HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 3 | 4/17/12 | 7pm EDT | Panthers VS Devils | TV: NHLNet, SunSports, TSN

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 09:43 PM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
IME, any bar will put the game on for you if they don't already have it on. Ask someone who works there, I've never had a problem... but if you want to make absolutely sure, you could check which bars are on your way & call to ask if they'd be able to put the game on (tell them which channel maybe). The channels are always listed on the panthers site for each game.

I have a favor to ask of you good people... I'll have to work for the better chunk (maybe all) of game 4, so would love to have one of out true diehards text me with updates like goals and whatever else is very important. Would prefer a longtime member who's been posting a while (I used to be a regular about a year ago - had an avi with a bagged panther & confetti around it, if that helps ring a bell).

Old
04-16-2012, 09:58 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbanana View Post
IME, any bar will put the game on for you if they don't already have it on. Ask someone who works there, I've never had a problem... but if you want to make absolutely sure, you could check which bars are on your way & call to ask if they'd be able to put the game on (tell them which channel maybe). The channels are always listed on the panthers site for each game.

I have a favor to ask of you good people... I'll have to work for the better chunk (maybe all) of game 4, so would love to have one of out true diehards text me with updates like goals and whatever else is very important. Would prefer a longtime member who's been posting a while (I used to be a regular about a year ago - had an avi with a bagged panther & confetti around it, if that helps ring a bell).
If you have a smartphone, get twitter and follow the panthers and GR

Old
04-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
NJ will have momentum tomorrow on home ice. Hope we can play well and suck the life out of the arena.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:04 PM
RainingRats

I think Wolski has been good. He is physical, defensively responsible, and has created some offense. Smithson is redundant and will not bring any offense. He also plays center. We're doing very well in the faceoff circle. I don't think Barch takes Wolski's spot either because it's [retty apparent Dineen isn't that big of a fan of Barch.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:05 PM
RainingRats

I think I'm going to go the game. Hopefully I can get out of work on time.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
GoRatsGo
LGP

I'm pretty confident that we can pickup one of these games in Jersey. This team is reveling in the underdog role and it's awesome to see!

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!

Old
04-16-2012, 10:29 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
NJ will have momentum tomorrow on home ice. Hope we can play well and suck the life out of the arena.
Why not? they did it to us.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:35 PM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I'm locked out of the app market right now bec google shut down my acct that was linked to it. (For no reason, by the way). And since I'm busy at work 100% of the tine, I can't load pages etc... but a text will flash across the screen.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:11 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
I think Wolski has been good. He is physical, defensively responsible, and has created some offense. Smithson is redundant and will not bring any offense. He also plays center. We're doing very well in the faceoff circle. I don't think Barch takes Wolski's spot either because it's [retty apparent Dineen isn't that big of a fan of Barch.
At least someone is watching the game...

Wojtek Wolski is an integral part of us winning the division this year.

Don't understand the comments about WW when his center has been our worst player for like 2 months... Shawn Matthias... And I'm a big Matthis supporter, but the guy hasn't produced anything for weeks !

He could still have a big game in this series and we'll all forgive him...

But asking for Wojtek to get scratched...

Old
04-16-2012, 11:19 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
At least someone is watching the game...

Wojtek Wolski is an integral part of us winning the division this year.

Don't understand the comments about WW when his center has been our worst player for like 2 months... Shawn Matthias... And I'm a big Matthis supporter, but the guy hasn't produced anything for weeks !

He could still have a big game in this series and we'll all forgive him...

But asking for Wojtek to get scratched...
agree with everything you said. Matthias is a lost soul on the ice. He is completely expendable by drew shore next season imo.

Wolski is integral.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Erick

Wolski has taken a couple of dumb penalties (in game 1 actually), but aside from that, he hasn't been any worse than some of our other checking line players.

Their checking lines have been better than ours so far. Ryan Carter and Steve ****ing Bernier have been a pain in the ass.

Edit: Not that all of our checking line players have been bad. Madden's been spectacular and Kopecky's been nice, too. Although Kopecky seems to be on a different line every game so I don't even know who he's playing with anymore. Either way, Kopecky had a great shift in the final minute last game and you can see why he's been a valuable member to other playoff teams so far. Hopefully he doesn't start doing the dumb backhanded pass crap, though.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
I wasn't aware of the shootout impact. Still not happy with him. This is a guy who had 60 points not to long ago. I expect MUCH better. And I see value in any draft pick in the top 3 rounds. You see lots of good players come out of the third round, regardless of what the odds are.
How can you criticise a player without even knowing his best asset, the main reason he was brought here?

I suspect these comments against Wolski come from the couple penalties he took in game one, which have annoyed people. No-one expected him to be on pace for 60 points. You don't get those guys for 3rd rounders. We had one 60 point guy this year.

Somehow I don't see this game as a must win either. Would be very good to win ofcourse, and a win now would set us up nicely going forward, but I think we do well as underdogs, so coming from behind is not all that bad.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:55 AM
JPG

madden's penalty kill in the third period was magical

Old
04-17-2012, 01:37 AM
JPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
agree with everything you said. Matthias is a lost soul on the ice. He is completely expendable by drew shore next season imo.

Wolski is integral.
Matthias doesn't produce but he always brings good energy when I see him...I wouldn't mind him on a checking line

Old
04-17-2012, 03:07 AM
Gudbranson44

Come on now panthers!!! Do this! Bring over the momentum we had in game two to these away games!! Dont get intimidated now on away ice, we are the road warriors!!!
oh, and LETS GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-17-2012, 05:37 AM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
Would be huge to take their first home game from them (as they did to us). Obviously, we need a split at the very least. I'm sure the guys know that.

Old
04-17-2012, 05:45 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
will u be local gametime? If so local watch party at Duffy's
You'd think they would have watch parties at a couple locations with the way the fans are spread out. I live in Palm Beach and no way am I driving to Plantation to sit in a bar. But I'd head out to one of the Palm Beach Duffys to watch.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:21 AM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

Another late night, let's hope it's going to be worth it

Old
04-17-2012, 06:43 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

I just have that gut feeling tonight may get ugly. Something in the likes of being outshot like 38-16, Devils get 5 or 6 PPs, we get 1 or 2, and lose like 6-1. Hopefully they can surprise us with a big time road playoff game. Now that they have their first playoff win, the weight is off their back. A quick, early goal would be huge, but I dont expect much tonight. LETS GO CATS!!!!

Old
04-17-2012, 06:48 AM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

At what point do we see Gudbranson and Clarkson dance?

Old
04-17-2012, 07:03 AM
FinallyWeissIsGone
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to FinallyWeissIsGone
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbanana View Post
I'm locked out of the app market right now bec google shut down my acct that was linked to it. (For no reason, by the way). And since I'm busy at work 100% of the tine, I can't load pages etc... but a text will flash across the screen.
Dude, I'll text you live updates. Pm me your number.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post

Wolski is integral.
If it interesting to see what the players ice time has been during the series so far. Matthias is bottom of the team with 9:52 per game and Wolski is only one place above him with 10:24 a game. The difference is because Wolski has been getting some time on the PP.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Beezeral

i think I already stirred the pot on the main GDT, called them out for being lazy and all the little devils fans are already up in arms

Old
04-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
You don't even need the twitter app or a smart phone. You can go on twitters website and set up your account so all the tweets get sent as txt messages to your phone.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
You serious?

Closed Thread