept a trade but three separate moves on the controller to decline it. I've oops it a couple of times.

And really, why does your team always struggle in the first round of the playoffs?

And it's time to change the can of names. So there's the occasional funny Joe Stoner wearing number 42.

And after 2020, why are half of the Russians a bit more tan? Maybe there's a war in the future where Russia is taken over by a Caribbean nation.

Good thing you get fired for not getting 57 wins after winning a Stanley Cup twice in your second four year contract. Maybe it had something to do with all the young players who've scored a total of 12 goals in the NHL demanding $3 - $7 million per year.

Oh, and after you get fired and hire on with another team, it might help if they changed the AHL information in the corner of the screen. I no longer need to see who the leading scorers are for my old team with my new logo.

I think we all like the concepts behind the GM mode, it just needs to be refined thoroughly. I literally have 3 Goaltending prospects named Ullstrom right now. Has there ever even been a goaltender named Ullstrom?

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Thepainter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I play mostly BeAGM and a couple of things I havent seen mentioned.

Im sick of spending half my time editing lines. There needs to be a standard set of lines where if a guy's not hurt anymore, he returns there. If you use the Asst Coach, he just screws everything up.

The injuries are just stupid sometimes. I've set them to no injuries and all I get is injuries. It's not realistic to have 7 players out for a month. And the best is when the message appears saying player A will miss so much time, you edit all the lines and then he's back for the next game.

Trading draft picks is always fun. You can have the first pick in the draft and ever try trading down to the 10th pick? You've now insulted the other team. Having your picks worth the equivalent of the computer would be nice.

I'd like to be able to rate the other teams General Manager on his ridiculous trades.

Why does it take 1 button to accept a trade but three separate moves on the controller to decline it. I've oops it a couple of times.

And really, why does your team always struggle in the first round of the playoffs?

And it's time to change the can of names. So there's the occasional funny Joe Stoner wearing number 42.

And after 2020, why are half of the Russians a bit more tan? Maybe there's a war in the future where Russia is taken over by a Caribbean nation.

Good thing you get fired for not getting 57 wins after winning a Stanley Cup twice in your second four year contract. Maybe it had something to do with all the young players who've scored a total of 12 goals in the NHL demanding $3 - $7 million per year.

Oh, and after you get fired and hire on with another team, it might help if they changed the AHL information in the corner of the screen. I no longer need to see who the leading scorers are for my old team with my new logo.

I think we all like the concepts behind the GM mode, it just needs to be refined thoroughly. I literally have 3 Goaltending prospects named Ullstrom right now. Has there ever even been a goaltender named Ullstrom?
Holy crap you nailed it. Couldn't have said it better.

Be A GM is a half ass mode

Thepainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:58 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

In EASHL allow for open practices to be truly open with no clock and periods if you just want to work on your power play or penalty kill. Also allow for more than one puck on the ice at a time in open practice to have drills going at both ends of the ice.

GwtGlads2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:09 AM
CycloneLaunch

Skipped NHL 12, will probably skip this too unless they overhaul Dynasty mode. They should just rip off NBA 2k12s dynasty mode, best trade logic in any sports game.

Anyway i'm sure they'll just take a whole bunch of **** from NHL 06 and pretend they're adding new features so look out for...

Star player skill moves that score every time
REVAMPED FIGHTS (aka the old system)
and player suspensions in dynasty mode

CycloneLaunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Yeah, the name thing is ridiculous. Someone on the development team must have a fetish for the names Spike and Julian, there's probably 15 guys with those names in my Be A GM now. I have a defenseman named Don Whitaker that's 6'7. No big deal, except he's from North Korea. Even looking past the name, the idea of 6'7 hockey player born in the 90's in North Korea is absurd for a bunch of reasons.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

I remember drafting a guy in NHL 09 named Howard Howard from Denmark.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Rismus Rastulainen

I remember Gordon Baby from Serbia

Rismus Rastulainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:56 PM
starsfan24
#17 "Keep Rollin"

vCash: 995
- Better Presentation (NBC Sports, FSN, CSN, etc.)
- New Announcers. Please.
- Customizing your Be a Pro, I love the full visors, and I would totally rock one.
- More than 1 ref
- Let us choose the name of our created team.
- Customize your arena
- Add NCAA teams
- The CPU never takes penalties, seriously.
- Don't have 4 in 5 stick lifts be penalties. It's ridiculous.
- If you touch the goalie it's a penalty.
- Give the teams their right goal horns and songs.
- Update the arenas, See 2K
- All-Star Weekend (Skills Competition, Draft)

