HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Season

Old
04-16-2012, 11:58 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
I'm not convinced any of Gal, Grigs or Forsberg is ready to make the jump from Junior to NHL. I'm not even sure Nail is ready, he seems kind of small.
Looking at what RNH and Stamkos accomplished coming out of junior without NHL strenght I don't really think it matters with that level of talent.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Ginu

My Habs 2012-2013 PLAYOFF Roster - what it would take for us to win based on what we see in this year's playoffs

Hartnell - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Desharnais
Moen - Eller - Tootoo
Talbot - Staubitz - White

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Allen - Tinordi

It's not realistic but it's what we'd need to get through this war. We're not ready for a war, we're ready for a fast run through a park.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:12 PM
uocooco

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Semin
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Moen - Eller - Gionta (?)
McLeod - White - Staubitz

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
X - Diaz

X = Trade Bourque for a Veteran D-Man, or just sign one if available

uocooco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Dashboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Beckham View Post
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Semin
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Moen - Eller - Gionta (?)
McLeod - White - Staubitz

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
X - Diaz

X = Trade Bourque for a Veteran D-Man, or just sign one if available
What are you smoking... Kostitsyn...? Guess you missed the last month of the season

Dashboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:44 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
What are you smoking... Kostitsyn...? Guess you missed the last month of the season
AK's only coming back if RC's resigned as coach.

He loved being on the 4th line, with hardly any PP time, hardly any 3rd period minutes and no overtime shifts. He loved RC's press conferences and he loved being Benny Brunet's focus, day in, day out. Yep, he's coming back to the circus for sure.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Valois

Quote:
I think he means because he's a UFA. But I do agree I feel like he might not want to resign. I'd love it if he did though.

Valois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:54 PM
habitue*

Can we do a 2018-19 season line combos ?

That would be as accurate as what we can read here in this thread.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:37 PM
uocooco

Quote:
I don't know what you mean... Kostitsyn is an UFA and he's a beast right now for Nashville (He's playing a lot + on the PP, in Montreal he had no PP time and was on the 3rd line...)

Old
04-16-2012, 06:30 PM
katatoniak

I cant wait to see what ind of season Gionta will have next year ... I miss him

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Beckham View Post
I don't know what you mean... Kostitsyn is an UFA and he's a beast right now for Nashville (He's playing a lot + on the PP, in Montreal he had no PP time and was on the 3rd line...)
If he's such a beast in Nashville, I think they'll do everything to re-sign him.

1)Played on the third line because he's an inconsistent 15-20 goal scorer + crappy with Plekanec.
2)No PP time cause he didn't do **** to deserve any.

Come on, AK was given so many chances in the top 6, he played there most of his time in Montreal.

But...but...but he had a crazy streak of 6 points in 6 games at the beginning of last year. And then he started floating for the next 10 games and was put in the doghouse.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:17 PM
uocooco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
If he's such a beast in Nashville, I think they'll do everything to re-sign him.

1)Played on the third line because he's an inconsistent 15-20 goal scorer + crappy with Plekanec.

Come on, AK was given so many chances in the top 6, he played there most of his time in Montreal.

But...but...but he had a crazy streak of 6 points in 6 games at the beginning of last year. And then he started floating for the next 10 games and was put in the doghouse.
Crappy with Plekanec? Not really.

In 2010 he was playing well with Cammy and him.
In 2008 with Kovalev...

Give Kostitsyn somebody skilled who can follow him (like Semin) and he'll be great. Just like this year how he had chemistry with Eller because he's skilled and plays the same way.
Right now he's playing with Legwand (Plekanec is better) and Radulov (the skilled winger) and it's working.

Of course if he plays with Plekanec and freaking Rene Bourque or Mathieu Darche he won't succeed...

Old
04-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

If Weber and Suter sign long-term I think he'll be the odd man out. If not, they'll probably have cap space for him.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:55 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

The things I really want to see are a Moen-Eller-Gionta checking line, Bourque playing with DD-Cole, and Pac playing Pleks, as well a White-Geoffrion-Staubitz 4th line. that means:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-????
Bourque-DD-Cole
Moen-Eller-Gionta
White-Geoffrion-Staubitz

Still need that winger to lead the charge. I definitely wouldn't be against going all in for Yakupov or trying to flip the pick for a #1 winger type.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
The things I really want to see are a Moen-Eller-Gionta checking line, Bourque playing with DD-Cole, and Pac playing Pleks, as well a White-Geoffrion-Staubitz 4th line. that means:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-????
Bourque-DD-Cole
Moen-Eller-Gionta
White-Geoffrion-Staubitz

Still need that winger to lead the charge. I definitely wouldn't be against going all in for Yakupov or trying to flip the pick for a #1 winger type.
i like those lines a lot!

if bourque can get going he can be good. Davey could be the guy to do it.

