HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Game 3 12:00pm EST - Just win

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Let's go back 2 seasons. SK came to Nashville labelled as "locker room cancer" and undisciplined kid from Montreal. At least Habs fans claimed he was. If I remember correct he went thru some dog-house treatment with Trotz too. So if today he is treated not equally and he is one of coach's "favorite sons" it is only to his credit. He has converted from what I said above to what he is now. Am I pleased with his game #3? No. But I don't really think it is an easy task to play against Datsyuk's line. I think Pavel is the most completed player in NHL. SK scored a goal and that's it. People who say "Because of 1 little play he will get more undeserved ice time", please listen to what you're saying. This little play happened to be GWG in game 3 and gets Nashville home ice advantage once again. A little plays like that win series and cups.
I'm actually more shocked with his bro's performance so far. Another guy coming from Montreal and labeled "lazy-ass" leading the team in TA with zero GA, goal, assist 7 hits and +2. Do Habs even know how to use their players?
Oh, and btw. Only win tomorrow
That comment probably went a little too far on my part, but this goes way beyond game 3. We're talking last month or two, plus some. Game 3 was sadly one of his better games in a while.

We'll see how he responds. I thought he played good after his horrendous penalty.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prederator View Post
Exactly. See my post above.

Ellis is the current "new shiny toy", but his defense has a long way to go before he is reliable. Remember, they tried to trade him at deadline, so the Preds aren't necessarily convinced he is the real deal, IMO.
Ryan Ellis is the new Cody Franson.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:30 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Ok, I worked out 3 times [once before the game, reps in the breaks during the game, and cardio and reps after the game.]

I feel like crap, can a doc give me a prescription for a painkiller so I can do it again for game 4?
I learned from some guy on here that the best thing is to take a knee, rub some dirt on it, and get some motrin...

(of course when i tried it on a kid who had a tonsillectomy, it didn't work quite so well)

Old
04-16-2012, 06:30 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Ryan Ellis is the new Cody Franson.
agreed but with a little higher ceiling, I suspect...

Old
04-16-2012, 07:34 PM
VFL615*

I am not sure what Ellis has done so bad d. Give me some examples because i have not seen him make any more mistakes than other players. Sure he cannot knock with Bertuzzi and other huge forwards but name me someone that can on are team other than Gill and Weber?
Ellis needs to be used for his talents. He could be a very good asset to this team on offense if used correctly. He has a hell of a shot. As a rookie knows how to move the puck and make a tape to tape pass something a lot of the guys on this team lack. Trotz said in his interview after game 3 that Ellis is one of the most smartest hockey players you will run across, is a winner who has won on every level he has been on, and he thinks he will continue to do that.
I think it is just a matter of trust with him being a young player IMO.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
I am not sure what Ellis has done so bad d. Give me some examples because i have not seen him make any more mistakes than other players. Sure he cannot knock with Bertuzzi and other huge forwards but name me someone that can on are team other than Gill and Weber?
Ellis needs to be used for his talents. He could be a very good asset to this team on offense if used correctly. He has a hell of a shot. As a rookie knows how to move the puck and make a tape to tape pass something a lot of the guys on this team lack. Trotz said in his interview after game 3 that Ellis is one of the most smartest hockey players you will run across, is a winner who has won on every level he has been on, and he thinks he will continue to do that.
I think it is just a matter of trust with him being a young player IMO.
I don't have the game recorded, but I remember at least 2 instances where his lack of size let him get beat and Detroit got very good scoring chances. Both were in the 1st period I think.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:58 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I don't have the game recorded, but I remember at least 2 instances where his lack of size let him get beat and Detroit got very good scoring chances. Both were in the 1st period I think.
I didnt notice it any more than are other d men and forwards having trouble with the cycle. Josi got the puck stolen from him which led to a goal and Suter decided to let Zetterberg skate in uncontested for a snipe that ended in a goal. I also saw Weber and Suter almost get beat on a breakaway in the first though.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:59 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
What we see with Ellis getting beat, I think, is actually him trying too hard. He over commits trying to prove he can handle the wieght. In doing so he loses goal side position and gets beat. He would do well to watch a guy like Timmonen play.

Closed Thread