Last edited by starsfan24: 04-14-2012 at 07:03 PM.
starsfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:02 PM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
I remember drafting a guy in NHL 09 named Howard Howard from Denmark.
well that is a funny name

The Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:46 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

hopefully for be a pro you can start out in european leagues before being drafted rather than just the option of CHL

and more realistic jerseys for european teams

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:14 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Better player ratings. The Blues get screwed. Backes is an 85, yet Brown is an 87? Please...Lupul has ONE good year and now he's an 87.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

My Be-A-GM Wish List

Before I start my wish list I would like to start off by saying, once again I barley played the NHL game. Game has no kick to it.. Just the same thing over and over and over again, gets kind of boring if you ask me..

My favorite mode is Be-A-GM, I like to act and play a role as the General Manager of a NHL team. The thing is, you don't even get the chance to do half the stuff GM's do.. I will get to what should be added to the game. This mode is not fun at all what so ever, maybe the first few weeks the game came out.

I say this on every wish list, NBA 2k games are fun, I love playing the games, its just so entertaining to play, starting off hearing the commentary, and with interacting with the media in My Player mode. NHL 13 should look at some of the stuff NBA 2k has and start from there.

Be-A-Pro mode in NHL 12 has no meaning to it at all.. Yeah, you start off in the CHL as a 16 year old, but its boring as hell! You do the same thing over and over again. Sure it did improve with the simulation and starting in the CHL but I hate doing the same thing over and over again.

MY NHL13 WISH LIST
Be-A GM Mode:

Coaches are a big way how teams win and lose games, you need to have coaches to have different styles of teams, not the same type of play every single play. So having the option of Hiring and Firing coaches is important. Not just head coaches, but assistant coaches, scouts and General Managers This mode is called Be-A-GM for a reason, its not called Be-A-GM/Head Coach/Scout/etc..

General Managers have different styles of building their teams, some like to add star players (Burke), sign free agents (Sather), rebuild the entire team by trading their star players (Holmgren). So having different type of General Managers would make the game that much better.

Adding staff members in NHL is important, you need to have different styles of how your team plays. I don't want to see the same team and game-play do the same exact thing.

-----

NHL Network is something I would check to see transactions, media, highlights, rumors, etc.. Having a News Feed is pretty important and some times interesting to see what the media has to say. Just like in NBA 2k12 and MLB 12: The Show, has something after every game of how the team plays after the game and a quick little re-cap.

Having articles for example, teams that are hot, cold, rumors on trades or signings, superstar players, the draft, what ever the media talks about..

Before and After a game there is always media following you. Asking you what the game play is, talking about rumors, etc..

So after a game a question like "Are you worried about the Standings that xxxx (team) is right behind you", and responding "No, we have to worry about our self and win games....", "Yes, there hot, and we've been losing games, standings at this time of the year is important so winning right now is what we have to do, and if xxxx (team) is keep on winning we might be in some trouble..."

And after you say that, if your statement is important they will be in the news feed on the article about the game you played, as well as a re-cap of the game and upcoming games.

Questions you would normally hear in a press conference, so if your listening EA, go take a look at some questions they ask and start from there.

Answering the question the wrong way can hurt the way your own fans feel about you, so if you keep on saying the wrong thing they would boo you or chant "Trade him" something like that. And same goes for being away, if you say something against the team your against they will boo you every time you touch the puck.

Also answering the question the right way would make you a fan favorite.

This can work for Be-A-PRO and Be-A-GM.

------

Fans hate it when they trade their "Fan Favorite"player, but love it when they trade their "Hated" player. This going with the media, and how you play (blocking shots, hitting everything in site, fighting, scoring clutch goals and being a leader)

With this there will be a popularity rating, that you can check out (depending on if you want to trade some one or not)

Population/Fan Rating:
Beloved
Fan Favorite
Liked
Neutral
Disliked
Hated

This is can be a option to view when trading a player, if you trade a "Beloved" and "Fan Favorite" player, your GM reputation will go down, if you trade a "Hated" player your reputation will go up.

Or signing a "Beloved" or "Fan Favorite" to a long term contract and the fans will be happy.

