HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Western Quarterfinal: (3) Phoenix Coyotes vs. (6) Chicago Blackhawks

View Poll Results: Who wins?
PHX in 4 9 1.48%
PHX in 5 23 3.78%
PHX in 6 99 16.26%
PHX in 7 125 20.53%
CHI in 4 16 2.63%
CHI in 5 66 10.84%
CHI in 6 207 33.99%
CHI in 7 64 10.51%
Voters: 609. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 08:57 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 500
Torres will just take a run at him and either get suspended for the playoffs or miss by 20 feet.

If anything, I'd be more afraid of Torres ability to play hockey since he's actually good when he's not acting like a total moron.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:59 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
okay....solid reply....
Gotta admit. That was pretty awesome. We're all just living the DREAM in Arizona.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:59 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Torres will just take a run at him and either get suspended for the playoffs or miss by 20 feet.

If anything, I'd be more afraid of Torres ability to play hockey since he's actually good when he's not acting like a total moron.
hahahaha, completely spot on. I dont get why anyone thinks this clown is some tough guy...he reminds me of a Hanson brother most nights.

I also agree that he should stick with the actual play of hockey as he isnt too bad...but the tough guy act is brutal at best

Old
04-16-2012, 09:00 PM
doaner

Quote:
when he's not acting like a total moron.
You mean like Shaw?

Old
04-16-2012, 09:01 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Gotta admit. That was pretty awesome. We're all just living the DREAM in Arizona.
hey, I am always rooting for you guys...been posting on here for years hoping you guys keep your team. I was very excited to see you guys win your division because I want to see this game grow in the US, and getting kids out of Arizona, Texas, California, Florida, Atlanta, Carolina, etc is what I am DREAMING about one day..

now that we are playing you guys...not so much love anymore..

Old
04-16-2012, 09:02 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Quote:
You mean like Shaw?
uh...sure?

I mean generally every player is better when they're not taking pointless runs at people...

Old
04-16-2012, 09:02 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
hey, I am always rooting for you guys...been posting on here for years hoping you guys keep your team. I was very excited to see you guys win your division because I want to see this game grow in the US, and getting kids out of Arizona, Texas, California, Florida, Atlanta, Carolina, etc is what I am DREAMING about one day..

now that we are playing you guys...not so much love anymore..
We can always DREAM about the love that once was, though. LOL

Old
04-16-2012, 09:03 PM
doaner

Quote:
uh...sure?

I mean generally every player is better when they're not taking pointless runs at people...
Especially when the person in question has a history of elbows to heads of goalies.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:26 AM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Get real. He didn't practice today. I'm sure the NHL was in contact with the Coyotes and seeing why they sat him during practice. I wasn't paying too much attention, but others that were at the game like myself noticed Smith wasn't playing the way he normally does(playing pucks behind the net).

You better hope Shaw gets suspended, I would hate to see what Torres has to say about that hit if Shaw is on the ice.
I'd take Shaw suspension if it means no Smith in the net.

Last time when Torres ran on Hawks' player in playoffs, Hawks won three in a row.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

Fun fact: since the Hawks returned to the playoffs in 2009, the game 2 winner in every series they've played in has won the series.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:59 AM
stingo

Raffi Torres is nothing to be worried about, he knows Bollig will do that Adam McQuaid did to him earlier in the year.

And as much as I hate to admit it, Torres is playing some decent hockey and probably doesn't want to be suspended by running around and making some stupid hit.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:13 AM
topnotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Coffee View Post
Fun fact: since the Hawks returned to the playoffs in 2009, the game 2 winner in every series they've played in has won the series.
Same for Phoenix.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:41 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
You mean like Shaw?
You're such a sad homer. 99 times out of 100 that ROUTINE play involves the netminder being fully aware of the forechecker, moving the puck, and stepping aside to give the forechecker a little space near the boards to pass by. That small third liner got 23 points in 37 games by making smart hockey plays, not being scared, and going to the right spots.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:02 AM
ModryJazyk

it was not first time we have seen Smith diving.

If you look closely at 0:59, Kane didn't even touch him before Smith did another theatrical dive and did lay on the ice for few minutes like hammered by locomotive.Of course, Kane recieved only minor penalty and no suspension.As Smith is repeat diver, he should be suspended for 1 game.

