HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To defend or to attack?

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Habs13

vCash: 500
To defend or to attack?

After reading Gainey's comments on TSN, where he states that he is in good position to pull another deal should something worthy come about, I started wondering what would be the smart play, supposing we do get a player and just ONE player... do we aim for a top six forward or top 4 defender?

Personally, I saw a defender because we traded Theodore and already needed defensive help. How about you?

Old
03-09-2006, 01:30 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I'd love a powerforward, though I'd welcome a defenseman.

I keep thinking we'll be getting Bertuzzi, though I know it's highly unlikely. It makes me happy to think so, though.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:34 AM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
After reading Gainey's comments on TSN, where he states that he is in good position to pull another deal should something worthy come about, I started wondering what would be the smart play, supposing we do get a player and just ONE player... do we aim for a top six forward or top 4 defender?

Personally, I saw a defender because we traded Theodore and already needed defensive help. How about you?
it depend on who that one player is. if its either a mcabe on defense or bertuzzi on offense , id rather bertuzzi. if both players are equal, id rather the defenseman but a guy like weinrich isnt that impressive to me.

i hope if there is only one deal tommorow that it should be bigger than a weinrich or hill type deal. id definitely prefer foote over any forward if that can happen.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:35 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

I have a feeling that either BG will pull out something totally sick, or that he won't pull much at all, something like the rumored Eric Weinrich Retirement Favor trade.

Why do I have the feeling it WILL be totally sick?

Old
03-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:

he has the cap space to acquire both a defesemen and a foward
guess it depends if he sees the right guy"s" available

let theo be a example if your not " with the program" your gone
no matter what name is one your jersey.theo let bob down after he gave him the big salary so bob kicked his #$$ to the curb

sundstrom has to be a goner almost guarenteed .

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 03-09-2006 at 01:50 AM.
Old
03-09-2006, 01:42 AM
High flyin' Habs*

Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Judging by the last few games, we need a finisher more than anything right now imo.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:47 AM
znk

I want Jokinen.

What would it take? Can we make an offer Kenan cant refuse? I've heard he's taken him off the market.
anyway....considering he's an UFA would Ryder + a conditional pick be enough to temp florida?

Old
03-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Doug I agree.

Theodore also let down Gainey pretty much personally. BG's first decision a coach was to put Theodore in nets, Julien wanted to put in Huet. Worked good at first, but then Theodore crapped out on him.

I guess that sums it up, Theodore Crapped Out.

Old
03-09-2006, 02:24 AM
NewHabsEra*

No need for another defenseman.. I like our 6 defensemans alot, especially the way Komisarek is playing.. We have Streit and Coté able to do the job as 6th 7th dmen... Ideally another elite puckmover able to handle the PP would be welcome but Im pretty ok with the group in place... Bouillon while not flashy is extremmely effective, Dandeneault can be a nice bottom pairing defenseman, he proved it all his carreer long and you can feel him more comfortable lately without big responsabilities.. In the whole our defensemans are solid, they make basically no mistakes..

What we lack the most at the moment is some muscle up front, a guy who will add a physical presence and who can play hockey as well.. Im dreaming about Bertuzzi, this guy would create space for his linemates, he would be a perfect fit in the line-up..

Old
03-09-2006, 02:25 AM
Guy Caballero

Teemu Selanne. Trade followed by immediate three-year contract. Zed + pick.

Old
03-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Mikey Moosehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Teemu Selanne. Trade followed by immediate three-year contract. Zed + pick.
Great idea. But that 3rd year should be a team option.

Old
03-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Tuggy

Quote:

Why would we need a defender after Theodore was traded?

Anyway, I think we need another top 6 forward AND a #5/#6 defenseman. A top 4 defender is going to cost ALOT more then a top 6 forward. Personally I'm not comfortable with the top 6 we have right now. I think we need to add size and/or scoring. Ideally for me would be a sign and trade for Jokinen.

Closed Thread