HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 | Rangers vs Senators

Old
04-16-2012, 10:06 PM
OgieO

vCash: 500
Wow, didn't expect to see Spezza ripped like this. Kinda sad.

They have Lundqvist, he was amazing. Either team could have gotten a lucky bounce goal, tonight it was them.

Go get'em in game 4 boys

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9MM View Post
Playoffs are different. You won't win a cup with Spezza.

Better chance with guys like M.Richards, B.Schenn, Giroux, Briere.

I really don't hope that Spezza becomes Captain of our team. He will be like Joe Thornton. Great points during the season, **** in the playoffs = no hart.
Says the guy with a Michalek name and avatar. You realize Michalek has been worse right? At least Spezza is involved and working. Michalek is losing battles and has created nothing.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VikingKarlsson
Chomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAngelinaJolie View Post
People who still believe spezza is worth 7 million/yr need to check-in at the royal ottawa.
Agreed.

VikingKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:07 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9MM View Post
Playoffs are different. You won't win a cup with Spezza.

Better chance with guys like M.Richards, B.Schenn, Giroux, Briere.
Agreed, a line of one of those players, Michalek, and Niel would dominate as that other player is double and triple teamed. Right...

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Boyle = new Roberts but pussier.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mcnorth

Great goaltending at both ends, amazing collapse D by the NYR, and a little bit of puck luck and opportunism by Boyle and that is game.

Pretty used to the Sens offense drying up come play-offs, would like to see some sort of adjustment - but hell if I know what that might look like. Looked like everyone was doing what they could - no passengers at least.

Play hard game four, hope Alfie can come back and provide a spark, and pray the hockey gods bless us with the bounces.

Good game and a great effort by both sides. Loved seeing Winny on the first line - I actually almost started a thread suggesting that but deleted it b/c I thought I'd get flames. lulz. Not as dumb as I thought I guess.

mcnorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Unfortunately throughout his career, Spezza's game isn't made for the playoffs. At least, it isn't made for creating offense on his own. He had success with Alfredsson and Heatley because they were excellent along the boards and had elite finishing.

What I see from Spezza is a reluctance to skate. He loves to hold up and dish off the puck, but refuses to chase anything. Its infuriating, because for a guy who is typically known as an offensive guy...most of the time, he kills any chance of offense.

Sure, I'm writing this because we were blanked tonight. But its how I figured this series would go, especially with Alfredsson out. We badly need a star player who can handle boardplay and will go balls out when needed.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VikingKarlsson
Chomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
Says the guy with a Michalek name and avatar. You realize Michalek has been worse right? At least Spezza is involved and working. Michalek is losing battles and has created nothing.
bahhaahahahahah... Michalek kills penalties.. plays a complete game. Spezza is still the same old blue line to blue line player. Give your head a shake.

A center that plays the wing so he doesn't have to backcheck into the corners of his own end.

Old
SensArePrettyPesky
King Kendrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
No, what we need is for our best players to play like our best players...
I meant that as in more top 6 talent...

SensArePrettyPesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
Yup. Spezza's problem is he's trying too hard. He care's a lot and is single handily trying to create things himself which is hurting the team in the long run.

Michalek hasnt done **** offensively. Doesn't even looks like he cares.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tundraman
GoneCountry

The guys proved they can play better than the Rangers. If and when Spezza and Michalek decide to show up the wins will come. Tonight it was just a hot goalie and one unlucky bounce. Stache won't have anything negative to say to this team. He won't say it but I'm sure he expects a lot more from Spezza and Michalek especially on home ice where he got them away from the checkers quite often tonight. Just very poor decisions with the puck by Spezza and Michalek is non existent on the ice. They had a better chance of winning without those guys the way they played the 3 playoff games so far. We can only hope for better the rest of the way.

For the record I'm a big Spezza and Michalek fan but right now they don't deserve any praise.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:09 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
Knee jerk much.

Henrik stole that game. Can't argue with the effort. One lucky bounce the other way and it's a different game.

Play like that in game 4 and they'll be OK.
Exactly, glad about the level headed post. Those bashing Spezza need to ****. He is a PPG in the playoffs. He needs his wingers and everyone else to get going too. Too many outside shots, not enough crash the net, not enough rolling over Rangers players and making it tough for Lundqvist.

Ottawa will win game 4.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
2Cowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
His being 4th in league scoring say otherwise.

Spezza's been bad, there's no hiding it. But all this overreacting is a little much.
I get he doesn't have much in terms of wingers to play with but he shouldn't be trying to generate offense by throwing blind passes that rarely ever works in playoff type games. He had a glorious opportunity to shoot the puck and he passed off the opportunity to pass.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Step
GO SENS GO

In Spezza I trust. I can guarantee you nobody's more upset with his ass game than he is. Like I said fellas...chill...I'm confident he'll get his **** together in game 4.

Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
animalchin

No complaints from me - they all played friggin hard. They had some beauty chances but ran into a goalie in the zone. If they play this way Wednesday, they can and should win. Rangers had a few close chances, but the Sens carried the play for large chunks of time.

GO SENS!

Not down, not pointing fingers....put this one in the books, and ready for Wednesday.

animalchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

I think the fact that we're arguing whether Spezza or Michalek has been worse says all that needs to be said.

Both of them have been ass. Michalek is doing nothing, Spezza is attempting to do something and failing.

I have more confidence in every other line on this team than the X-Spezza-Michalek line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
In Spezza I trust. I can guarantee you nobody's more upset with his ass game than he is. Like I said fellas...chill...I'm confident he'll get his **** together in game 4.
I'm not. How many times do we need to keep telling ourselves this before we accept that he isn't going to show up? It's like the Pittsburgh series all over again.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
armani
Guy Likes

The fact of the matter is, Spezza has probably had his most complete season this year - likely the very best. Since late March, he has been on a downward spiral. I know there were some personal events, such as a death of one of his closest buddies and the birth of a new child. He looks ready to play, but are doing all the things right now that had some "fans" and media calling for his trade for the last few years.

However, it's not just him. He really has a scrub playing with him on the LW and a 35 goal scorer who is playing like a scrub.

Both Michalek and Spezza need to spend some time watching a few tapes of what made them successful in the regular season.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zdeno Charamander

Butler earned his spot for Game 4.

Zdeno Charamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

vCash: 50
Well one thing for me so far these 3 games is that Turris is going to be very good once he gets stronger, big heart.

Spezza is just forcing plays all over, coach needs to calm him down.

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
armani
Guy Likes

BTW, this series is far from over.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VikingKarlsson
Chomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
Exactly, glad about the level headed post. Those bashing Spezza need to ****. He is a PPG in the playoffs. He needs his wingers and everyone else to get going too. Too many outside shots, not enough crash the net, not enough rolling over Rangers players and making it tough for Lundqvist.

Ottawa will win game 4.
Ottawa will lose game 4. Unless Alfie comes back. Do you actually think Spezza will come from behind the net to try and score?

Murray is right... the team is still 3 years away. Enough time to let the young group coming up take over.

Old
Karlstrobe
Lazer Lazar

Insert Alfy Carkner next game and if we play the same game we will be fine. Were getting defended by one of the better teams in the NHL who play a tight checking game, the reason Spez and Michalek are playing bad is because they are closely watched and isolated when they have the puck.. chill out guys.

Karlstrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Caeldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdeno Charamander View Post
Butler earned his spot for Game 4.
If Alfie's back for Game 4...

Michalek-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Turris-Butler
Condra-Smith-Neil
Greening-Winchester-Daugavins

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
jeffsens11

Def not Spezza's best game tonight but we did not lose tonight solely because of him... Lundqvist was amazing plain and simple. We outplayed them and their goalie stole the show. Anyone who suggests Spezza isn't a playoff performer needs to look at his career playoff stats....

jeffsens11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
sensfan25

People shouldn't blame Spezza he is being defended by New Yorks best dmen and also he is left with the burden of generating all the offence on his line.(Silfverberg needs to come quick). Sens played a very good game but just could not bury the puck. Its only 2-1 lets see what they can do next game

sensfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote