HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Sens - Game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
RangersFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Can we please have these 2 refs ref the rest of this series please? This was playoff hockey, what a game.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

1. Hank - What else can be said? You can easily make the case that he stole this one for us.

2. Brian freakin Boyle - Talk about stepping up at the right time. Yea there was the goal, but my jaw hit the floor when he showed off that breakaway speed to draw a penalty.

3. Stralman - In a series where a few of our Dmen look worse than they did in the regular season, Stralman has stepped up big time.

That said, this team still needs to get it all together. Not a great performance overall. To be fair Anderson made a few huge stops...but without Hank we're down 2-1.

Oh and on Kreider, that was pretty much what I expected. Flashed his speed and was effective on the forecheck and hunting down pucks. Looks a little tentative but..well..DUH. Got better as the game progressed, and looked solid overall given the situation (playing with Richards & Gabby on the road in a 1-1 series, just nuts).

04-16-2012, 10:14 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
In my mind it does. They had much more opportunity. When watching the game, you can't possibly tell me you thought our O-zone pressure was better. We had a couple great shifts in the 2nd and 3rd, but other than that, Ottawa kept on bringing it. Hank is why we won this game. We had some great chances, but for the most part played sub-par.
no. legitimate scoring chances is what actually matters. ur not gonna score on henke shooting point shots and perimeter shots all game. we had just as many legitimate opportunities to score as they did. anderson actually had a phenomenal game as well. we very easily could have had 3-4 goals on our 20-something shots.

Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
4th line looked good. Stralman was outstanding. Looked calmed and deliberate the entire time. McD had some nice plays and I loved Girardi's being adamant to shoot tonight.

Old
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Kreider is going to be an all-star for this team.

Why?

Because 11s play a huge role in my life. #11 Mark Messier scored (sorta) the game winning goal to win the Stanley Cup on my 11th birthday. When I went to school in Boston, the put me in room 11 on the 11th floor of the dorm building. I'm telling you, this is a sign.
We'll take your word for it Hope you're right.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
NYRangers16

Missed first 2 periods but what a 3rd! Hank on Turris was unbelievable and Boyle was all over the place...he' killing the sens and I love it. Also nice to see Kreider in action.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Rupp deserves more ice time. So does Feds. It's amazing how almost all the best players have been the ones with playoff experience.

It's amazing how average Kreider looks next to guys like Cowen and Phillips and Kuba....At BC, he towered over everybody.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamipuck View Post
Oh yeah you think Richards was awful?

Were you watching the game in an alternate reality or something?

Richards played very well in my opinion. He hustled and moved the puck well all night.
I never said he was awful, but Richards clearly has not been as good in this series as he was in March. We need that type of production from him more consistently. I'm not saying he has to score goals or produce points, but he has not been even close to how he was playing in March.

And I watched the entire game, sorry to tell you that.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Dorado*

Dubinsky had a very good game . He used his speed and was strong on the puck and took that hit t o gain the zone on the GWG . Also was key in keeping the puck 200 ft away from our goal a bunch last 4 -5 min

Old
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
I never said he was awful, but Richards clearly has not been as good in this series as he was in March. We need that type of production from him more consistently. I'm not saying he has to score goals or produce points, but he has not been even close to how he was playing in March.

Nope, but that is what you are saying. Agree to disagree, he played very well.

Old
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Kreider is going to be an all-star for this team.

Why?

Because 11s play a huge role in my life. #11 Mark Messier scored (sorta) the game winning goal to win the Stanley Cup on my 11th birthday. When I went to school in Boston, the put me in room 11 on the 11th floor of the dorm building. I'm telling you, this is a sign.

Hahaha. I'm that way with 9's. Birthdays in my house are 3/9; 6/19; 9/29. Then my youngest daughter came along with 8/16 and screwed up the whole pattern! So...I gave her up for adoption and now everything is to rights again.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

We have no Ottawa trolls to fight with so we're fighting amongst ourselves lol

Old
04-16-2012, 10:20 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post

In the playoffs, especially on the road, top lines get shut down pretty hard. Wining in the playoffs is all about either having a superstar who can play through top defensive matchups, or have enough scoring depth that other lines step up when the top line gets shut down.

Our second line of Artie-Dubie-Cally has been pretty dry. Boyle's been our secondary scoring.

Old
Moosehead777

This is playoff hockey. And goaltending and Defense wins games. Dosent matter if you get 5 shots and the other team gets 50. Hank is in the zone. Dont worry so much about the players, as the machine heats up those that may seem a bit luke warm will start to produce.

Old
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Rupp was very effective on every shift. Seemed like he was making something happen every time he touched the ice.
Rupp will eventually have an impact game during the playoffs. He's just that type of player. 2 goals in the Winter Classic, a Stanley Cup winning goal, something will happen for him and us when we least expect it.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:21 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Uh, what game were you watching?

They won the first. We won the second. Third was close with us getting the goal. No idea how anyone can say that they dominated.

How many missed shots did we have? They get every shot on the net. That doesn't mean that they dominated us.
Exactly. We had some fantastic chances that Anderson stonewalled.

When we have the best goalie in the world, it's hard for me to say a game in which he wins for us is getting outplayed. We played our game, and while we maybe let Ottawa take control for a stretch every once in a while, we played Rangers hockey.

Ottawa got beat by us playing like we did November-January.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Rangers2319

dont forget lundy had an off day yesterday, prolly had a huge impact for todays game, i wonder if torts gives him the day off tom too

Old
04-16-2012, 10:22 PM
GAGLine

Need to come out on Wednesday and take it to them. They are gonna try to get physical again. We need to step on their necks and go back home with a chance to close it out.

Old
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelBure9 View Post
He did not play alot but Bickel arguably had the biggest play of the game. Henrik was out of position after a rebound and Bickel saved his ass. I'm not a huge fan of Bickel but that one play should be talked about also in the game.
It was smart of Bickel to lean the way he did. I like Bickel, I think he provides good value. He shouldn't be expected to be a top d-man, but he really does play okay. I would say that even if the Rangers lost tonight. Bickel is not a problem, he is pulling his weight.

Old
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
We have no Ottawa trolls to fight with so we're fighting amongst ourselves lol
Funny how Ottawa fans don't come in here after a loss.

WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Hahaha. I'm that way with 9's. Birthdays in my house are 3/9; 6/19; 9/29. Then my youngest daughter came along with 8/16 and screwed up the whole pattern! So...I gave her up for adoption and now everything is to rights again.
We have the 2's in my house. Everyone has a 2 in their birthday. My girlfriend has a 2 in her birthday, my brother's wife has a 2, and my other brother's gf has a 2.

Brian Leetch/Boyle!

Old
04-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Boyle and Hank, **** yeah!

Huge win.

Old
Pugs35

The Sens didn't dominate us by any means. This is what a good Rangers road playoff game looks like. The Rangers had several great scoring chances that Anderson made fantastic saves on. I thought it was pretty even, and for a road playoff game in a Canadian city? Pretty much all you could hope for.

I thought pretty much everyone played great, Kreider looked good in the o-zone and a little hesitant in the d-zone, about what you'd expect.

Old
Levitate

Richards was a beast on the puck all game long

Rangers need to get more going offensively but honestly Ottawa played really really well tonight, I gotta give them that

They still turn the puck over like it's their jobs but they did a great job recovering and limiting the Rangers chances when that happened.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

I like what they did with Kreider by stop putting him in the remaining 10 minutes. Kid is getting good experience and should be fine next game.

Played pretty well for his first game.

Closed Thread