HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Sens - Game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
I love...just love how cast off guys like Strals and Boyler have turned into key players for this team. It's like, what dreams are made of, right?

Old
Silence Of The Plams
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Funny how Ottawa fans don't come in here after a loss.
Theyre putting on the tin foil hats and storming the main boards

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Rupp deserves more ice time. So does Feds. It's amazing how almost all the best players have been the ones with playoff experience.

It's amazing how average Kreider looks next to guys like Cowen and Phillips and Kuba....At BC, he towered over everybody.
CK was still very strong on the puck. He was getting hit and had no problem holding onto it. In the 2nd period he was making very strong plays in the face of pressure because he was strong enough to do it.

Not a particularly strong game, but not a weak game either. I'll take it for his first professional game ever.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:26 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
I like what they did with Kreider by stop putting him in the remaining 10 minutes. Kid is getting good experience and should be fine next game.

Played pretty well for his first game.
Yeah, I think all, or nearly all of his starts were offensive zone. Looked a bit tentative the first period and a little unsure in the d zone, but got better as the game went on.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:27 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Kreider is going to be an all-star for this team.

Why?

Because 11s play a huge role in my life. #11 Mark Messier scored (sorta) the game winning goal to win the Stanley Cup on my 11th birthday. When I went to school in Boston, the put me in room 11 on the 11th floor of the dorm building. I'm telling you, this is a sign.
don't forget to turn the water on/off 11 times when u brush your teeth and turn the doorknob 11 times before you leave the house in the morning. Kreider doesn't need your OCD tendencies.

that said, i agree he will be a big part of the NYR future

Old
04-16-2012, 10:27 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Rangers won 15 out of 44 faceoffs. Ouch.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Lerb

does anyone have a video of the Boyler goal? not just a 42 second vid but the play before and after etc.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:28 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Anyone have a video of the goal from the MSG feed (not CBC)?

04-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Lerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Anyone have a video of the goal from the MSG feed (not CBC)?
I second this.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:29 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Old
04-16-2012, 10:30 PM
trilobyte

Cherry is gushing over Boyle.

Not bad considering he doesn't really like the Rangers at all. Not that I care, but it is a testament to what Boyle is doing.
Think about what Boyle is doing. Wowzer.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Marc-Andre Fleury should watch this game and take some notes. This is how a goalie plays in the playoffs.

Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

The Sens control of the 3rd period was because of Ranger laziness and stupidity with the puck.

The Rangers gave the Sens three Odd man rushes because Stepan, Dubinsky and Prust wired shots 50000 feet wide on the long side.

They refuse to make the easy clearing attempt. It amazes how guys like Gaborik and AA grab control of the puck in their own zone, in desperate need of a change, and skate towards their own goal line!!!!!!! Clear the friggin puck!!!!!!

That's back to back 3rd periods they pulled this crap. My heart cant take this -- it's only round 1.

Still, I dont see the Rangers playing like this much longer. They look tentative and nervous at times, and Henrik has bailed them out.

If they get by this round, I think they start looking like a real contender.

Ottawa is outhitting them, beating them in the faceoff dot and controlling the neutral zone, but we expected that before the series started.

Game 4 is a must win. Biggest game of the year.

Old
Machinehead
H8ers Gonna H8

We stole game 3, but they stole game 2 imo, so I'm calling it a fair trade and moving on. Come out in game 4 with your best and it's a 3-1 lead back to the Garden any way you wanna paint it.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
gardenparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
we can't continue to give up the offensive zone like this and expect to play long in the PO's.

We may very well win this series, but that is something that teams are going to see in the tapes and as we move along, teams get better.
I know this seems counter-intuitive but teams don't necessarily get better as we move deeper into the playoffs. The "compete" level might, but the opponents aren't always more talented. In today's NHL, all teams from 1-8 have a high degree of skill just to make it this far. And any team from 1-8 can make it to the Finals riding a hot goalie. Boston almost got knocked out of the first round last year by the Canadiens (lost the first two games before bouncing back to win in Game 7).

Still, your point is well taken. There is room for improvement with the Rangers. But I like our "team first" approach (shot blocking, winning puck battles etc.).

Old
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Click
Rookie User

I still can't believe some of the saves Lundqvist made tonight. My jaw dropped so many times, I lost count. Definitely the best goaltending performance in the playoffs this year. Proves once again, he is one of, if not the best goalie in the world. When he's "on," you can't get anything past him. Rangers need to win a cup for this guy...

Even though I hate the Senators, I gotta give them props for playing such a good game without the goonery they employed in game 2. Anderson was very good tonight. They outplayed the Rangers (not every shift, but more often than not).

Boyle so far, is the series MVP. He keeps stepping up at crucial times; a game changer. Even after being sucker punched (twice) and beaten while on the ground, he came back tonight with an incredibly gritty and spectacular performance. Oh, and he owns Anderson. Hopefully he continues to play at this high level the rest of the series and playoffs.

I still want payback on Carkner, but this was a great, clean, hard-fought game from both teams. The refs were terribly biased the first period, but they were great 2nd and 3rd periods. This is what NHL hockey is supposed to be.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Kreider got better as the game progressed. I think it was a good idea to get him off the top line the last half of the 3rd.

Can't say I was disappointed, he was put in an insanely tough position for a guy straight out of college. The pace of this game was even faster than a normal playoff game. I can't imagine how much faster it was than the National Championship game, probably an order of magnitude.

Also he got winded quick as he was even close to being used to that pace. You can tell he was dying 30 seconds into a particular shift.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I love how silent the arena was after Boyle scored

Old
04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
We stole game 3, but they stole game 2 imo, so I'm calling it a fair trade and moving on. Come out in game 4 with your best and it's a 3-1 lead back to the Garden any way you wanna paint it.
There's no such thing as a "fair trade". We should have won Game 2.

04-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Marc-Andre Fleury should watch this game and take some notes. This is how a goalie plays in the playoffs.
haha did you see my joke post a couple pages back? it was about MAF...funny stuff

Old
04-16-2012, 10:38 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

How in the hell did Fleury win a Stanley Cup.

Life is ridiculous sometimes

Old
04-16-2012, 10:38 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

I saw a couple of Ottawa fans gushing how bright their future is because their young team is playing so well against the #1 seed. Now, correct if I'm wrong, but, I'm pretty sure the Rangers may be just as young overall as the Sens...we don't have three players as old as Kuba, Phillips or Gonchar on D, plus, Spezza and Neil ain't exactly young.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:39 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Cherry is gushing over Boyle.

Not bad considering he doesn't really like the Rangers at all. Not that I care, but it is a testament to what Boyle is doing.
Think about what Boyle is doing. Wowzer.
Cherry loves the Rangers this year. Cited us and Boston a month and a half ago as teams who play the way you need to in order to be successful in the playoffs. We led the league in fighting majors--you think Don Cherry of all people, wouldn't love a team that does that?

Cannot say enough about Lundqvist and Boyle. Hank was not going to be beaten tonight. Boyle was a force every shift--using his size very effectively and constantly driving the net. That feed to Cally was gorgeous as well.

Cannot speak negatively about anyone in a Rangers sweater tonight. Agree with others on Kreider. Showed flashes--strong below the face-off dots, around the net, speed but little unsure of himself at times. MSG did show that one replay where he hustled back into defensive zone and picked up Butler. Keep the kid in the line-up and if need be, flip flop him with Stepan like tonight.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I saw a couple of Ottawa fans gushing how bright their future is because their young team is playing so well against the #1 seed. Now, correct if I'm wrong, but, I'm pretty sure the Rangers may be just as young overall as the Sens...we don't have three players as old as Kuba, Phillips or Gonchar on D, plus, Spezza and Neil ain't exactly young.
actually beginning of the series they said rangers are actually younger than the sens

Old
04-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Machinehead
H8ers Gonna H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
There's no such thing as a "fair trade". We should have won Game 2.
Yeah but if you give both teams a loss they should've won, it's still 2-1 because they should've won tonight.

Closed Thread