HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Sens - Game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 11:15 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Mark Sanchez was in back to back Championship games.

Oh wait, you watch the CFL right?
Wow, didn't realize that playing 50 plus games in two playoff runs made him the Trent Dilfer of the NHL. I don't like the Pens but sometimes one must give respect where it is due. I can foresee someone bringing up Osgood next...

Old
04-16-2012, 11:16 PM
park rangers
Optimist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
Well I think most people thought you had a great shot. I remember thinking "son of a *****." Drury was okay though, aside from a rather large contract wasn't he?
We expected him to be a 30 goal scorer and relied on him way too much. He had a pretty good 1st year with the team but other than that was a train wreck. He couldn't buy a goal for his life and was often injured. He WAS however a very good leader and captain for a very young team. Cally has said multiple times that Drury taught him a lot.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Well, I am not the only one has come to that conclusion. Hank stole it, but i would probably put it at 60-40 as far as outplaying the Rangers, nothing embarrasing, but I think that the Sens had more control, more rushes and the Rangers were content to wait and weather...which they did with Hank making the stops.

By the way, MAF still has scoreboard over Hank. It ain't even close. 2 Finals. Sure, he had a bad year this year in the playoffs, **** happens as that team is imploding. Hank's playoff success is there for everyone to see. He may not have the supporting cast of MAF but in the end it is about results.
MAF has never had to steal games or carry his team in any capacity. I have watched him since his international days, he is a medicore goalie. Always has been always will be. He can get streaky at times but any goalie can get streaky.

Pens fans are in love with him because he made one lucky pad save in SCF. He doesn't even have to overreach his pad if he isn't so far in his crease. He is a rebound giving machine and mentally fragile.

I agree with you that Hank hasn't proven anything. But that doesn't mean I am going to show respect to MAF. Stanley Cups are TEAM awards.

MAF has never pulled a Roy, Gieure, Ward, Hasek, Hextall like performance in the playoffs.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Wow, didn't realize that playing 50 plus games in two playoff runs made him the Trent Dilfer of the NHL. I don't like the Pens but sometimes one must give respect where it is due. I can foresee someone bringing up Osgood next...
What makes him any different than Antii Nieimi? Similar stats, they've both won a cup and they're both young.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:19 PM
park rangers
Optimist

Quote:
Ha maybe that wasn't the best analogy. FWIW I'd rank MAF in the top-5 in goalies but he, along with Thomas and Luongo have this weird characteristic of completely falling apart for stretches at a time and barely resembling an NHL goalie.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
What makes him any different than Antii Nieimi? Similar stats, they've both won a cup and they're both young.
Another crappy goalie.

Old
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

I mean what can be said about The King that hasn't been said before?

He's just... Just... It boggles the mind.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:21 PM
park rangers
Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I mean what can be said about The King that hasn't been said before?

He's just... Just... It boggles the mind.
....gorgeous?..beautiful?...a saint?

Old
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Great game!!

Sens fan here

Sucks we lost but what A GAME!!!

Incredible!!

I can't believe people on the Ottawa board are complaining: both teams were out of this world!

Don't hold your breath fellow Ranger fans, we're taking this in 6!

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Hasek didn't win a ring as a starter. MAF>Hasek.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
He plays for the Penguins. He's a former #1 overall pick. He makes unbelievable saves once in a while (followed by terrible goals).

Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
I honestly don't think MAF is as bad as he's looking. Sidney Crosby has royally ****ed that team up. We're lucky, we have real captains who lead by example like Callahan and Alfie. The Pens have a guy who's pulling pee-wee moves out there and whining in post-game interviews while being out-classed by the guy he's trashing. How can a team dig deep and find motivation with a kid leading them?

