HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pitts - Wpg

Old
04-16-2012, 05:34 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
More than he is likely worth to you.

He's a 5-6 D man, but he brings physicality, blocks shots, and basically plays like a 1 man wrecking crew out there.

The Jets don't have someone to replace him and he's perfect in that spot for us. To lose him would leave a big hole.
He's also signed very cheap for a few years.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
He also appears to be a key personality in the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
And I forgot he just won the teams Dan Snyder award. So ya, probably not available.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
1.7 isn't that cheap for a 5/6th guy...

Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:51 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
1.7 isn't that cheap for a 5/6th guy...
Then Staal is overpriced for a third line center

You don't judge a players contract value by his spot on the team alone. Find me one defenseman that plays harder than Stuart for less money and isn't on an entry level contract. I'd even settle for you finding me a 5th defenseman better than Stuart who makes less. Guys like Sutton and Campoli who are barely even in the league anymore still make more.

I also think your assessment of the average price of a 5th defenseman is off - looking over most rosters on CapGeek, 1.7M seems distinctly below average. The Red Wings for example have 6 defenseman who make more than Stuart, the lowest of which makes more than 1M more than Stuart and it's a group that aside from Lidstrom is very much average. Phoenix has 7 defenseman making more and Stuart would likely be the 4th best on that team.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:11 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Okay, if Pittsburgh gets swept, what are they going to do to improve for next year?

I think Sid, Malkin, Neal, Letang and Fleury are untouchable.

Staal is better than a third line centre and could be a 1st line centre on many teams, therefore I think he garners the best return.

Pittsburgh clearly needs a stronger D. So.........

To Winnipeg

Staal

To Pittsburgh

Bogo +

What would the plus have to be? Is Burmistrov too much?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
How about Tobias Enstrom?

Would you part with either of them for Jordan Staal?
Yup

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Staal goes nowhere, this series doesn't change that.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Pigs On The Wing

Staal for Enstrom? I'd probably do it. Enstrom is coming off of a rough season but he was injured and had the misfortune of being paired up with Byfuglien.

Pigs On The Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Then Staal is overpriced for a third line center

You don't judge a players contract value by his spot on the team alone. Find me one defenseman that plays harder than Stuart for less money and isn't on an entry level contract. I'd even settle for you finding me a 5th defenseman better than Stuart who makes less. Guys like Sutton and Campoli who are barely even in the league anymore still make more.

I also think your assessment of the average price of a 5th defenseman is off - looking over most rosters on CapGeek, 1.7M seems distinctly below average.
I agree on the Staal comment. Engelland, Franson, Azlner. Looking over the teams on capgeek, there's many teams who have an expensive 1st pairing (4-5m+), so so 2nd pairing (2-4m) and cheaper 3rd pairing contracts. Penguins, LA, Nashville, Calgary, Rangers, etc.

I guess it depends on ones budget/cap structure. Pens can't afford to spend 2m on a guy who's only a 3rd pairing guy. Niskanen makes 1.7 (1.5 cap hit) and is due for a raise, and most Pens fan's don't want him if he's much more than 2.2ish, and he's a guy who was playing as our #3 for several different stretches and played great this year.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Staal goes nowhere, this series doesn't change that.
If we're looking for a quality D to play a shut down role (assuming we can't sign one via FA), then you have to give up quality. I don't know why so many are opposed to moving Staal if it's for the right deal.

As an example, something surrounding players like Weber, Marc Staal, Girardi, Alzner, Myers, etc you don't get by trading Martin and TK.

If he could bring back that sort of return (or be the center piece for it), I don't see how one could be opposed to moving him. It's just a matter of ensuring if he's moved, it's in the right deal, and not as part of some deal just to shake things up.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Wpgpage

Speaking of Niskanen what would Pens fans want for him, if he's not going to fit in the budget? Would be a good fit for the Jets on the 2nd/3rd pair MN boy so fairly close to home, times well with the rest of the Jets D.

Wpgpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
Speaking of Niskanen what would Pens fans want for him, if he's not going to fit in the budget? Would be a good fit for the Jets on the 2nd/3rd pair MN boy so fairly close to home, times well with the rest of the Jets D.
If he was moved for a forward, the only ones that interest me would be Wheeler, Little and Burmistrov (and Kane, but can't see WPG moving him). Pens would have to add, and I'm not sure what they can add that would work.

On your blueline obviously Bogo is very appealing (Pens would be adding a lot), as is Stuart (also more what we're looking for).

Old
04-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Wpgpage

Yeah that's not an option, Niskanen is a nice piece but Wheeler is a top 6 player and Burmi is to young to move for Niskanen. Also Little is playing top 6 minutes so that's a backwards move for the Jets.

Wpgpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:49 AM
wej20

Niskanen for a 2nd + Forward/Goalie prospect.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Crazed Fan

I am big Enstrom fan.
Also I am a big Jordan Staal fan.

If this trade could happen I would be all for it.
Sad to see Tobi go, but Staal down the middle would make it all better.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote