HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Sens - Game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
js10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Tense, but this is how the Rangers play.

Lundqvist had some amazing saves, but the game wasn't as dominant in the Senators favor as some of the stats would seem to indicate. I certainly wouldn't term this Lundqvist standing on his head.
Those stats were cooked. After first period I was counting 3 in first 5 min and officials had only one. I stopped after that, they were biased towards Sens. I am fine with that, they have shots we have a win.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:33 PM
McDunna with Fries

The most beautiful thing about this team is that there are no flashy superstars or shiny highlight reels. It's the consummate team effort where we bang, grind, and fight through every single win like it's an elimination game. That's the true beauty of this team and that's the reason why no one has us as favorites to win the Cup this year and many had us as an upset special against the Sens.

When you follow this team, you feel like you are watching each chapter of an unbelievable story unfold. The team loves each other, has awesome teammate/lockerroom chemistry, and would run through walls for each other and their coach. They have all the intangible qualities that make them a winning team in the ultimate team sport while they lack all the tangible qualities that would make them a popular playoff prediction pick. I feel like I'm rooting for the most underrated #1 seed of all time and I love it.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Likewise. Hopefully the nastiness was left in game 2 and we can have a couple more great games like this one.
Guarantee that won't happen. Carkner is going to be played next game. They will try to recreate what they did in game 2 and throw the Rangers off their game.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:35 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Yeah, no kidding. About 90% of your PGT posts include people complaining how Spezza is playing. I think only a few people mentioned our defense. Ryan McDonagh is simply amazing, and has been shutting people down the entire year.

EDIT: and reading the Ottawa board, they seem to think they played a lot better the majority of the game and they are looking like the 1 seed. I just don't see it.
We can lose this series but if we win this series by winning two more games exactly like they did tonight, I won't give two ***** if the Senators looked like -100 seed. Enough top seeded team lose in the first round. You don't have to look too far either. Vancouver the Presidents' trophy winner is down 3-0 to the Kings and will probably lose their series. Last year the Presidents' trophy winning Canucks who made it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, looked like **** after they took a 3-0 series lead against the Hawks and had to beat the Hawks in OT. The Bruins went down 2-0 at home and had to beat the Habs in OT in game 7 and oh btw won the cup.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:36 PM
js10

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Hank was in straight #godmode. Absolutely brilliant. Boyle continues to do incredible things. I was happy with the offensive zone pressure with Kreider on the top line.

More importantly we stole this game from them so we need to get the hell out of that building before Shanahan or Bettman change their minds.
We did not steal anything. If gaborik, kreider, calahan scored, it could be 4:0

Old
04-16-2012, 10:37 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Sens fan here in peace

Most Sens fans are flipping their **** about how poorly Spezza is playing but what they don't seem to get is that he has to go against McDonagh and Girardi basically every shift. I knew these 2 were good, but WOW!!!!!!!!!! Especially McD. The kid made a huge fan outa me tonight! What they've done against Spezza and Michalek is masterful.

I said before the series it would come down to the foot soldiers and Brian Boyle is looking like a boss right now.
This guy gets it.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:38 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
That was generous. Terrible in every facet of the game tonight. Didn't win any battles, couldn't skate, didn't move the puck, liability defensively.

One of the worst games I have ever seen from him.

When he is playing bad, he usually isn't bad defensively. But this game he was constantly getting caught out of position.

I'm not ready to give up on him, but he needs work his tail off in the offseason.
i didn't watch the game, but sad yo read this. He's got too much character not to put the effort in to fix this.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
The most beautiful thing about this team is that there are no flashy superstars or shiny highlight reels. It's the consummate team effort where we bang, grind, and fight through every single win like it's an elimination game. That's the true beauty of this team and that's the reason why no one has us as favorites to win the Cup this year and many had us as an upset special against the Sens.

When you follow this team, you feel like you are watching each chapter of an unbelievable story unfold. The team loves each other, has awesome teammate/lockerroom chemistry, and would run through walls for each other and their coach. They have all the intangible qualities that make them a winning team in the ultimate team sport while they lack all the tangible qualities that would make them a popular playoff prediction pick. I feel like I'm rooting for the most underrated #1 seed of all time and I love it.
Honestly I think its one of the most frustrating things about this team. We have a TON of character and they are not a hard team to root for.

But the hard hats will only take us so far. Eventually you need consistent skill and offensive cohesion team wide. Just like you can't have a team of just super stars, you can't be overwhelmed with character/role player guys. Its gotta be a balance. I don't think they have quite found it yet.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Likewise. Hopefully the nastiness was left in game 2 and we can have a couple more great games like this one.
Agreed all around. Game 2 brought out the worst in me and I regret posting in anger. We got two likable teams here. We don't need another Pitt/Phi series.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:39 PM
MorrisWanchuk

#foundawaytowin

#therightway

Old
04-16-2012, 10:40 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
LOL according to the CBC announcers, it was a "fluky bounce off the back of the net" which ended up on Boyle's stick.

Yea, it's not like Girardi purposely shot it off the boards or anything...
They're both right. The bounce off the net was a bit of a fluke, but as Boyle mentioned in the post-game interview, the goal was a total team effort. It started with Dubinsky hustling to get the puck in the zone. Callahan's board work behind the net won possession and got the puck out to Girardi. Girardi's awareness and heads up play led to the bank-pass. The puck took a fortunate richochet off the net, and found Boyle, who was right where he was supposed to be to take advantage of those kinds of things.

So yeah--the puck took a fortunate bounce, but the only reason the puck was in a position to make that bounce, and the only reason a goal was scored off of that bounce, is that four players ALL did their jobs #therightway.

Old
TankLarkin

Quote:
Pretty much none. He had to make key saves, but he didn't carry that team.

This is why we aren't a cup team yet. We have to become a scarier offensive team that can possess the puck. There is going to be significant movement in the offseason.

I think this year is to gauge what those pieces are. Doesn't mean we can't get to the ECF however.
agree 100%, but this team built differently. hoping for deep run.

Old
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Guarantee that won't happen. Carkner is going to be played next game. They will try to recreate what they did in game 2 and throw the Rangers off their game.
I honestly don't know if he will.

Carks doesn't play much and this game didn't give us any reason to play Carks. Gilroy sucks, but at least he doesn't handle the puck like a live grenade. If this game got nasty, I'd say Carks would play. But my gut feeling is Gilroy is going to play again because we need goals and Carkner isn't gonna provide that. We have enough guys who can fight if need be.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
i didn't watch the game, but sad yo read this. He's got too much character not to put the effort in to fix this.
I don't think its mental mistakes either or effort. I think he has very poor athleticism that he needs to take initiative to improve.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
I honestly don't know if he will.

Carks doesn't play much and this game didn't give us any reason to play Carks. Gilroy sucks, but at least he doesn't handle the puck like a live grenade. If this game got nasty, I'd say Carks would play. But my gut feeling is Gilroy is going to play again because we need goals and Carkner isn't gonna provide that. We have enough guys who can fight if need be.
We will know in a couple of days..

Old
04-16-2012, 10:45 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
And it's not like their game-tying goal in game two wasn't a fluke or anything.
That may have been one voice heard, but overall, I thought they showed that they were impressed by Boyle's play on that goal.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:47 PM
trilobyte

Why do people not think that the NHL warned both teams to stop the crap (even though it was Ottawa that brought that crap in game 2).

You think it is just an accident that tonight's game was clean?

So glad I trusted my gut and didn't want to see Scott play. So glad that common sense ruled.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:47 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
We will know in a couple of days..
After a 1-0 loss the way I look at it Gilroy is 1000x better at creating offence then Carkner. I'm not the Paulrus, but if I were I'd play Gilroy or dress one of our black aces (AHL practise squad).

Its basically pick your poison,

Gilroy, decent offence but soft as charmin toilet paper.

or

Carkner, tough as nails, but could only score on a soccer net.

edit: Sry to post so much, the Sens forum is pretty emo right now and want Spezza's head. He's my fav player and I dont wanna fight with my fellow Sens fans haha.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
After a 1-0 loss the way I look at it Gilroy is 1000x better at creating offence then Carkner. I'm not the Paulrus, but if I were I'd play Gilroy or dress one of our black aces (AHL practise squad).

Its basically pick your poison,

Gilroy, decent offence but soft as charmin toilet paper.

or

Carkner, tough as nails, but could only score on a soccer net.

edit: Sry to post so much, the Sens forum is pretty emo right now and want Spezza's head. He's my fav player and I dont wanna fight with my fellow Sens fans haha.
Don't worry man, you're welcome here. You're just about the only Sens fan we have tolerated and probably will tolerate. You bring good discussion. Stick around however long you want.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:50 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Why do people not think that the NHL warned both teams to stop the crap (even though it was Ottawa that brought that crap in game 2).

You think it is just an accident that tonight's game was clean?
I think both teams were ready to get dirty, but neither team wanted to be the one to start it. Shanaban is watching closely now and no one wants to be out for any games. I think the shenanigans are over for the most part in this series. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few more fights, but I don't think we'll see another Carkner or Hagelin situation.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
I think both teams were ready to get dirty, but neither team wanted to be the one to start it. Shanaban is watching closely now and no one wants to be out for any games. I think the shenanigans are over for the most part in this series. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few more fights, but I don't think we'll see another Carkner or Hagelin situation.
Shanahanigans?

Old
04-16-2012, 10:51 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Don't worry man, you're welcome here. You're just about the only Sens fan we have tolerated and probably will tolerate. You bring good discussion. Stick around however long you want.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm a hockey fan first, Sens fan second. Being completely biased is ok, but being unbiased is what the cool kids are doing!!

Old
04-16-2012, 10:55 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
I said the same thing here a couple of days ago, though nobody here acknowledged my prescience and high-fived me on my forethought.
Maybe because I am Canadian?

Old
04-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I'm not entirely sure what certain people expect. The parity in the league is so great right now that there are no easy matchups.

We were outplayed for parts of the game and outplayed our opponent for a little bit less of the game. Sounds exactly like playoff hockey on the road. Their building was rocking and home ice allowed them to get their matchups and take advantage of our weaker faceoff men. This is exactly the kind of game this team is built for.

In no way did I think this team played a bad game tonight. Opponent playing us well? Yes. Bad game? No. I swear some people think that if we don't dominate the game offensively for 50 minutes, we played a bad game. We dominated the game offensively for 15 minutes and defensively for 60 minutes. During that 15 is when we scored our goal. Yes, the Senators got some chances. You aren't smothering the life out of opponents on the road in the playoffs. Spezza, Michalek, Karlsson got shut down tonight and we are more than capable of handling what their secondary players are throwing at us.

We found a way to win. It's really like certain people didn't watch us at all this year.

/rant.
Well said, my friend. Very well said.

I also think we're going to be a much better team in game 2. Our confidence was shaken a bit with the OT loss on Saturday night. We took it back tonight in a big way with the shutout. Our defense was great and for the most part, our neutral zone decisiveness was very good. We can still be much better, and I think we'll see our best game so far in game 4.

Henke is back on top of his game and Kreider has his first game jitters out of the way.

Can't wait. Let's go back to MSG with a chance to go to the second round!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Old
04-16-2012, 10:57 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I said the same thing here a couple of days ago, though nobody here acknowledged my prescience and high-fived me on my forethought.
Maybe because I am Canadian?
I'm Canadian too EHH!

Closed Thread