HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

List of candidates for GM and Coach Part List of candidates for GM and Coach Part V

View Poll Results: Choose your Destiny
Claude Julien 29 28.16%
Alain Vigneault 74 71.84%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bob Hartley. 1 Cup + Right now in a game 7 of the Finals in the Swiss league...yeah...just the Swiss league. Yet, first season coaching them, winning or pushing it to the limit in any league is good nonetheless. Why couldn't it be a candidate for coaching? Not saying THE guy, but why not a candidate?
I can agree with a Hartley nomination. He plays an aggressive style and his teams are known for holding their opponents accountable. Like it or not, that's part of the NHL. Until they start applying more severe penalties for head shots, that will be the reaction of GM's and Coaches. Hartley is worth talking to (is it unethical to steal peoples ideas from job interview?...lol. I hope they are taking copius notes from all these gurus.).

Old
04-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
You should watch the games, Vancouver is getting completly neutralized. Outplayed and outcoached. If he has encouraged this diving attitude then he should be fired because it has come full circle to bite him in the ass.
Outplayed yes, but Vancouver is not getting outcoached. The Canucks are much like the Habs were under Jacques Martin in the sense that they don't have what it takes to reply to the Kings' physical play. Kesler is a freakin' bust. And Vigneault is FAR from encouraging the diving. He's the one who improved Alex Burrows and who is attempting to control Lapierre's antics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bob Hartley. 1 Cup + Right now in a game 7 of the Finals in the Swiss league...yeah...just the Swiss league. Yet, first season coaching them, winning or pushing it to the limit in any league is good nonetheless. Why couldn't it be a candidate for coaching? Not saying THE guy, but why not a candidate?
Why? Because he's bilingual, therefore he's crap!

Seriously, he's the guy that I wanted instead of Martin way back when. Ironically, Patrick Roy always spoke very highly of Hartley as a coach... I'd love to see Roy behind the bench with Hartley (and Robinson) as assistants.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
My opinion is that he would leave for the AGM position here aswell...

But also he considere's his job to be a hobby, I don't think the word job applys in his case, also his wife from what I know of her is very supportive, she's a resource aid at my school, and we talked once about how he's away alot and she said it's pays the bills so she doesn't mind... It was in grade 9 so I'm kinda fuzzy...

I think he would, I asked him months ago of he would leave Minny for MTL(when PG was still GM) he said he'd consider the GM if offered..

I took it as a yes.. Hes not the type to come out and just answer it flat out.. He knows alot about integrity, keep the private stuff private.

He himself told for only for a GM job... But again MTLs different.. Beaconsfield is 25 minutes from the bell center. He still has plenty of friends here from what I know..
If he's not much of a media guy....it might be a difficult job in Montreal. Montreal media seems to place great demands on GMs for comments/interviews.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:58 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse View Post
If he's not much of a media guy....it might be a difficult job in Montreal. Montreal media seems to place great demands on GMs for comments/interviews.
I think that's one of the reasons he thinks he won't get it.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:23 PM
onice

Man, I can't believe the poll results so far. Claude Julien has won wherever he went. To this day I still don't understand why the genius Gainy fired him. Lou did the same thing when Julien had the DEvils on top of the league. He's won the Cup.

Vigneault, I don't like. He's simply a better looking, less effective coach than MArtin.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Ledevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Man, I can't believe the poll results so far. Claude Julien has won wherever he went. To this day I still don't understand why the genius Gainy fired him. Lou did the same thing when Julien had the DEvils on top of the league. He's won the Cup.

Vigneault, I don't like. He's simply a better looking, less effective coach than MArtin.
Not sure about that...

Old
04-16-2012, 10:02 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Outplayed yes, but Vancouver is not getting outcoached. The Canucks are much like the Habs were under Jacques Martin in the sense that they don't have what it takes to reply to the Kings' physical play. Kesler is a freakin' bust. And Vigneault is FAR from encouraging the diving. He's the one who improved Alex Burrows and who is attempting to control Lapierre's antics.

Seriously, he's the guy that I wanted instead of Martin way back when. Ironically, Patrick Roy always spoke very highly of Hartley as a coach... I'd love to see Roy behind the bench with Hartley (and Robinson) as assistants.
An embarrassment, sure. Acting like a pansy, yup. But a bust? I don't know where to start, so I won't. I'll simply say that the guy has to be controlled, or put in his place -the coaches job. When controlled he scored over 40 goals last season, won the Selke and was a force in the playoffs. The only thing that slowed him down last year, was the injury in the Preds series.

Last edited by White Spy: 04-16-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old
04-16-2012, 10:30 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post

Who ever said that anybody was 'crap' because they were bilingual?

Stop trying to insert a language debate into the discussion when it's been pleasantly quiet and intelligent in here for some time. That goes for everybody.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Habitualwinner

Quote:
I know MacKasey personally, I know his wife aswell, the media is late on this.

Again he had a phone interview..... He doesn't think he'll get the job..

He loves his job in Minnesota, has said multiple times, he's not a media guy, Habs fans would love him, he knows his stuff really well, but again not a camera guy, very humble.

He would give interesting answers to the media... Which would be really funny.. He's a nice guy.

That being said, he loves his job in Minnesota, he told me that he won't leave there unless he gets a GM job...

Now, his family lives in Beaconsfield, I believe he would leave Minny for the Habs AGM job, but only because he is home like 4 days a month..

