HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

G Zach Fucale - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2013, 36th overall, Montreal)

Old
04-14-2012, 02:29 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Eliteprospects has him listed at 5'11. Is this correct and if so do you think that could effect his draft position? Teams seem to love those big goalies now-a-days.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Grigo25*

Fuc-me! What a goalie!

Grigo25* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 02:54 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbadub View Post
The only similarity to Carey Price he has is that he lets in some seriously soft goals. He was great the past two games, but each first goal against him was soft as margarine. Needs to tighten up his 5 hole. I can maaaaaaaaaybe see him getting drafted in the first round if Halifax advances this series, and does well next year as well, but I'm thinking more of a second round risk pick.
\

lol maybe? I am glad your not a scout for my team, be some horrible goalie drafts, every NHL scout i know is drooling over this kid...top 10 pick, im not sure if those soft goals you call soft are always as soft as you think i have never seen him consistantly let in a soft one, the kid is one of the best I have seen in the QMJHL.....how good do u think a goalie has to be? 17 shutouts in the year? how good do u think luongo, giguere and fleury were in the qmjhl...actually Giguere let in one quick bad goal every game for the mooseheads then tightened his game up after that.....this being said, I am pretty sure you just want to start people changnig the thread the more I type because no one would make that assumption of the kid and be serious...but how a player gets drafted has no bearing how his team is by the way it is what the player does and he does nothing but give them the chance to win games.

Last edited by scoutman1: 04-14-2012 at 03:10 PM.
scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 02:57 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Eliteprospects has him listed at 5'11. Is this correct and if so do you think that could effect his draft position? Teams seem to love those big goalies now-a-days.
he is 6'00 and a half...probably be 6'01 come his draft.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
He was 6'00" at Mooseheads camp and he's still 16

Didn't see scoutman's response until after I posted

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 03:54 PM
MooseheadCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
\

lol maybe? I am glad your not a scout for my team, be some horrible goalie drafts, every NHL scout i know is drooling over this kid...top 10 pick, im not sure if those soft goals you call soft are always as soft as you think i have never seen him consistantly let in a soft one, the kid is one of the best I have seen in the QMJHL.....how good do u think a goalie has to be? 17 shutouts in the year? how good do u think luongo, giguere and fleury were in the qmjhl...actually Giguere let in one quick bad goal every game for the mooseheads then tightened his game up after that.....this being said, I am pretty sure you just want to start people changnig the thread the more I type because no one would make that assumption of the kid and be serious...but how a player gets drafted has no bearing how his team is by the way it is what the player does and he does nothing but give them the chance to win games.
Spot on, Fucale is a huge breath of fresh air to the Quebec goalie prospects. He made a clutch acrobatic save near the end of a one goal game last night against the Remparts to preserve the win and keep their season going. I would be very surprised if Zach doesn't go in the first round next year, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he went in the top 10.

MooseheadCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 05:01 PM
RJQuack

It's unreal to think MacKinnon could be the second best rookie on the Moose thanks to Fucs lol.

He's composed well beyond his age, and looks like a caln veteran of the league.. Most of the time. These last three games here he's been SOLID, and kept us in it with his calm-cool-"collectiveness".

Moose haven't had a goalie like this since........ Gigggy!? Lol, futures bright!

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 05:17 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
I
Cam Russell is starting to look like a genius.
You can say that again. Made some brilliant moves this offseason and needs to make a few more a run next year. But I'm confident he'll get that done

Old
04-15-2012, 02:01 PM
NovaScotia Habsfan31

I met his father the other night and he has to be at least 6'3" so Zach has the time to grow before next year's draft and he has the genetics as well.

Halak is listed at 6'0" and Fucale has to be as tall if not taller than Halak right now.

NovaScotia Habsfan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaScotia Habsfan31 View Post
I met his father the other night and he has to be at least 6'3" so Zach has the time to grow before next year's draft and he has the genetics as well.

Halak is listed at 6'0" and Fucale has to be as tall if not taller than Halak right now.
This is the only real concern I have with him. He lacks the elite size you look for in an NHL goalie. That being said, I think he can settle into the 6'1-6'2 range, like Fleury, Lundqvist, Quick, Kiprusoff etc. He definitely doesn't look short in the net, and I'd be surprised if he was any less than 6'0 now (CHL sites are always off).

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Another big night for Fucale and the Moose. Forcing a game 7, I'd love to see Halifax take out Saint John to get to the Mem Cup.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
Another big night for Fucale and the Moose. Forcing a game 7, I'd love to see Halifax take out Saint John to get to the Mem Cup.
That would be nice, however I can't see anyone touching the Sea Dogs this season.

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnman10 View Post
That would be nice, however I can't see anyone touching the Sea Dogs this season.
A lot of people said that about Pittsburgh in the NHL this season and they're down 3-0 in round 1

Old
04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
LateNightOilerFan

Quote:

Was following the QMJHL game progress, does anyone know why Zach didn't finish the game? Hope he didn't get hurt. Daigle played 3:26 and gave up the second goal.

LateNightOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Just pulled him so he wouldn't get ran or hurt accidentally.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:19 PM
gfraser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNightOilerFan View Post

Was following the QMJHL game progress, does anyone know why Zach didn't finish the game? Hope he didn't get hurt. Daigle played 3:26 and gave up the second goal.
I heard that Roy and company were starting to goon it up a little in the third. Ducharme just didnt want to take any chances on fucale getting hurt in a game they already had in the bag.

gfraser11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:19 PM
LateNightOilerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Just pulled him so he wouldn't get ran or hurt accidentally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfraser11 View Post
I heard that Roy and company were starting to goon it up a little in the third. Ducharme just didnt want to take any chances on fucale getting hurt in a game they already had in the bag.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear (that it was precautionary).

Go Moose!

LateNightOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:10 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
A lot of people said that about Pittsburgh in the NHL this season and they're down 3-0 in round 1
Lol, true... But everyone knows upsets don't happen nearly as often in the Q compared to the NHL. The first round in the NHL has 16 teams that could take it. The Q has 8, because most will run away with it (7 sweeps in Rd.1 this year)... Of course the Drakkar get an exception, but it's not quite as often.

Fucale with another strong performance. Too bad he coudn't complete the game, but Quebec decided to continue their cowardly greasy hockey that they like to play in the last 5 minutes when they've lost the game :

Go Moose Go!!

Old
04-17-2012, 09:28 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
As a Mooseheads fan, he is a really good goalie. He does lack focus and concentration (like most young goalies) which results in him letting in some bad goals. He also has troubles fielding those bouncing dump-ins on net.

His rebound control needs some work, he does leave some shots in the crease, but at 16? You take that as an area that can be improved.

I see him as a 2nd round goaltender next year. It depends on his progression from this year to next. Being 16 years old and backstopping the Mooseheads to a game 7 after being down 3-0 is really impressive.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:56 AM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
As a Mooseheads fan, he is a really good goalie. He does lack focus and concentration (like most young goalies) which results in him letting in some bad goals. He also has troubles fielding those bouncing dump-ins on net.

His rebound control needs some work, he does leave some shots in the crease, but at 16? You take that as an area that can be improved.

I see him as a 2nd round goaltender next year. It depends on his progression from this year to next. Being 16 years old and backstopping the Mooseheads to a game 7 after being down 3-0 is really impressive.
focus and concentration???????? that is his biggest asset and allows him to play beyond his years???? again wow i know it is your opinion but wow not sure how good you think a 16 year old goalie has to be before he is considrered a 1st round potential but I can say he is beyond Fleury at the same age and on par with Luongo was, so unless your looking for superman to come down and put on pads and mits your not going to find as much a for sure bet to be a 1st rounder than Fucale and by the way your assessment of him is totally wrong, really? concentration, weak goals and focus and bad rebound controll???? are you sure your not from Quebec city and living in Halifax?

Old
04-17-2012, 10:14 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Lol, true... But everyone knows upsets don't happen nearly as often in the Q compared to the NHL. The first round in the NHL has 16 teams that could take it. The Q has 8, because most will run away with it (7 sweeps in Rd.1 this year)... Of course the Drakkar get an exception, but it's not quite as often.
Fucale with another strong performance. Too bad he coudn't complete the game, but Quebec decided to continue their cowardly greasy hockey that they like to play in the last 5 minutes when they've lost the game :

Go Moose Go!!

Depends if the sags wins tonight... that'd be 2

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:53 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
focus and concentration???????? that is his biggest asset and allows him to play beyond his years???? again wow i know it is your opinion but wow not sure how good you think a 16 year old goalie has to be before he is considrered a 1st round potential but I can say he is beyond Fleury at the same age and on par with Luongo was, so unless your looking for superman to come down and put on pads and mits your not going to find as much a for sure bet to be a 1st rounder than Fucale and by the way your assessment of him is totally wrong, really? concentration, weak goals and focus and bad rebound controll???? are you sure your not from Quebec city and living in Halifax?
I just watched him in the last two games in Halifax. When the game is on the line, yes, he's focused, concentrated and makes the big save when needed. But most of the goals scored on him while I was there, were errors in focus, concentration or rebound control. Quebec made it a point to send dump-ins on net because he was having trouble controlling them and smothering them. The goals, for the most part, were saveable shots from bad angles in quiet areas where you could tell he wasn't zeroed in on the play.

And let me reiterate. Focus and concentration is a trouble area for most young goaltenders. Hell, Price is still struggling with it in the NHL.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:06 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I just watched him in the last two games in Halifax. When the game is on the line, yes, he's focused, concentrated and makes the big save when needed. But most of the goals scored on him while I was there, were errors in focus, concentration or rebound control. Quebec made it a point to send dump-ins on net because he was having trouble controlling them and smothering them. The goals, for the most part, were saveable shots from bad angles in quiet areas where you could tell he wasn't zeroed in on the play.

And let me reiterate. Focus and concentration is a trouble area for most young goaltenders. Hell, Price is still struggling with it in the NHL.
I disagree, he is focused a lot on the play...like any goalie sometimes you might think something different and let in a bad goal....Price always has moments of brainfarts...plus Roy's game plan is to just get the puck on the net, dump it into the net, when in trouble send it to the net.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Qubax

Looks like he won game 7 in OT....

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:46 PM
bsmith14

I would love for the Oilers to snag him with their first next year. Sounds clutch

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote