HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Future for our goaltending prospects??

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Matrix

vCash: 500
Future for our goaltending prospects??

My main problem is the message it gives to Danis and the rest of our goalies. I'm pretty sure that Danis thinks is AHL time is over. Does that mean that depending on how Abby does, it's possible we let Huet go in the summer and have a Abby-Danis duo next year?

What about Halak? Even though it's only a few games, he shows like he's also capable of playing in the AHL and gradually becoming better and better. Does that mean another ECHL season for him next year if Danis stays and if we still have a Abby-Huet duo. Does it mean that there's no room for Danis, Halak and Heino next year and maybe for years to come???

Does it also really means that if everything are like we hope it it, we'll have that duo for at least the next 4-5 years, just in time to see Price making his debut???

What does it really say for all this depth that we have in goal. It's not like Abby and Huet were 37 years old, they still have a lot of good hockey for them

Old
03-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
It's a good problem to have.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
It's a good problem to have.
Definitely. Imo, we need to re-sign Huet, weither or not we decide to keep him. That way we can trade him or abby and get something valuable in the process.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:53 AM
AndyDusso

I agree, Halak deserves more chances in the AHL and I feel that Danis deserves a shot as a backup next year.

Aebischer or Huet must be traded next year or so unless maybe BG feels that Danis does not have what it takes to make it to the NHL.

Maybe Danis will be back in the AHL and if does great, then Aebischer or Huet could be dealt. I feel that in two years a pair Halak-Price will be in Hamilton so maybe next year will be a year to really test Danis, training camp is gonna be really important for him.

Best example is Pascal Leclaire, Columbus sign Prusek, Leclaire was incredible in training camp, start the season, then sent down, played great in Syracuse and finally showed some good stuff.

Danis has to fill the same role but for sure it is a good goaltending situation at the moment.

By acquiring Aebischer you also have two guys who can ply in the playoffs, if Huet sucks I could not see Danis playing the playoffs this year...

Old
03-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Shabutie

Imho, Abby is the better goalie. His reflexes, his speed everything but rebound control. I know how important that is, but I think he'll be the better of both goalies for us. I hope to see him start Saturday

Closed Thread