-------

How the players feel is another is a big reason why some players take a pay cut or would sign long term on a contract.

-If you play the player for a reasonable time, he will be happy. If he doesn't get what he wants, he won't.

-If the players are "Fan Favorites" will be even more happier.

-Also depending on how the team is, if there good, okay, just bad or bad with a bright future.

The Good: So with playing good hockey, getting good minutes, loved by the fans, and making the playoffs and being successful winning a cup or coming close, will make the player stick with his team and want a longer contract with a pay cut.

When player gets a decent amount of minutes, play not up to expectations, and neutral, he might want to leave during free agency depending how much you would want to offer.

The Bad: A player is not getting the minutes or a decent amount, not playing good at all, and disliked the player will not return to the team come free agency.

If the player if getting great minutes, playing outstanding, and "Beloved" but the team has been playing horrible not making the playoffs at the end of his contract he will request a trade or leave the team.

So depending on how they feel will depend on if they would stick, take a pay check or leave your franchise.

Another thing is if your a stacked team and you have a first liner getting second or third line minutes he will not be happy and request a trade or leave during free agency.

Location is another big key, if you play in a city like NY, Philly, Detroit, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto and their happy there going to sign or resign. If your a free agent and you get a offer from Phoenix they will offer you big money to play with them.

--------

Trading a player is key for making the play offs or rebuilding. Scouting is a big help with trading.

If a player is "Beloved" or a "Fan Favorite" and a super star player or important they will be untradeable or slim to non a trade will go through.

If a team hasn't been doing good in a few years there going to trade their older players who are there top players for draft picks, prospects, young nhl or ahl players.

If a team wants to add and try to get a star player for the playoffs they might trade there best prospect or young players.

For example this year with the Jackets with the Nash situation with the GM wanting alot but Sather not wanting to do it, and with Jeff Carter going to the Kings.

Also a scouting report will tell you what a team wants or what you team needs and will recommend players to go after.

---------

(going to post more just dont have time to finish)

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:41 PM
velodim

What bugs me the most is that a free agent would rather spent half of his career as a free agent, rather than taking pay cut. In my dynasty goalie Fluery 96 overall is a free agent at age of 34 for 3 years now. Wants $12 millions. Actually there are couple dozens free agents 85 overall can't get a job because of team's cap issues

velodim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Pengo

Basically, I want NHL 2k13

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:47 AM
ArrogantOwl

Implement penalties like they are rules in the NHL. Sticks knocked out of hands is slashing. Boarding, checking from behind, charging. All of these except for the stick penalties were right in NHL10, but I wouldn't know what happened in 11 because I skipped it.

ArrogantOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
I have an addition to the name game.

Hu Li - American Goaltender
Had a similar name for a British winger also.

Although personally, I love how they have such hilarious names in this game. Gives me an extra reason to look forward to each draft, getting to laugh at all the names.

Diamondillium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Fenza
G-Rouxnit

He's no Howard Howard but I signed a 21 year old FA named Sven Svensson.

But seriously, why would they ever name a player Gene Nugent-Hopkins?

Fenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Salaries are a huge part that needs to get adjusted. Role players have such odd demands, there is no way in hell am I paying any fighter more than 1 million.

Why do I have to pay more if I add more years? Players take pay cuts for more years.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:59 AM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

One of my biggest wishes for online versus:

Continuous overtime.. how much more fun would it be to go into a double or triple overtime game with someone who is very close to you in skill.

The shootout always kills what would have been a great game. It's not like it takes a long time to play 2 more periods..

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:01 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsMike View Post
My biggest problem is that in Be a GM mode there is not option to make the season shorter. It's brutal to play out an entire 82 game season. Also, change the music to back how it used to be! I loved the style of the music from NHL 01-02. For some reason it made it feel more of a "hockey-style" environment.
I hear you calling... calling for me out in the night..

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:28 PM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsMike View Post
You do know that every NHL season is 82 games in real life so why would u change it in a game and the GM's don't decide how the long the season can be

The Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:48 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
You do know that every NHL season is 82 games in real life so why would u change it in a game and the GM's don't decide how the long the season can be
It's a video game.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Fenza
G-Rouxnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
I hear you calling... calling for me out in the night..
So much win. NHL 2002's soundtrack was the best.

Fenza is offline   Reply With Quote