HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Sens - Game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 11:19 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Let's get the good out of the way:

I'm thrilled we won the game, an away game nonetheless, and Boyle is playing the best hockey I have ever seen for him. He's been a force. Lundqvist was fantastic as well. Kreider looked good, but I really thought his knack for standing around was more of a being bored with college thing, he did it a number of times tonight.

Alright....

Paul MacClean's post game was a hell of a lot more accurate then Tortorellas. Ottawa is playing way over their heads, the way teams are supposed to in the playoffs. The Rangers quite frankly look a huge pile of ****. I'm still upset at how ****ing bad they've been to start the post-season. Not sure our wingers and defenseman could be any worse at getting the puck out of the zone. It's pathetic, and most of our forwards have simply not shown up yet. I expected Dubinsky to come out with a fire lit under his ass, and aside from a few good shifts he was awful. Stepan doesn't look like he belongs in the AHL, let alone the NHL.

If I were Tortorella I would be happy we won, but this team isn't close to where it needs to be. Their piss poor play has carried over from the end of the season.

PoTG: Hank

Good: Boyle was spectacular, Prust was flying. Kreider had a good first NHL given the circumstances. Richards created a lot of opportunities, but he too could be better.

Bad: When all 5 Rangers collapse around the net it masks a lot of problems. Stralman made some nice plays, and Bickel saved a goal, but none of those plays should happen in the first place. The defense was bad tonight, Lundqvist was that ****ing good.

Redden: Callahan couldn't do anything right out there. Fumble every single pass except for the breakaway, where he got nothing on the shot. It was just a bad bad game by him.

If this team could play with the energy Ottawa has had the last 2 games, they'd be crushing this series, because they're a hell of a lot more talented then Ottawa.
I'm not sure offensively that the Rangers are really that much more talented than Ottawa. Our only really talented guys are MDZ from the back end, Richards, and Gaborik. Callahan is more of a guy that gets hard working goals than a talented player. Stepan is talented but is playing horribly.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Sens fan here in peace

Most Sens fans are flipping their **** about how poorly Spezza is playing but what they don't seem to get is that he has to go against McDonagh and Girardi basically every shift. I knew these 2 were good, but WOW!!!!!!!!!! Especially McD. The kid made a huge fan outa me tonight! What they've done against Spezza and Michalek is masterful.

I said before the series it would come down to the foot soldiers and Brian Boyle is looking like a boss right now.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:20 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
You mean weeks?
Well this year it was Month and the beginning of April (outside of a few games, most notably the Flyers game). Other years he'd take 2 random months off.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Sens fan here in peace

Most Sens fans are flipping their **** about how poorly Spezza is playing but what they don't seem to get is that he has to go against McDonagh and Girardi basically every shift. I knew these 2 were good, but WOW!!!!!!!!!! Especially McD. The kid made a huge fan outa me tonight! What they've done against Spezza and Michalek is masterful.

I said before the series it would come down to the foot soldiers and Brian Boyle is looking like a boss right now.
Don't forget about Hank

He said GTFO to your team tonight.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Well they are winning 2-1 and only lost the second because of 2 fluky goals. I don't know what else you want from them. This team has gotten out played plenty this season and still found ways to win.
I know how every team can win every game in this league, and I love it.

But the Rangers finished 17 points ahead of Ottawa in the standings. I didn't expect a cakewalk, but the Rangers are struggling immensely.

The vibe on here would be a lot more negative if we lost. And people would chomping at the bit to call out this teams play thus far.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:23 PM
useref15

Quote:
Sens fan here in peace

Yeah, no kidding. About 90% of your PGT posts include people complaining how Spezza is playing. I think only a few people mentioned our defense. Ryan McDonagh is simply amazing, and has been shutting people down the entire year.

EDIT: and reading the Ottawa board, they seem to think they played a lot better the majority of the game and they are looking like the 1 seed. I just don't see it.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Don't forget about Hank

He said GTFO to your team tonight.
I figured i didn't even need to mention 'he who shall not be named'

He's gonna haunt many Sens fans dreams tonight.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
steps with 12 mins? yikes
That was generous. Terrible in every facet of the game tonight. Didn't win any battles, couldn't skate, didn't move the puck, liability defensively.

One of the worst games I have ever seen from him.

When he is playing bad, he usually isn't bad defensively. But this game he was constantly getting caught out of position.

I'm not ready to give up on him, but he needs work his tail off in the offseason.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

LOL according to the CBC announcers, it was a "fluky bounce off the back of the net" which ended up on Boyle's stick.

Yea, it's not like Girardi purposely shot it off the boards or anything...

Old
04-16-2012, 11:25 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I know how every team can win every game in this league, and I love it.

But the Rangers finished 17 points ahead of Ottawa in the standings. I didn't expect a cakewalk, but the Rangers are struggling immensely.

The vibe on here would be a lot more negative if we lost. And people would chomping at the bit to call out this teams play thus far.
The Rangers got many points that made up those 17 by winning exactly how they won tonight. There's a reason Hank was neck and neck in the Hart race before March hit.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:26 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
I mean the dude did basically create the only goal of the game by winning the puck behind the net and sending it back to Girardi, I'll take it.
Yeah but one play does not make a game to me.

A lot of games this year Richards didn't make a single good play and he ended up with a couple secondary assists and everyone thought he was great. On the other end of the spectrum, Callahan and Del Zotto have had games where they didn't make any outstanding plays, but were still great, and got no positive attention.

Callahan made a number of reckless plays and he looked nervous. Obviously it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and he dominated Game 1.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Yeah, no kidding. About 90% of your PGT posts include people complaining how Spezza is playing. I think only a few people mentioned our defense. Ryan McDonagh is simply amazing, and has been shutting people down the entire year.

EDIT: and reading the Ottawa board, they seem to think they played a lot better the majority of the game and they are looking like the 1 seed. I just don't see it.
We actually have a really smart fanbase, but after a loss most of our fans go 'Maple Leaf' and are ready to jump off the ledge rather than think logically that maybe their was a reason we lost.

McD and Girardi are fantastic. Remind me of a better version of Phillips/Volchenkov from back in the 06/07 season. Just as good defensively but much better puck movement. You're lucky to have 'em! I'm jealous!

Great game BTW!! I'm not even angry. The Sens came out hard. I only get mad when they don't seem to even try.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Fluke goal as in the one that got them on the scoreboard in Game 2 where it bounced off of DZ's skate? Or the second goal came off of a blocked shot that landed in the slot to tie it?

Old
04-16-2012, 11:27 PM
TankLarkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
BTW, these playoffs and this game in particular is why on get on Lundqvist. If doesn't have those months like March and April this year, with the team that the Rangers now have he can easily be one of the best ever. Maybe he doesn't have the skill of Hasek but I don't see why he can't be Roy (maybe won't get 4 rings). It's just went he sleep walks for months at a time it's infuriating because he can play so much better.
how many games did Richter have to steal in 94...

Old
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Sens fan here in peace

Respect! McD has been one of the best backcheckers in the league he always seems to come up with some clutch pokes.. in the last minute 6v5 he had 2 awesome blocks in a 30 second span.. cant say enough about this kid

Old
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

I'm not entirely sure what certain people expect. The parity in the league is so great right now that there are no easy matchups.

We were outplayed for parts of the game and outplayed our opponent for a little bit less of the game. Sounds exactly like playoff hockey on the road. Their building was rocking and home ice allowed them to get their matchups and take advantage of our weaker faceoff men. This is exactly the kind of game this team is built for.

In no way did I think this team played a bad game tonight. Opponent playing us well? Yes. Bad game? No. I swear some people think that if we don't dominate the game offensively for 50 minutes, we played a bad game. We dominated the game offensively for 15 minutes and defensively for 60 minutes. During that 15 is when we scored our goal. Yes, the Senators got some chances. You aren't smothering the life out of opponents on the road in the playoffs. Spezza, Michalek, Karlsson got shut down tonight and we are more than capable of handling what their secondary players are throwing at us.

We found a way to win. It's really like certain people didn't watch us at all this year.

/rant.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
I figured i didn't even need to mention 'he who shall not be named'

He's gonna haunt many Sens fans dreams tonight.
Same boat man. Still recovering from Del Zotto in Game 2.

Old
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The Rangers got many points that made up those 17 by winning exactly how they won tonight. There's a reason Hank was neck and neck in the Hart race before March hit.
I know that, and just like this game, I'm not happy with the product on the ice in those games.

It's whatever, we won and I'm thrilled. I just want the Rangers to lighten the grip on their sticks a bit and start playing like Boyle.

Old
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
We actually have a really smart fanbase, but after a loss most of our fans go 'Maple Leaf' and are ready to jump off the ledge rather than think logically that maybe their was a reason we lost.

McD and Girardi are fantastic. Remind me of a better version of Phillips/Volchenkov from back in the 06/07 season. Just as good defensively but much better puck movement. You're lucky to have 'em! I'm jealous!

Great game BTW!! I'm not even angry. The Sens came out hard. I only get mad when they don't seem to even try.
Thanks for the classy posts. Good game.

04-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

I thought Kreider looked pretty good tonight too considering it was his 1st NHL game. If he's ever able to get his hands to catch up to his legs, watch out!!!! He's like a bull on skates.

Old
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
LOL according to the CBC announcers, it was a "fluky bounce off the back of the net" which ended up on Boyle's stick.

Yea, it's not like Girardi purposely shot it off the boards or anything...
And it's not like their game-tying goal in game two wasn't a fluke or anything.

ed bruin

how did my boy Chris Kreider look out there today?

Old
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
And it's not like their game-tying goal in game two wasn't a fluke or anything.
I mean the first goal.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankLarkin View Post
how many games did Richter have to steal in 94...
Pretty much none. He had to make key saves, but he didn't carry that team.

This is why we aren't a cup team yet. We have to become a scarier offensive team that can possess the puck. There is going to be significant movement in the offseason.

I think this year is to gauge what those pieces are. Doesn't mean we can't get to the ECF however.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Thanks for the classy posts. Good game.
Likewise. Hopefully the nastiness was left in game 2 and we can have a couple more great games like this one.

Closed Thread