HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks' Injury Thread: He will play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches.

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Gold Pads*
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

vCash: 500
please recover fast and re-join the canucks!!!! hank looks lost without you

Old
04-16-2012, 08:17 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasTheCat View Post
That's why you don't get paid to make these decisions.
Thanks.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:27 PM
ItWasTheCat

vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Thanks.
I apologize. I hadn't eaten yet and get grumpy when my blood sugar gets low, so I'm usually good for 1 or 2 smart ass comments a day.

But what I meant to say was, I have no doubt that the medical staff, coaching staff, as well as management would all feel the same - he'll play if he's ready, if he's not he surely won't.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
...he'll play if he's ready, if he's not he surely won't.
The flip side is that concussions are a serious injury and nobody really knows when a player is really fully recovered or not. The experts are all guessing, and the player is the last person who should be involved in the decision, because he always thinks he's good to go.

So why not err on the side of safety, and shut him down for what little is left in this season.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:15 PM
John Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Pads View Post
please recover fast and re-join the canucks!!!! hank looks lost without you
Hank has been good. The rest of the team on the other hand....

Old
04-16-2012, 09:42 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
I apologize. I hadn't eaten yet and get grumpy when my blood sugar gets low, so I'm usually good for 1 or 2 smart ass comments a day.

But what I meant to say was, I have no doubt that the medical staff, coaching staff, as well as management would all feel the same - he'll play if he's ready, if he's not he surely won't.
Yeah, no worries. Danny's my favourite so I'm a little weary.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
I cannot believe they are even contemplating letting him play after the lick brown laid on henrik.

Shut 'er down. Focus on 2012/13

Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
JanBulisPiggyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
I cannot believe they are even contemplating letting him play after the lick brown laid on henrik.

Shut 'er down. Focus on 2012/13
Negative focus on 2011-12 but come back to the boys after the first round is won in 7

Old
04-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Carl Carlson

I really hope Daniel is actually symptom free and he doesn't risk further damage by playing when he shouldn't. If he is ok though I'm pumped to have him back.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:37 AM
dingdong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekier View Post
I just heard that Daniel is en route to LA as we speak...???

Can anyone confirm.... anything??
I can confirm. Someone I know saw him at the airport.

Old
04-17-2012, 02:24 AM
sticknrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
As Vigneault said it is a medical decision.
are these the same medical docs that presided over the mitchell incident? Lol. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

Oh boy, so after game 4 well be out of the playoffs and a top lw when dan gets ko'd.

Old
04-17-2012, 02:40 AM
DoubleTrouble

you can bet the farm that Daniel will play on Wednesday, He is a leader on this team and the team needs him. I think the canucks have been very cautious with him and holding him back from playing hopping the canucks can win without him

Old
04-17-2012, 09:21 AM
elproducto

If he plays they need a bodyguard for him plain and simple.

Put a big guy out there, who's job is to make sure Dank is free and clear.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:22 AM
elproducto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
you can bet the farm that Daniel will play on Wednesday, He is a leader on this team and the team needs him. I think the canucks have been very cautious with him and holding him back from playing hopping the canucks can win without him
You have to wonder if they weren't hoping they could steal one to bring it back to Van in the hopes he would play.

It does seem crazy to me that he would go to LA and practice if he wasn't going to play the next game.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:29 AM
wholesickcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elproducto View Post
If he plays they need a bodyguard for him plain and simple.

Put a big guy out there, who's job is to make sure Dank is free and clear.
Disagree. We need to score, so let's get scoring lines out there.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Daniel takes an elbow to the head before the first period is over.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
ninjastache

Kings fan coming in Peace,

Just want to say Hope he's at 100% on and off the ice, and if he gets any time on the ice in the series I hope he stays healthy and has no set backs. I'm a little excited to see how the Kings would do against the Nucks with Both Sedin's in the rotation, just hope the team doesn't give up on him, and they come out and play there ***** off.

On the other hand, I sincerely hope that they don't throw him into the game at anything less than 100%, I know it might not mean much coming from a Kings fan, but 1 playoff series isn't worth the chance of destroying a career.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastache View Post

Just want to say Hope he's at 100% on and off the ice, and if he gets any time on the ice in the series I hope he stays healthy and has no set backs. I'm a little excited to see how the Kings would do against the Nucks with Both Sedin's in the rotation, just hope the team doesn't give up on him, and they come out and play there ***** off.

On the other hand, I sincerely hope that they don't throw him into the game at anything less than 100%, I know it might not mean much coming from a Kings fan, but 1 playoff series isn't worth the chance of destroying a career.
We tend to agree. Having Daniel back would be an interesting rallying point. Still though, even with Daniel and even if we outplay the Kings in the next 4 games you'd have to think Quick could steal them ONE more to advance.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
We tend to agree. Having Daniel back would be an interesting rallying point. Still though, even with Daniel and even if we outplay the Kings in the next 4 games you'd have to think Quick could steal them ONE more to advance.
This isn't the thread for this, but Quick hasn't stolen anything yet. 90% of our shots are logo hunting hopefuls from well outside the slot.

I don't like this rushing Daniel back because we're 3 down idea. If he was having dizziness this past week and floating around before practices on his own... How does he miraculously recover enough for a full practice today? Then again, I'm no "expert."

Old
04-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
This isn't the thread for this, but Quick hasn't stolen anything yet. 90% of our shots are logo hunting hopefuls from well outside the slot.

I don't like this rushing Daniel back because we're 3 down idea. If he was having dizziness this past week and floating around before practices on his own... How does he miraculously recover enough for a full practice today? Then again, I'm no "expert."
One week symptom free...

Old
04-17-2012, 01:31 PM
big boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Exactly. If he couldn't make the trip to LA a couple of days ago, how is he suddenly better to make it now? I know that it's a day to day thing, but it still doesn't sit well with me.
Didn't he feel symptoms last Monday after practice? Doesn't he then have to rest a week prior to practicing again? If that is the case, and he practices today and does not feel symptoms, seems like he could indeed be ready to go. Seems like theyre following protocol?

Old
04-17-2012, 01:35 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by big boi View Post
Didn't he feel symptoms last Monday after practice? Doesn't he then have to rest a week prior to practicing again? If that is the case, and he practices today and does not feel symptoms, seems like he could indeed be ready to go. Seems like theyre following protocol?
NHL protocol calls for 1 week with no exercise. It seems pretty clear the setback occurred on Monday but he kept on skating so who knows.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:37 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastache View Post

This was pretty much the same thing Canucks fans were saying with the Bolland return last year. Hopefully it doesn't cost the team in the long run.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:38 PM
big boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
The flip side is that concussions are a serious injury and nobody really knows when a player is really fully recovered or not. The experts are all guessing, and the player is the last person who should be involved in the decision, because he always thinks he's good to go.

So why not err on the side of safety, and shut him down for what little is left in this season.
That is why there are rules and a protocol in place. That's why he didn't play after last week's practice. The protocol says, I believe, if he practices today and is symptom free, he can play. I guess they'll have to be a press conference too, they'd have to make him available to the media, so I'm sure we'll hear all.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:38 PM
tantalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
NHL protocol calls for 1 week with no exercise. It seems pretty clear the setback occurred on Monday but he kept on skating so who knows.
NHL protocol isn't anything official beyond returning back to baseline function i believe. Each team is left to do what they want in the end. It's why you have some teams who treat concussions as seriously as they should and others who pretend there is no such thing as a concussion.

Closed Thread