HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Sens - Game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Dorado*

vCash: 500
Sens played well but b real thir entire game revolves Around # 65 right now and Anderson has been Rock solid

Old
04-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
Amen to that. Clutch play by Bickel. Watching that play develop, I thought for sure that the Sens were about to score there.
Its like it all happened in slow motion. I saw the Sens' player with a wide open net and thought "oh god no" then Bickel flew in out of nowhere

Old
04-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Its like it all happened in slow motion. I saw the Sens' player with a wide open net and thought "oh god no" then Bickel flew in out of nowhere
I thought for sure it was a goal.

Bickel must've played some street hockey goalie back in the day.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

My favorite part of the game was when Staal just took Foligno and threw him like a football

Old
04-16-2012, 10:04 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
My favorite part of the game was when Staal just took Foligno and threw him like a football
Yep. Staal has been fantastic so far.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post

Thinking back to the beginning of the season, it would've been hard to believe that we'd be praising Stu Bickel as making a key defensive play in a playoff game.

The guy's far exceeded expectations this year, that's for sure.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Much more physical than he had been all regular season. Getting back to form.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
Thinking back to the beginning of the season, it would've been hard to believe that we'd be praising Stu Bickel as making a key defensive play in a playoff game.

The guy's far exceeded expectations this year, that's for sure.
I agree. I want the poor guy to get a goal.

04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
SnowblindNYR

BTW, these playoffs and this game in particular is why on get on Lundqvist. If doesn't have those months like March and April this year, with the team that the Rangers now have he can easily be one of the best ever. Maybe he doesn't have the skill of Hasek but I don't see why he can't be Roy (maybe won't get 4 rings). It's just went he sleep walks for months at a time it's infuriating because he can play so much better.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Let's get the good out of the way:

I'm thrilled we won the game, an away game nonetheless, and Boyle is playing the best hockey I have ever seen for him. He's been a force. Lundqvist was fantastic as well. Kreider looked good, but I really thought his knack for standing around was more of a being bored with college thing, he did it a number of times tonight.

Alright....

Paul MacClean's post game was a hell of a lot more accurate then Tortorellas. Ottawa is playing way over their heads, the way teams are supposed to in the playoffs. The Rangers quite frankly look a huge pile of ****. I'm still upset at how ****ing bad they've been to start the post-season. Not sure our wingers and defenseman could be any worse at getting the puck out of the zone. It's pathetic, and most of our forwards have simply not shown up yet. I expected Dubinsky to come out with a fire lit under his ass, and aside from a few good shifts he was awful. Stepan doesn't look like he belongs in the AHL, let alone the NHL.

If I were Tortorella I would be happy we won, but this team isn't close to where it needs to be. Their piss poor play has carried over from the end of the season.

PoTG: Hank

Good: Boyle was spectacular, Prust was flying. Kreider had a good first NHL given the circumstances. Richards created a lot of opportunities, but he too could be better.

Bad: When all 5 Rangers collapse around the net it masks a lot of problems. Stralman made some nice plays, and Bickel saved a goal, but none of those plays should happen in the first place. The defense was bad tonight, Lundqvist was that ****ing good.

Redden: Callahan couldn't do anything right out there. Fumble every single pass except for the breakaway, where he got nothing on the shot. It was just a bad bad game by him.

If this team could play with the energy Ottawa has had the last 2 games, they'd be crushing this series, because they're a hell of a lot more talented then Ottawa.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Bishop1310

hey guys, leafs fan here saying congrats on the win.. ****ing hate the senators. But to be honest I've seen the rangers play a lot better at times this season. Lundqvist is... just unreal! the amount of blocked shots the guys in front of him get every game is nuts!

I really do love the way the rangers play, but they need richards and gaborik to get some offence going.

If rangers can win game 4 then its over. going back to new york.

Brian Boyle has been one of my favourite players since his Kings day. Traded for him every season in the NHL games hahahah. The guys really stepped up.

Keep it goin boys. ****ing smash these senasnoors to ****! WOOOOOOOO

Old
04-16-2012, 10:10 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
In my mind it does. They had much more opportunity. When watching the game, you can't possibly tell me you thought our O-zone pressure was better. We had a couple great shifts in the 2nd and 3rd, but other than that, Ottawa kept on bringing it. Hank is why we won this game. We had some great chances, but for the most part played sub-par.
Completely agree.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post

I'm thrilled we won the game, an away game nonetheless, and Boyle is playing the best hockey I have ever seen for him. He's been a force. Lundqvist was fantastic as well. Kreider looked good, but I really thought his knack for standing around was more of a being bored with college thing, he did it a number of times tonight.

Alright....

Paul MacClean's post game was a hell of a lot more accurate then Tortorellas. Ottawa is playing way over their heads, the way teams are supposed to in the playoffs. The Rangers quite frankly look a huge pile of ****. I'm still upset at how ****ing bad they've been to start the post-season. Not sure our wingers and defenseman could be any worse at getting the puck out of the zone. It's pathetic, and most of our forwards have simply not shown up yet. I expected Dubinsky to come out with a fire lit under his ass, and aside from a few good shifts he was awful. Stepan doesn't look like he belongs in the AHL, let alone the NHL.

