HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Sens - Game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 07:54 AM
1994sec311

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Good: Boyle
Bad: Mitchell's defense
Redden: Boyle's facial hair
Boyle's facial hair is AWESOME!

Old
04-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Fleury has now had 4 consecutive playoffs where his sv % is under .90. And he's probably going for a record low this year.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:04 AM
darko

Only 1 point so far for Karlsson. Shut him down and Sens are very beatable.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:10 AM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by rholt168 View Post
Hank chokes in the playoffs, right guys? Right?
Major jinx, there...dude they haven't shook hands yet!

Old
04-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Only 1 point so far for Karlsson. Shut him down and Sens are very beatable.
Spezzas been invisible as well. Need to keep them that way.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:14 AM
MAYO

I'm elated about King Hank's play, but also worried. If he has one "average" game, I think we're screwed. Is it me or we look aweful most of the game last night. our "top" line has been MIA the last two games, and I think Krieder right now is out of his league. He was caught flat footed often in our zone and what's with the one hand on his stick all the time?!?!? Not sayng he won't eventually grow into a leading role, but man was I expecting more.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

^^^what was everyone expecting? A Stepan-like debut? he did fine for his first NHL game...in the playoffs.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
I hope none of you Rangers fans think this series is over. I actually want you to say if you have seen a team this year play as perfect Ranger style hockey as the Sens did tonight against you all season?
I definitely don't think it's over primarily because the Sens have matched up well against the Rangers all season. It concerns me that Torts still doesn't seem to have made adjustments to his game strategy to tip that balance back the other way. The focus is on containment of Karlsson and Spezza, which is great, but it feels like they took their foot of the offensive gas pedal 1/2 way through the first game and are content to play it safe since.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:38 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Major jinx, there...dude they haven't shook hands yet!
oh look its you again, the guy who told us to shut up a few pages back.
you should probably take your own advice.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yeah but if you give both teams a loss they should've won, it's still 2-1 because they should've won tonight.
But we shouldn't care what games they should have won. It's our job to win games we should have won AND win games we should have lost.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Old
04-17-2012, 09:14 AM
1994sec311

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
The most beautiful thing about this team is that there are no flashy superstars or shiny highlight reels. It's the consummate team effort where we bang, grind, and fight through every single win like it's an elimination game. That's the true beauty of this team and that's the reason why no one has us as favorites to win the Cup this year and many had us as an upset special against the Sens.

When you follow this team, you feel like you are watching each chapter of an unbelievable story unfold. The team loves each other, has awesome teammate/lockerroom chemistry, and would run through walls for each other and their coach. They have all the intangible qualities that make them a winning team in the ultimate team sport while they lack all the tangible qualities that would make them a popular playoff prediction pick. I feel like I'm rooting for the most underrated #1 seed of all time and I love it.
AGREED! So great to have a team to root for that's not only been successful thus far in the season, but a group of guys who clearly enjoy playing the game, like each other, and are a bunch of young guys on a mission together, some for several years together now. Makes it fun to watch them--I feel like I know them.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:15 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Hank is showing flashes of 94 Richter . Hope he keeps it up.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:18 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
I hope none of you Rangers fans think this series is over.

Hell no. Advantage Rangers but still a long way to go.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:22 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
So I had to work last night so I just finished watching the game... So hard to concentrate on saving lives when I'm more concerned with the Rangers in the playoffs. I haven't read much of the boards yet so I may have missed it, but along with Hank and Boyle being AWESOME and Stralman having another great game, we can't forget about Bickel. He made a save that Hank may not have gotten to and that puck was wired for the back of the net. Good job Stu!!!!!

Got home ice advantage back! Boo-yah! Anderson made some fantastic saves, but if this series comes down to goalies, I trust in Hank! Let's get another win on Wednesday and come home up 3-1.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Cmox

Man, I read that thread about rooting for a team after they beat you. You guys seem to be really pissing off the Sens fans. They're spitting venom.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:40 AM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Ottowa has outshot the Rangers in all three games. Without Hank, it could easily have been 3 game down by now.

Oh my, what a playoff Hank is having so for. We just get reminded game after game how important the goalkeeping is in the playoffs.

With Lundqvist healthy, Rangers are a very serious contender this year.