Last edited by ModryJazyk: 04-17-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old
04-17-2012, 09:29 AM
coyote_slash
#WeThePeople

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModryJazyk View Post

If you look closely at 0:59, Kane didn't even touch him before Smith did another theatrical dive and did lay on the ice for few minutes like hammered by locomotive.Of course, Kane recieved only minor penalty and no suspension.As Smith is repeat diver, he should be suspended for 1 game.
Smith missed the next game after that one BTW, which was a full 3 days later. And these situations aren't comparable. This wasn't near the head, it was a knee to the back of the leg.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:02 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:

As has already been stated, Smith was actually hurt on the play and missed time. The idea that he would take a dive with ten minutes left in a 4-1 game is laughable.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
As Smith is repeat diver, he should be suspended for 1 game.
suspend him for theatralic? Shaw and Smith have had contact before Smith overselld the hit.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

This sucks. Before the first game of this series I said we have to watch out for Shaw. I'm one of those people who hates being right.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9&postcount=49

Old
04-17-2012, 01:43 PM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
suspend him for theatralic? Shaw and Smith have had contact before Smith overselld the hit.
"64.3 Fines and Suspensions - Regardless if a minor penalty for diving / embellishment is called, Hockey Operations will review game videos and assess fines to players or goalkeepers who dive or embellish a fall or a reaction, or who feign injury. See also Rule 28 – Supplementary Discipline. The call on the ice by the Referee is totally independent of supplementary discipline.

The first such incident during the season will result in a warning letter being sent to the player or goalkeeper. The second such incident will result in a one thousand dollar ($1,000) fine. For a third such incident in the season, the player shall be suspended for one game, pending a telephone conversation with the Director of Hockey Operations. For subsequent violations in the same season, the player’s suspension shall double (i.e. first suspension – one game, second suspension – two games, third suspension – four games, etc.) See also Rule 28 – Supplementary Discipline."

well this was maybe only 2nd Smith's incident but I didn't see all PHX games.

Last edited by ModryJazyk: 04-17-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old
04-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
"64.3 Fines and Suspensions - Regardless if a minor penalty for diving / embellishment is called, Hockey Operations will review game videos and assess fines to players or goalkeepers who dive or embellish a fall or a reaction, or who feign injury. See also Rule 28 – Supplementary Discipline. The call on the ice by the Referee is totally independent of supplementary discipline.

The first such incident during the season will result in a warning letter being sent to the player or goalkeeper. The second such incident will result in a one thousand dollar ($1,000) fine. For a third such incident in the season, the player shall be suspended for one game, pending a telephone conversation with the Director of Hockey Operations. For subsequent violations in the same season, the player’s suspension shall double (i.e. first suspension – one game, second suspension – two games, third suspension – four games, etc.) See also Rule 28 – Supplementary Discipline."

well this was maybe only 2nd Smith's incident but I didn't see all PHX games.
OK, thanks. In this case... Smith's a diver

Old
04-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:

Oh look, I guess I was wrong in thinking that Shaw didn't have a history of this.

Oh I see, its not having a record(history) of this this as long as he doesn't get suspended for it.

Hell, lets suspended Jonas Gustavsson for diving too.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

you are a joke AP...

you really want to bring this up? want to compare this? is this all you have left to defend stupid Shanahan and diving Smithy?

edit: I'm sorry AP, don't want to take this to a personal level, but shanny pisses me off

Old
04-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Im not defending Shanny at all as there are moves made by the him and Cambell in the past that are of great concern but I'm not going to say Shaw is an angel that others make him out to be.

If you ask me personally, I think Shaw is trying to hard to be like Carcillo but with better offensive talent.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Im not defending Shanny at all as there are moves made by the him and Cambell in the past that are of great concern but I'm not going to say Shaw is an angel that others make him out to be.

If you ask me personally, I think Shaw is trying to hard to be like Carcillo but with better offensive talent.
Shaw plays with an edge, he always has... It's not that he's trying to be like Carcillo.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Shaw did nothing wrong... I would have done the same and in the end, the ruling sucks because of inconsitency

Closed Thread