If I were Tortorella I would be happy we won, but this team isn't close to where it needs to be. Their piss poor play has carried over from the end of the season.

Good: Boyle was spectacular, Prust was flying. Kreider had a good first NHL given the circumstances. Richards created a lot of opportunities, but he too could be better.

Bad: When all 5 Rangers collapse around the net it masks a lot of problems. Stralman made some nice plays, and Bickel saved a goal, but none of those plays should happen in the first place. The defense was bad tonight, Lundqvist was that ****ing good.

Redden: Callahan couldn't do anything right out there. Fumble every single pass except for the breakaway, where he got nothing on the shot. It was just a bad bad game by him.

If this team could play with the energy Ottawa has had the last 2 games, they'd be crushing this series, because they're a hell of a lot more talented then Ottawa.
Well they are winning 2-1 and only lost the second because of 2 fluky goals. I don't know what else you want from them. This team has gotten out played plenty this season and still found ways to win.

Old
XLJ

Great win. How awesome was it that Boyle scored the game winner. That was a big **** you to the sens fans and players.
Big negative were the faceoffs. We were just brutal. Thats a big reason why we got outshot during the game.

Old
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post

Alright....

I mean the dude did basically create the only goal of the game by winning the puck behind the net and sending it back to Girardi, I'll take it.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Trade him!

RANGERS =
Old
04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

All I ask is that Hank's save in the last minute be #1 on Sportscenter's Top Ten. Aww who am I kidding, it will probably be #4 with 2 dunks and a diving catch ahead of it...

Old
04-16-2012, 10:14 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post

That was Hank during the game tonight.
Nah he was more like

Old
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Cherry loves the Rangers this year. Cited us and Boston a month and a half ago as teams who play the way you need to in order to be successful in the playoffs. We led the league in fighting majors--you think Don Cherry of all people, wouldn't love a team that does that?

Cannot say enough about Lundqvist and Boyle. Hank was not going to be beaten tonight. Boyle was a force every shift--using his size very effectively and constantly driving the net. That feed to Cally was gorgeous as well.

Cannot speak negatively about anyone in a Rangers sweater tonight. Agree with others on Kreider. Showed flashes--strong below the face-off dots, around the net, speed but little unsure of himself at times. MSG did show that one replay where he hustled back into defensive zone and picked up Butler. Keep the kid in the line-up and if need be, flip flop him with Stepan like tonight.
The interesting thing about Boyle is that people call him soft. If what people expect is a linear extension of Callahan pound for pound (or kilo for kilo as we Canadians might express it), then, I guess they will be disappointed. He will not create human bug-splats on the boards, neither will he beat the crap out of anyone in fisticuffs.

A ton of folks keep talking about what Dubinsky does. I never argue with them about his defensive contributions. I see them, I know that he does some good things. But, if people want to be honest, Boyle is far more valuable than Brandon Dubinsky. Silly of me to go by what I see game in game out.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Caught most of the game 2nd period to final on the DVR, Some thoughts.

Boyle was outstanding this game, hands down our best forward on the ice. Did everything he humanly could to win this game.

Hank was outstanding.

Callahan played ok, seemed out of sync most of the game.

Stepan was awful, absolute disaster.

Krieder looked as good as I thought he would. Didn't expect much but he didn't make any real mistakes. Good first outing for an NHL game(pressure must have been insane). I am completely shocked he was playing on our first line(even though Torts wasn't giving them first line minutes). Very Bold and could payoff big down the road. When Hags gets back he is going to have more weapons to work with. I think another thing with Krieder was that he was VERY responsible defensively. I saw him covering for the Dmen pinching in the zone a couple times.

Strahlman had an outstanding game, might very well be our best all around Dman this game. Staal played well. Girardi was frustrating as hell in the offensive zone tonight(even though he got the assist on the goal).

One thing I noticed we did much better this game on our break outs was more support along the half wall. Our wings were much better positioning themselves on the boards on the breakouts. Pretty much the only significant adjustment I saw. We still need to stop with the panicky plays with the puck when we aren't pressured. Those icings are going to kill us.

Our offense is still not good enough if we expect to go deep. We can't keep on relying on our D and goaltending to be perfect. We have to finish our chances and not bungle odd man rushes and breakaways. I expect our first line to have a much better game with a solid practice with Krieder.

Not going to comment about the PP.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
BTW, these playoffs and this game in particular is why on get on Lundqvist. If doesn't have those months like March and April this year, with the team that the Rangers now have he can easily be one of the best ever. Maybe he doesn't have the skill of Hasek but I don't see why he can't be Roy (maybe won't get 4 rings). It's just went he sleep walks for months at a time it's infuriating because he can play so much better.
You mean weeks?

Old
04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

I have a mancrush on Boyle now.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Got home with a minute and a half into the 3rd.

My brother texted me and simply said they're playing like ****. Hank pretty much stood on his head? How'd CK look?

Old
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
We stole game 3, but they stole game 2 imo, so I'm calling it a fair trade and moving on. Come out in game 4 with your best and it's a 3-1 lead back to the Garden any way you wanna paint it.
See, this is where I disagree. The Senators didn't steal anything in Game 2, they were on the road and they were the flat out better team.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

steps with 12 mins? yikes

Closed Thread