HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Luongo Thread - Part V

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2012, 12:22 PM
  #101
Tuna99
Registered User
 
Tuna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,298
vCash: 500
If Lou can't get you through the 1st round of the playoffs - then I think it's time to end it.

TB: Luongo
Tor: Ryan Malone, 2nd round pick

Luongo's contract maks him really hard to trade, might only be 1-2 teams in the league who will be interested and were Lou would agree to go.

Tuna99 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 12:38 PM
  #102
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
If Lou can't get you through the 1st round of the playoffs - then I think it's time to end it.

TB: Luongo
Tor: Ryan Malone, 2nd round pick

Luongo's contract maks him really hard to trade, might only be 1-2 teams in the league who will be interested and were Lou would agree to go.
Luongo's contract is a bargain.

Canucker is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
  #103
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Luongo's contract maks him really hard to trade, might only be 1-2 teams in the league who will be interested and were Lou would agree to go.
He's a $5M cap hit, with the nasty over-paid years in the rear view mirror.

I doubt we'd have much trouble at all moving him for quite a nice return, as he can easily be the difference between a bubble team making the playoffs, or not.

 
Old
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
  #104
digger18
Registered User
 
digger18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williams Lake B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
If Im Gillis I promise Schnieder the starting job in an attempt to re-sign him. Bench Luongo, untill he demands a trade. If nobody takes him, call up Lack and send bellyflop to the Wolves.

digger18 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 12:50 PM
  #105
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
If Im Gillis I promise Schnieder the starting job in an attempt to re-sign him. Bench Luongo, untill he demands a trade. If nobody takes him, call up Lack and send bellyflop to the Wolves.
Am I missing something Luongo has been great all year and this series has proved he isn't the problem.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
  #106
VanEric
Registered User
 
VanEric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,344
vCash: 500
Luongo to the Penguins.

VanEric is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:08 PM
  #107
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
If Im Gillis I promise Schnieder the starting job in an attempt to re-sign him. Bench Luongo, untill he demands a trade. If nobody takes him, call up Lack and send bellyflop to the Wolves.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:32 PM
  #108
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,387
vCash: 500
How ironic. All year bandwagoner fans were claiming Luongo was the problem with this team, when the real issue wasn't even the goaltending. Not even close. Always the easiest target to pick on...

vanuck is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:35 PM
  #109
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
How ironic. All year bandwagoner fans were claiming Luongo was the problem with this team, when the real issue wasn't even the goaltending. Not even close. Always the easiest target to pick on...
Exactly!

All year I said I'm not confident in our offense going into the playoffs. All year I've said I don't think the Sedins and Kesler can take us to a Cup. All year I heard about how Luongo was the problem.
I hate to say I told ya so because it means we are out but, to the haters, I told ya so.

Now can we avoid blaming the goalies and actually address the real problem?

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:36 PM
  #110
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Exactly!

All year I said I'm not confident in our offense going into the playoffs. All year I've said I don't think the Sedins and Kesler can take us to a Cup. All year I heard about how Luongo was the problem.
I hate to say I told ya so because it means we are out but, to the haters, I told ya so.

Now can we avoid blaming the goalies and actually address the real problem?
We're going to use one of those goalies to help solve the problem.

Canucker is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:40 PM
  #111
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
We're going to use one of those goalies to help solve the problem.
Some people advocate trading Luongo for Malone and a 2nd round pick. That's not going to solve the problem at all.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:40 PM
  #112
Hal 9000*
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
We're going to use one of those goalies to help solve the problem.
We should have used Schneider to correct that problem this year, but everybody was freaked out about the "meltdowns" and Gillis obviously bought into it.

Hal 9000* is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:49 PM
  #113
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Some people advocate trading Luongo for Malone and a 2nd round pick. That's not going to solve the problem at all.
I would never advocate for that kind of stupidity...nor would Gillis.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post
We should have used Schneider to correct that problem this year, but everybody was freaked out about the "meltdowns" and Gillis obviously bought into it.
We don't know that he didn't explore the idea, but keeping both was the safe choice and not knowing what we could have gotten, I'm not going to hold it against him. It wasn't just about Luongo "meltdowns", it was insurance against injury as well.

Canucker is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 09:47 PM
  #114
theripper
Registered User
 
theripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
i find it humurous that people bashing luongo last year during the nashville series for allowing those goals behind the goal line. they've gotten a few of those on howard so far in detroit.

theripper is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 10:54 PM
  #115
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
If Lou can't get you through the 1st round of the playoffs - then I think it's time to end it.

TB: Luongo
Tor: Ryan Malone, 2nd round pick

Luongo's contract maks him really hard to trade, might only be 1-2 teams in the league who will be interested and were Lou would agree to go.

Malone's contract is one of the few that could be worse..... absolutely terrible proposal

ForzaZuffa is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 11:07 PM
  #116
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
According to Luongo hater standards, Schneider cost us game 3 with a bad goal off a bad rebound, and he's let us down so far in game 4 with a bad goal that was not deflected and unscreened.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 11:20 PM
  #117
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada/Africa
Posts: 3,444
vCash: 500
good discussion about Lou at the Leaf boards...one of the more intelligent posters suggested Liles as the centrepiece of a deal for Lou. Thoughts?

Durkin67 is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 11:35 PM
  #118
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
...suggested Liles as the centrepiece of a deal for Lou. Thoughts?
Who for Lou?

 
Old
04-18-2012, 11:49 PM
  #119
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
good discussion about Lou at the Leaf boards...one of the more intelligent posters suggested Liles as the centrepiece of a deal for Lou. Thoughts?


That's really bad.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 01:23 AM
  #120
Lindt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
According to Luongo hater standards, Schneider cost us game 3 with a bad goal off a bad rebound, and he's let us down so far in game 4 with a bad goal that was not deflected and unscreened.
Perhaps to Luongo haters, but to anyone with objectivity they would see that Kopitar sniped a perfect shot point blank. Just like almost nobody faulted Luongo for the loss in Game 1 (in fact he was pretty unanimously praised). To the objective viewer, Schneider has been phenomenal all year and both playoff games and certainly gives us the best chance to win right now.

Lindt is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 01:26 AM
  #121
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,387
vCash: 500
Wonder who starts now in Game 5? Schneider?

vanuck is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 01:27 AM
  #122
DennisReynolds
the implication
 
DennisReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Wonder who starts now in Game 5? Schneider?
Yup.

If the Leafs give up their 1st and Schenn for Luongo, I'd be the happiest man in the world.

DennisReynolds is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 01:29 AM
  #123
Carl Carlson
Registered User
 
Carl Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Wonder who starts now in Game 5? Schneider?
Schneider is the goalie unless he is injured or they get to round 2 and he has a rough game 1 and 2.

Carl Carlson is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 01:30 AM
  #124
pahlsson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMicrowave View Post
Yup.

If the Leafs give up their 1st and Schenn for Luongo, I'd be the happiest man in the world.
lol keep dreaming bud

pahlsson is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 01:31 AM
  #125
Hammer Time
Registered User
 
Hammer Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Wonder who starts now in Game 5? Schneider?
Absolutely, no doubt about it. Ride the hot hand, 40 saves tonight.

The only way Luongo gets another start is if the Canucks come all the way back, and Schneider falters in round 2.

Hammer Time is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.