HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room VI (all non-ATD topics here)

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Nalyd Psycho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
The problem with the Canucks isn't coaching (at least the biggest problem)

Their superstars , as great as they are for pts/salary , won't ever be players you can count on when it matters.

They look like they got finished by Kano.
Disagree. Things would look a lot different at this point if Daniel was healthy.

The problem is that whenever **** gets real, Ryan Kesler reverts to being a checking line centre. He's supposed to be the type of player who excels in the playoffs, but he's the exact opposite. Offensively he's consistently a terrible playoff player. He's great defensively, but it skews the whole line-up to have him check. (That's what Pahlsson, Malhotra and Lappierre are for.) And with Daniel out, this problem becomes a critical failure that can't be hidden.

That and our #1 defenceman has played like ****.

04-16-2012, 01:53 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
another canucks fan? how many of those can a 32 people community have?!

Old
04-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

Well there's me, Nalyd, VCL, Hedberg and monster_bertuzzi. I'm pretty sure they're all from British Columbia, but I was born and raised in the maritimes.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:06 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

hungryhungryhippy (who isn't around much this draft) is a canucks fan too, and so was God Bless Canada

Old
04-16-2012, 03:19 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

Isn't VI one too? That'd count for about a dozen extra Nucks fans.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
Isn't VI one too? That'd count for about a dozen extra Nucks fans.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:58 PM
seventieslord

...zing

Old
04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Old
04-16-2012, 06:28 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
Has ''not being old enough'' ever stopped anyone?

and btw , Bertuzzi was awesome , what happened was badluck.
Well it's tough to get into bars haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Disagree. Things would look a lot different at this point if Daniel was healthy.

The problem is that whenever **** gets real, Ryan Kesler reverts to being a checking line centre. He's supposed to be the type of player who excels in the playoffs, but he's the exact opposite. Offensively he's consistently a terrible playoff player. He's great defensively, but it skews the whole line-up to have him check. (That's what Pahlsson, Malhotra and Lappierre are for.) And with Daniel out, this problem becomes a critical failure that can't be hidden.

That and our #1 defenceman has played like ****.
Thank you. Kesler had exactly one good series where he ****kicked Nashville, and he's been brutal otherwise. Hilariously enough, Henrik doesn't get nearly as much credit for his 12 points in 5 games vs. a much better team in San Jose and still has a choker label. He was the only player yesterday who looked like he gave a ****.

Don't worry guys, the Canucks discussion around these parts will be over after the next game, so just bear with us for the next couple days.

m_b, you want AV gone? Who exactly is available that he would be replaced by with that's a better coach? Maybe Bylsma, but apparently the glamor around him following 24/7 is gone.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Hilariously enough, Henrik doesn't get nearly as much credit for his 12 points in 5 games vs. a much better team in San Jose and still has a choker label. He was the only player yesterday who looked like he gave a ****.
Yeah, the Sedin's eviscerated San Jose, probably would have done the same to Tampa if the gods smiled on us. And I firmly believe Vancouver wins games 1 and 3 this year with Daniel.

I'm now left hoping for Schneider and Kesler being packaged together for a real scoring line centre.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:37 PM
vecens24

Yeah, Henrik looked AWESOME on Sunday. That 2min+ shift was seriously classic Henrik in the second period. I think I counted four or five just absurd passes that about five people in the world could make, of course him being one of them. Then he was an animal that last shift too where they were trying to make things happen. I was watching the game with my roommate and it got to the point where whenever Henrik got the puck behind the net I told him the puck was going to end up in the back of the net by the end of that shift, and it almost happened if not for Quick being a monster against the post of the net.

Henrik deserved better last night.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:39 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
Yeah, the Sedin's eviscerated San Jose, probably would have done the same to Tampa if the gods smiled on us. And I firmly believe Vancouver wins games 1 and 3 this year with Daniel.

I'm now left hoping for Schneider and Kesler being packaged together for a real scoring line centre.
Yeah, I was trying to argue last night that losing Daniel isn't the reason the team looks so lost, but it probably is the reason that the powerplay has been abysmal. And seeing as how special teams is the difference in the series, you might be right.

One of my friends suggested Briere + Bryzgalov for Luongo + Kesler after the Philly game yesterdat. It'll never happen, but I'd like Mr. 101 playoff points in 99 games on our team. I have a feeling monster_bertuzzi would too. Kesler would sub in for M. Richards, Luongo would make them a dynasty, and we'd get some scoring, and Bryz could split 50/50 with Schneider. I can hope right?

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24
Yeah, Henrik looked AWESOME on Sunday. That 2min+ shift was seriously classic Henrik in the second period. I think I counted four or five just absurd passes that about five people in the world could make, of course him being one of them. Then he was an animal that last shift too where they were trying to make things happen. I was watching the game with my roommate and it got to the point where whenever Henrik got the puck behind the net I told him the puck was going to end up in the back of the net by the end of that shift, and it almost happened if not for Quick being a monster against the post of the net.