Old
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
....gorgeous?..beautiful?...a saint?
I do have a Mancrush lol

But saint isn't close

Old
04-16-2012, 11:30 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
I honestly don't think MAF is as bad as he's looking. Sidney Crosby has royally ****ed that team up. We're lucky, we have real captains who lead by example like Callahan and Alfie. The Pens have a guy who's pulling pee-wee moves out there and whining in post-game interviews while being out-classed by the guy he's trashing. How can a team dig deep and find motivation with a kid leading them?
As much as I hate Crosby I don't think his whining has anything to do with the ECHL defense and MAF's ECHL goaltending.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Sens fan here

Sucks we lost but what A GAME!!!

Incredible!!

I can't believe people on the Ottawa board are complaining: both teams were out of this world!

Don't hold your breath fellow Ranger fans, we're taking this in 6!
Oh u have it in 6? Ok, guess ill stop watching now

Old
04-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
I'm not sure what was up with Callahan tonight. He was fantastic in Game 1, dropped off a little in Game 2 (how could you not after his first performance?), and then truly had "hands of stone" tonight. He's certainly allowed a bad game every once in awhile but it's playoffs time and we need our captain and 30 goal scorer to be more consistent.

Stepan was awful. He's becoming hard to watch. Not ready to give up on him quite yet but he's going to need to show some real improvement next season.

Kreider showed flashes of elite talent tonight. I'm hoping he'll come into Game 4 a bit more calm now that he knows what to expect.

And of course, Boyler and The King carried the team tonight. Stralman played a very strong game as well.

We had quite a few chances but I'd like to see more puck possession. Get back to the style of play we demonstrated in Game 1. Powerplay has got to be better. And we can't keep getting trapped in our own zone like we did tonight. Overall though, not a bad road win, and I'll certainly take it.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:34 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
As much as I hate Crosby I don't think his whining has anything to do with the ECHL defense and MAF's ECHL goaltending.
I think it all goes hand in hand. No confidence and Crosby as captain isn't doing anything to help re-build the confidence. He needs to go above and beyond, not stood to the level the Flyers are trying to bring him down too. I know personally when I play and I see my captain doing everything he can to boost up the club, up the moral on the bench and on the ice I'm gonna go out there and go harder every shift. But when I see my captain acting like a little girl, with the emotion of the game it's more likely to start doing the bush league things the Pens did all game. You set an example. The 'C' on your chest is more then a letter. You've been chosen by your team to lead them. They're going to follow what you do. Good or bad.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Calad
Section 422

Good game.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Mastermind of trades? Yes, but he is pathetic at free agent signings. (See every single one besides Gaborik and Richards)
Rupp was an amazing signing. Fedotenko was an amazing signing.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:42 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Well, I am not the only one has come to that conclusion. Hank stole it, but i would probably put it at 60-40 as far as outplaying the Rangers, nothing embarrasing, but I think that the Sens had more control, more rushes and the Rangers were content to wait and weather...which they did with Hank making the stops.

By the way, MAF still has scoreboard over Hank. It ain't even close. 2 Finals. Sure, he had a bad year this year in the playoffs, **** happens as that team is imploding. Hank's playoff success is there for everyone to see. He may not have the supporting cast of MAF but in the end it is about results.
It is also about having an on fire Crosby & Malkin

Old
04-16-2012, 11:42 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Fedotenko seems to be quietly great wherever he signs haha. One of the more underrated players in the past decade.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'm not sure Fedotenko was an "amazing" signing. For a signing to be "amazing" it needs to actually return quite a bit of value for the dollar. Feds has been right about at replacement level for both seasons as a Ranger.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
I'm not sure Fedotenko was an "amazing" signing. For a signing to be "amazing" it needs to actually return quite a bit of value for the dollar. Feds has been right about at replacement level for both seasons as a Ranger.
Feds has had a huge impact on this team. I don't give a **** about "replacement level" and advanced stats in hockey. Useless ********.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Feds continues to be underrated.

There's a reason he constantly is involved in scoring chances, even though he botches them.

Underrated, very good third line player.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Feds continues to be underrated.

There's a reason he constantly is involved in scoring chances, even though he botches them.

Underrated, very good third line player.
No. He's barely above replacement level. Clearly.

Closed Thread