He'd do great as GM though, I think he'll get the job, but I'm biased. He's the darkhorse though.
Thanks very much for the inside information, that is what I like to hear. I am also glad that you did not have to endure people doubting the authenticity of your information. MacKasey's name came up today in some conversations I had at lunch and he appears to have universal respect as an intelligent,capable hockey mind.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Habitualwinner

Quote:
My opinion is that he would leave for the AGM position here aswell...

But also he considere's his job to be a hobby, I don't think the word job applys in his case, also his wife from what I know of her is very supportive, she's a resource aid at my school, and we talked once about how he's away alot and she said it's pays the bills so she doesn't mind... It was in grade 9 so I'm kinda fuzzy...

I think he would, I asked him months ago of he would leave Minny for MTL(when PG was still GM) he said he'd consider the GM if offered..

I took it as a yes.. Hes not the type to come out and just answer it flat out.. He knows alot about integrity, keep the private stuff private.

He himself told for only for a GM job... But again MTLs different.. Beaconsfield is 25 minutes from the bell center. He still has plenty of friends here from what I know..
It would be very interesting to hear MacKasey's unfiltered review of the outgoing regime.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Here we go again. Frankly, the moderators should stay out of discussions on contentious issues where they are not fully partial by the very nature of their own personal background. We are talking about the Habs which are operating in an environment where language is an issue. Or maybe you can ban all French people on here so that you can create the illusion that language is not an issue in Habs land because a tiny minority of Habs fan will have created a majority world where they can ignore reality.

On the other hand, if we seek here to discuss based on reality and build more understanding and hockey bridges, then we must allow language be part of the debate, pure and simple. Let's be real, shall we?
Good gawd....what an awful way to go through life.....Poor Me! The Moderator raised the point to stop making allegations that if someone doesn't want a certain coach, it doesn't mean it's because of language.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Julien > Vigneault. Evidence: last years final.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
More like Thomas > Luongo.

Great goaltending can make any coach look like a genius.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Bruins had it easy in the East and faced a Canucks team that had gone threw Hell. I trully believe this. Julien plays a too much safe style and it almost cost him when his team almost got eliminated by the Habs last year. Bruins had a stacked team, they shouldn't have gone in seven games against the Habs. If you play a tight defensive game against Julien's teams you can easily win, that is why the Caps could win this series. That is why Jacques Martin knew how to beat these guys.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post

Well contrary to Julien, Vigneault do not only think about defensive hockey.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Julien was fired because he was too much of a players coach, which didn't sit too well with old timers like Gainey and Lamoriello.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

He pretty much cried on his knees to Kovalev in a Motel saying "what should I do? What do you want me to do?". Disgusted, Kovalev said "I'm not the coach!".

Old
04-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
He pretty much cried on his knees to Kovalev in a Motel saying "what should I do? What do you want me to do?". Disgusted, Kovalev said "I'm not the coach!".
Um..........who are you talking about specifically, everybody's been mentioned in the last few posts?

Edit: And when specifically and under what circumstances?

Old
04-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Who ever said that anybody was 'crap' because they were bilingual?

Stop trying to insert a language debate into the discussion when it's been pleasantly quiet and intelligent in here for some time. That goes for everybody.
The post was not a language debate, it was meant in good humour, as proven by the smiley at the end. I think that most people would take it that way.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:28 AM
coolasprICE

all you knuckleheads think you can dissect and analyze every little detail and then make conclusions with such confidence in who'd be the best coach without ever taking into account factors such as the extreme parity in the NHL (it's getting ridiculous imo) and injuries.

thanks, had to get this off my chest

carry on

Old
04-17-2012, 01:34 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Yes...Habs players stay in motels now...

Old
04-17-2012, 01:35 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Not sure I want to see where your FanFic ends up.

Old
04-17-2012, 02:36 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
all you knuckleheads think you can dissect and analyze every little detail and then make conclusions with such confidence in who'd be the best coach without ever taking into account factors such as the extreme parity in the NHL (it's getting ridiculous imo) and injuries.

thanks, had to get this off my chest

carry on
You post on the general board is a classic. Too much parity.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:53 AM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitualwinner View Post
It would be very interesting to hear MacKasey's unfiltered review of the outgoing regime.
Im having lunch with him today actually...but hockey won't be the subject of the discussion... he's going to return to my class as a guest speaker in the near future, I'll ask then..

I don't know if he'll just come out and say its ****, I remeber criticzing Martin and he came right to his defence, pointing out how Martin did well getting the most out of the team... He's not the type to mock, attack or criticize other staff...

Even players, he will call them lazy, but only when I ask of his opinion...

Like I said he's very humble about his job.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:56 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Im having lunch with him today actually...but hockey won't be the subject of the discussion... he's going to return to my class as a guest speaker in the near future, I'll ask then..

I don't know if he'll just come out and say its ****, I remeber criticzing Martin and he came right to his defence, pointing out how Martin did well getting the most out of the team... He's not the type to mock, attack or criticize other staff...

Even players, he will call them lazy, but only when I ask of his opinion...

Like I said he's very humble about his job.
Tell him good luck. I'm not necessarily rooting for him per se but hopefully the habs investigate and give him an extended look for the benefit of the process.

He seems like an AGM I'd like but the habs already have Carriere.

Closed Thread