Henrik deserved better last night.
It's funny, but people assume he's a player whose play can be determined by looking at score sheets because he doesn't do much if he's not scoring. And while it may be true that he doesn't have too many hits to show for his effort, he was all over the ice, but people don't watch him play so they label him a choker in the playoffs based off the stats. Henrik was the only Canuck (along with possibly Hamhuis and of course Schneider) who actually stepped up last night. Too bad Booth/Raymond/whoever else don't have the hockey sense to effectively play next to him.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:42 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
One of my friends suggested Briere + Bryzgalov for Luongo + Kesler after the Philly game yesterdat. It'll never happen, but I'd like Mr. 101 playoff points in 99 games on our team. I have a feeling monster_bertuzzi would too. Kesler would sub in for M. Richards, Luongo would make them a dynasty, and we'd get some scoring, and Bryz could split 50/50 with Schneider.
That would be terrible, considering the ages of Briere and Kesler. Nevermind Bryz's contract.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:
Yeah, I was trying to argue last night that losing Daniel isn't the reason the team looks so lost, but it probably is the reason that the powerplay has been abysmal. And seeing as how special teams is the difference in the series, you might be right.

One of my friends suggested Briere + Bryzgalov for Luongo + Kesler after the Philly game yesterdat. It'll never happen, but I'd like Mr. 101 playoff points in 99 games on our team. I have a feeling monster_bertuzzi would too. Kesler would sub in for M. Richards, Luongo would make them a dynasty, and we'd get some scoring, and Bryz could split 50/50 with Schneider.
There are other reasons. As I stated before, Edler playing some of the worst hockey of his career is really hurting our ability to get any flow to our game. But Daniel's absence is likely why we are so snakebitten. Put him in the line up and we actually convert on Henrik's passes. This is also where the Hodgson trade hurts. We may have great depth up front, but so many player seem prone to reverting to being a grinder. We need more players that will be skill first.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:46 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
That would be terrible, considering the ages of Briere and Kesler. Nevermind Bryz's contract.
Briere is 34!? Jesus, I thought he was 30. He looks 16 still...

Haha, yeah Bryz's contract is so much worse than Luongo, but I bet at this point there are a lot of Canucks fans that think the opposite. I think there was a pick involved in that suggested proposal too, but this isn't teh trade board so that's a moot point. Briere would be nice to have as a second line center though.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:49 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
There are other reasons. As I stated before, Edler playing some of the worst hockey of his career is really hurting our ability to get any flow to our game. But Daniel's absence is likely why we are so snakebitten. Put him in the line up and we actually convert on Henrik's passes. This is also where the Hodgson trade hurts. We may have great depth up front, but so many player seem prone to reverting to being a grinder. We need more players that will be skill first.
The Canucks don't have good scoring depth at forward after the Hodgson trade. One damn injury to a top 3 forward and they are screwed, as we can see.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:54 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
The sad thing is that we traded away skill to get players that are by nature grinders because we apparently lost the finals due to a lack of toughness. Hodgson definitely played soft minutes, but he was able to score in those minutes, which is better than many on the team now could say. I'd rather have had Samuelsson last game than Booth, especially considering how awesome Sammy was against LA two years ago.

The issue with the the team seems to be that the finesse skill players go invisible, and the tough skilled players become grinders. In order to win, you need grinders to become powerforwards and invisible perimeter players to become snipers. If Jannik Hansen could capitalize on every chance he's had or if Ryan Kesler could somehow have the same effort level as the regular season edition of Chris Higgins, the Canucks would be up 3-0.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Hawkman

Canucks, Capitals, Penguins, Red Wings, Sharks. It's nice seeing the teams that are either old or soft losing. Bring on the new blood. Good luck, BC.

Old
04-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Shaw gets 3 games and Weber got none...How can you possibly justify that?

Old
04-17-2012, 02:28 PM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Shaw gets 3 games and Weber got none...How can you possibly justify that?
Supposedly they were going to suspend Weber and once they found out that Zetterberg wasn't hurt they turned it into that joke fine.

I don't understand that at all.

If the guy did something that warrants a suspension, he should still get suspended.

This is why discipline in the NHL is a complete joke.

They have basically created a system where you'd be stupid not to go around gooning the other teams star players.

Oh, you obviously elbow Sedin and he's gone for a while? Well, serve your 5 games and then enjoy the playoffs while he sits!

Oh you obviously elbow Sedin and he's not gone for a while? Well, no worries then pay us some pocket change and get back out there!

It is no lose for the offenders and their teams.

Old
04-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Hawkey Town 18

In the explanation of Shaw's suspension Shanahan specifically says they took into consideration that Smith suffered no apparent injury, which makes even less sense...the inconsistency from one incident to another is just awful

Old
04-17-2012, 02:52 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
They have basically created a system where you'd be stupid not to go around gooning the other teams star players.
this is absolutely right.

Old
04-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Hope we use the suspension as a rallying point. I almost decided not to go to this game...now I'm extra glad I'll be there...the atmosphere and fans should be very intense

Old
04-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post

Oh, you obviously elbow Sedin and he's gone for a while? Well, serve your 5 games and then enjoy the playoffs while he sits!

As a Hawks fan, I couldn't have been happier with how that one went for us. Take out a star player on a rival team and our #1 Dman, who had played too many minutes this season, gets some much needed rest right before the playoffs. It didn't feel like punishment at all...

Old
04-17-2012, 02:57 PM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
As a Hawks fan, I couldn't have been happier with how that one went for us. Take out a star player on a rival team and our #1 Dman, who had played too many minutes, gets some much needed rest right before the playoffs. It didn't feel like punishment at all...
Exactly my point!

Closed Thread