Rangers have 4-0 lead in game 1 and Henrik was not spectacular in Game 2 (he did make a couple nice saves). Game 3 was the only game where Hank might have stole one. Especially late in the 3rd. But this is the playoffs and no matter who you are playing, to make a deep run your goalie is going to have to steal a game or 2. Also in game 2 Callahan was all alone in front of Anderson for 10 seconds and was robbed. He buries that there to make it 2-0 and it's a different game. Last night the Rangers had 2 break aways and probably the better chances until the 3rd period. The Sens seem to shoot from everywhere, the Rangers don't.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Man, I read that thread about rooting for a team after they beat you. You guys seem to be really pissing off the Sens fans. They're spitting venom.
**** them. They brought it on themselves when they condoned their scum bag play. Who cares if they are pissed?

Old
04-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
You are correct sir.

Keep the shooters to the perimeter. Limit high% scoring chances.

We have seen it all season long. The Rangers were often on the short end of shots on goal.
Just my two cents, but i think it's why the Rangers weren't getting as much respect as a #1 seed usually does. It often looks like they're being outplayed but they give up zone time and not much else. It's just the way they do it.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
After a 1-0 loss the way I look at it Gilroy is 1000x better at creating offence then Carkner. I'm not the Paulrus, but if I were I'd play Gilroy or dress one of our black aces (AHL practise squad).

Its basically pick your poison,

Gilroy, decent offence but soft as charmin toilet paper.

or

Carkner, tough as nails, but could only score on a soccer net.

edit: Sry to post so much, the Sens forum is pretty emo right now and want Spezza's head. He's my fav player and I dont wanna fight with my fellow Sens fans haha.
Hey as long as you can be slightly non homerish (which you haven't been homerish in the slightest) your always welcome here. Its those fans who come trollin' sayin' Hags deserved a 15 games suspension that I want to smash with with a ballpeen hammer.

04-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Knowing how superstitious hockey players are, I can easily imagine Boyle not touching a razor for as long as he keeps scoring like this.
Well ****. I guess that means we will be watching the Geico cave man next season.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
**** them. They brought it on themselves when they condoned their scum bag play. Who cares if they are pissed?
haha, b-b-but they said now they know why everyone hates us. PLAYOFFS!

Old
04-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
haha, b-b-but they said now they know why everyone hates us. PLAYOFFS!
Meh, no one really hates us other than Devils, Isles, Pens, and Flyer fans.

Last edited by New York RKY: 04-17-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Team names
Old
04-17-2012, 10:21 AM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Hey as long as you can be slightly non homerish (which you haven't been homerish in the slightest) your always welcome here. Its those fans who come trollin' sayin' Hags deserved a 15 games suspension that I want to smash with with a ballpeen hammer.
I think that anyone coming over here from the opposing team should be mindful of their bias and talk hockey. We're all homers of our teams, which is why we are fans. Certain posters have come over and have been cool, and I don't know what people are talking about but in our post game talk I think the tone has been one of admiration for Hank and the Rangers...it was a good game, Ottawa played very well but could not score. One of the worst feelings to be shut out in your own building.

I really don't think anyone actually hates Boyle either. I think you have to admire a guy who has been villified (rightfully) and stil playing a huge role. He has my respect. Honestly it is tough to hate the Rangers after watching the HBO series, a good group of guys that look close knit and it obviously explains why you guys love your team so much. I wish HBO did something on our team (dream on!).

No question we lost out on the Hagelin-Alfredsson scratches tonight. Very hard to not have our captain in the lineup due to a headshot. I know he has been suspended but we are still suffering without Alfie.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:30 AM
TankLarkin

Quote:
Wouldn't have it any other way.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:46 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I think that anyone coming over here from the opposing team should be mindful of their bias and talk hockey. We're all homers of our teams, which is why we are fans. Certain posters have come over and have been cool, and I don't know what people are talking about but in our post game talk I think the tone has been one of admiration for Hank and the Rangers...it was a good game, Ottawa played very well but could not score. One of the worst feelings to be shut out in your own building.

I really don't think anyone actually hates Boyle either. I think you have to admire a guy who has been villified (rightfully) and stil playing a huge role. He has my respect. Honestly it is tough to hate the Rangers after watching the HBO series, a good group of guys that look close knit and it obviously explains why you guys love your team so much. I wish HBO did something on our team (dream on!).

No question we lost out on the Hagelin-Alfredsson scratches tonight. Very hard to not have our captain in the lineup due to a headshot. I know he has been suspended but we are still suffering without Alfie.
I have to admit, you are pretty subtle with your trolling.

Closed Thread