HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana pick for #2 center

Old
04-16-2012, 08:13 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
No you can't, and they wouldn't. If they were smart they would listen to Murray when he says "Duchene will make this team better than Etem will." and let him do his job.
lol you think they'll listen to whatever murray wants after missing the playoffs again? the ducks wont trade or shop Etem, bank on it i know this to be true

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
are teemu or DSP local products?
Ryan is. The fact that he spent some of his childhood here doesn't seem to have much bearing in how much we draw at the gate.

Tell me, if being a local kid so important, why did we draft Rakell over Grimaldi?

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
lol you think they'll listen to whatever murray wants after missing the playoffs again? the ducks wont trade or shop Etem, bank on it i know this to be true
I completely agree

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Prove it or you are just grasping at straws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Ryan is. The fact that he spent some of his childhood here doesn't seem to have much bearing in how much we draw at the gate.

Tell me, if being a local kid so important, why did we draft Rakell over Grimaldi?
This. I played roller with Rocco for 3 years and he is a great hockey player and a great guy as well as being from the Inland Empire and Orange County. Perfect guy to market around. If the Owners were as persuasive as you think then he would be a Ducks prospect.

Murray is in control of this team.

Last edited by Gliff: 04-16-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Prove it or you are just grasping at straws.

This. I played roller with Rocco for 3 years and he is a great hockey player and a great guy as well as being from the Inland Empire and Orange County. Perfect guy to market around. If the Owners were as persuasive as you think then he would be a Ducks prospect.

Murray is in control of this team.
Look the Ducks were planning to draft Etem 12th overall but due to Fowler falling they didn't even have a jersey made up for him. Etem had a jersey made and it was a slam dunk draft. Murray had emphasis in his voice when he called him up in the Staples center every ducks fan there was high fiving and STOKED.

Luckily the Ducks marketing team and the scouts agreed Etem was the perfect target to bring even more hockey to so cal, and even if the marketing team didnt participate in the selection....well they have a gold mine that fell in their lap.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Look the Ducks were planning to draft Etem 12th overall but due to Fowler falling they didn't even have a jersey made up for him. Etem had a jersey made and it was a slam dunk draft. Murray had emphasis in his voice when he called him up in the Staples center every ducks fan there was high fiving and STOKED.

Luckily the Ducks marketing team and the scouts agreed Etem was the perfect target to bring even more hockey to so cal, and even if the marketing team didnt participate in the selection....well they have a gold mine that fell in their lap.
Dont you think they would have traded up into the second to get Rocco if the local aspect was as large as you think.

I really think you are putting too much stock into it.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 75
Quote:
Yes, I do think they'll listen to Murray. He's the general manager. If they didn't have any faith in him, they would replace him.

As for you "knowing" it to be true, no, you don't. You can't. So don't claim otherwise. The Ducks probably won't trade him, but if the right deal came along? They absolutely would.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:24 PM
dan1el

Ottawa will give you Zibanejad (last year's 6th overall) for that pick, then flip both the 6 overall and 15 (probably) overall this year to Edmonton for number 1.
Ottawa gets Yakupov, Edmonton can draft Matt Dumba, Reinhart, or some other D-Man with Anaheim's pick, plus get another solid pick at 15.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
Ottawa will give you Zibanejad (last year's 6th overall) for that pick, then flip both the 6 overall and 15 (probably) overall this year to Edmonton for number 1.
Ottawa gets Yakupov, Edmonton can draft Matt Dumba, Reinhart, or some other D-Man with Anaheim's pick, plus get another solid pick at 15.
I have my doubts that you'd get Edmonton to go for that, but you could probably get the 6th overall for Zibanejad.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Makaveli

Luke Schenn+35th overall for 6th overall?

Leafs draft 1 of Forsberg/Galchenyuk and 1 of Murray/Dumba

edit: I know Schenn is not a #2 center, but I didn't want to make a new thread

Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post

That only happens if our scouts want nothing to do with this draft.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
I would be open to this assuming we cannot get a more established guy. I doubt the Oilers would be open to that though.

Quote:

We really dont need help NOW on defense. I would rather draft a defender then trade it for Schenn.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Yeah, because that never happens when a team drafts a kid in the first round. Usually they are annoyed at having to work on the weekend and it shows. Good catch.

Quote:
Please explain how he is a goldmine. What will the team do and how will it translate into money for the team? Have you spoken to the marketing team? Please enlighten us.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:52 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
That only happens if our scouts want nothing to do with this draft.
When do we really draft this high other then Ryan?? C'mon really....

Old
04-17-2012, 02:55 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
When do we really draft this high other then Ryan?? C'mon really....

Old
04-17-2012, 07:47 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Some of Ducksgo and Occupy posts on this local boy thing are cracking me up. Give it a rest guys, you're putting way too much onto this local boy stuff.

Shall have a good chuckle when there is no major boost in ticket sales when/if Etem becomes a Ducks regular.

I'd take a winning team over local talents every day of the week, and twice on Sundays!

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:

That's pretty funny. Bottom pairing D + 2nd rd. pick for 6th overall. Good luck with that.

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote