HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I must vent at my fellow Hab fans

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 08:40 AM
davey999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Did you sleep through the lock out??? There is a tiny clause in it called the "salary cap". The Rags and Detroit et al can no longer "do what they have to" (nice euphemism for throwing around gobs of money) to get players.

To suggest that the Habs have not be active in acquiring/retaining talent (such as it is) over the last year is absurd.
The other teams "spend to the max of the cap" and do what they have to do to make their team better. If that means sending a guy to the minors and eating his salary, then they do it.

Philly as an example. NJ with Mogilny.

If Montreal really cared they would have waived Bonk to the minors a long time ago and eaten his salary to use that cap space somewhere else. Same with Sundstrom.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:44 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey999
The other teams "spend to the max of the cap" and do what they have to do to make their team better. If that means sending a guy to the minors and eating his salary, then they do it.

If Montreal really cared they would have waived Bonk to the minors a long time ago and eaten his salary to use that cap space somewhere else. Same with Sundstrom.
These teams got tons of money. This isnt a charity......a hockey team isnst suposed to be a blackhole for money. Montreal has a budget and has to live with that. And why arent you answering my previous posts?

Old
03-09-2006, 08:49 AM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
These teams got tons of money. This isnt a charity......a hockey team isnst suposed to be a blackhole for money. Montreal has a budget and has to live with that. And why arent you answering my previous posts?
21,273 every game should get the fans something right?

What do you want me to answer?

Old
03-09-2006, 08:51 AM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk

I think montreal just did exactly what they needed to do to get a quality player...either now...or this summer. I think you're confused. Also...Aebisher has been better then Theo in the last 2 seasons. Oh and wait.....I dont see Toronto above us in the standings.....and....have they won a stanley cup in the last what??? 50 years??
Has Detroit, Colorado or Dallas?

Spending money doesn't guarantee you a chance at the cup, but not spending gurantees that you won't.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:52 AM
znk

Quote:

Thats not where teams make money.....TV revenues and Luxury boxes is where its at.

Besides you give no serious arguements as to why its a bad move and you dont even try to conter other ppls arguments as to why its a good move.

Your just stuck in the old non salary cap, limited free agents NHL

Old
03-09-2006, 08:54 AM
znk

Quote:
Has Detroit, Colorado or Dallas?

Spending money doesn't guarantee you a chance at the cup, but not spending gurantees that you won't.
Ok...I think you forgot your brain somewhere....do you know how much frigging money these teams are making??? you're talking about 3 of the richest teams in the league.

If my neighbour has a Ferrari...does it mean I can afford one?...Your credit cards must maxed out.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:54 AM
habfan4

Quote:

Without the injury to Primeau the Flyers would have no cap flexibility and they waived Turner Stevenson which is hardly earth shattering or expensive. In terms of NJ, LL backed himself so far into a corner that he had to all but give away Jeff Friesen.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:57 AM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Ok...I think you forgot your brain somewhere....do you know how much frigging money these teams are making??? you're talking about 3 of the richest teams in the league.

If my neighbour has a Ferrari...does it mean I can afford one?...Your credit cards must maxed out.
You're a dope. You should work for the Habs because everything they do is gold.

I'm not saying this was a bad trade, but I predict it will lead to nothing else substantial like others are saying.

We are in 8th place right? I guess that's good enough for you.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:58 AM
znk

Quote:
You're a dope. You should work for the Habs because everything they do is gold.

I'm not saying this was a bad trade, but I predict it will lead to nothing else substantial like others are saying.

We are in 8th place right? I guess that's good enough for you.
tell me how was this team better with Theodore?

tell me...what would you give to chicago for Khabibulin?

Old
03-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Namso

Quote:

you want to compare ticket prices in montreal to toronto?

Old
03-09-2006, 09:01 AM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
tell me how was this team better with Theodore?

tell me...what would you give to chicago for Khabibulin?
Can you read? I just said "I'm not saying it was a bad trade..."

My point is that anyone thinking we get Jokinen or Bertuzzi or Chara or Redden in the summer is absolutely delusional. We will miss out on those guys and then over spend on guys like Dandenault.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:02 AM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso
you want to compare ticket prices in montreal to toronto?
I know, that Habs are in rough shape...

Old
03-09-2006, 09:06 AM
habfan4

Quote:
...My point is that anyone thinking we get Jokinen or Bertuzzi or Chara or Redden in the summer is absolutely delusional. We will miss out on those guys and then over spend on guys like Dandenault.
You have no clue (and neither do I - to end the suspense) who the Habs might have a shot at acquiring today or over the summer. To say that the Habs do not have the resources (and the cap space) in the present system to land any of the players you mentioned is not accurate.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:08 AM
znk

Quote:

My point is that anyone thinking we get Jokinen or Bertuzzi or Chara or Redden in the summer is absolutely delusional. We will miss out on those guys and then over spend on guys like Dandenault.
So.....why excactly are you pissed?

Old
03-09-2006, 09:12 AM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
So.....why excactly are you pissed?
Because I think this deal was simply to save money and not to make the team better.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:13 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:

If guys don't want to come play in Montreal, there's not much Gainey can do .
You don't think he went after Aucoin, Satan and others this summer? You're fighting with 26 teams to get these players, you can't expect to get everyone you're interested in.
I have no doubt that Bob Gainey is making offers right now. If he doesn't find one that he thinks will improve the team, he won't do it.
Same thing this summer. Last thing I want him to do is to grossly overspend on a player (like Chicago did on Aucoin).

I'm not saying he can't make mistakes because he did when he gave Theo that big contract, but I have faith that he will try to make the best decision for the club.

Plus, as for the trade. Two days ago, I said I'd be happy if Montreal waived Theo and someone picked him up for free. So let me just say I'm pretty happy that we got Aebisher!

Old
03-09-2006, 10:57 AM
LesHabsRock

Wrong. The NHL is a gate driven sport. They rely heavily on ticket sales to make their money. The TV deals just aren't there. Where have you been?

That is a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Thats not where teams make money.....TV revenues and Luxury boxes is where its at.

Besides you give no serious arguements as to why its a bad move and you dont even try to conter other ppls arguments as to why its a good move.

Your just stuck in the old non salary cap, limited free agents NHL

Closed Thread