Give pleks Maxpac and then find someone else to fit in there and we got 2 great scoring lines and a dangerous checking line.

4th line is a solid banger

now gotta fix defense!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Forsead

I don't see the Habs getting one of the biggest UFA (Parise, Suter, Semin)

But I think this lineup would be realist :

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
P-A Parenteau ($3.250m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
Brandon Prust ($1.700m) / Lars Eller ($1.700m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Ryan White ($0.800m) / Petteri Nokelainen ($0.700m) / Travis Moen ($1.600m)
Blake Geoffrion ($0.800m) / Brad Staubitz ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Jason Garrison ($4.500m)
Bryan Allen ($2.700m) / P.K. Subban ($3.250m)
Alexei Emelin ($1.800m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Raphael Diaz ($1.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($5.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.150m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,508,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,791,667

Signing :

Parenteau : I know I'm not his biggest fan, but he bring speed and a pretty good skillset and he would add talent on the team. If he isn't too greedy this could be a good signing since he is a pretty good point producer (I know that he could be the next Leino, but that's a gamble).

Prust : Physical bottom 6 winger that can play physical, hit fight, bring enery and good defensive and PK abilities. Also, he is a decent point producer and his girlfriend is living in Mtl.

Garrison : The most important signing the guy isn't very experienced but he is impressive. He is a big minutes guy that can log tough assigments and play safe hockey in his zone. He is also very mobile, a good puck mover he own a hard left handed shot (think about Markov on the PP). He also got a pretty good size and he play a gritty brand of hockey by hitting and blocking shot. He would bring something Hamrlik was bringing us.

Allen : A defensive steady stay-at-home defenseman, he also got huge size and he play a physical by hitting and fighting and clearing the front of the net. He could be sign without costing too much and he would need to be sign on the short term (I'm thinking about 2 years), because Tinordi will have the same exact role and spot on the team.

The forward group has a good balance with three scoring line that can play against anybody and a grinding line. The depth is way better and you can also play Staubitz if there is any problems, then again in a team with Allen, Moen, White and Prust on the ice I don't see any more intimidation. The wolfpack mentality would be built with theses players. This is a bigger forward group and more gritty than what whe are used too. Plus, it means youngs players like Leblanc would start in Hamilton which is ideal IMO for them.

This is a meaner defensive squad that will be hard to play against and still have nice puck moving skills and PP talent. If there is any injuried player St-Denis is a nice calleup. Carey Price would be much more protected.

Gomez, Kaberle and Weber would need to be dealt though which isn't the easiest thing.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:42 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
i like those lines a lot!

if bourque can get going he can be good. Davey could be the guy to do it.

Give pleks Maxpac and then find someone else to fit in there and we got 2 great scoring lines and a dangerous checking line.

4th line is a solid banger

now gotta fix defense!
The defense is in transition, but overall I think it's in damn good shape. Just need a stop gap or 2 as Tinordi, Ellis, and Beaulieu develop.

And considering who we have in goal going forward, goes to show we really aren't that far away personnel wise from being back to where we were a year ago...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:28 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
I cant wait to see what ind of season Gionta will have next year ... I miss him
Just getting 20 to 25 goals from him would be tremendous. He was missed dearly most year and would really help spread the goal scoring over more than one line next year if he's healthy.

Anyone else thinks it would be best if Leblanc started in the AHL? This way he can be a leader to the plethoria of young players going to Hamilton next year and he can dominate the AHL. We can probably sign a player to play his role for a year or two then move someone who sucks (like Mister Bourque, Rene) when Leblanc is 100% NHL ready.

No need to rush him.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Stradale

Quote:

1) Then who in our line up deserved more than AK to play on the top 6 this season with Gionta injured.

2)Who deserved to play on the PP over AK this season except the obvious ones of course.

3)Actually, I don't even mind that he plays on the third line, with limited ice-time and PP because he still managed to produce.

4)Don't try to be an smart-ass. AK was on pace for 30 goals, playing mostly on the third line, with Eller, after the first 25 games (10G) of the season, NOT 6, 25 games. NOT 6. 25 games. NOT 6. Get it? 25 games. Mostly on the third line. 25 games. Which is 30% of the season. Sorry I have to repeat a couple of times because you don't seem to understand. 25 games. Im not saying that he could have kept that pace til the end of the season but even if he slows down and score 10 more goals in the remaining 57 games, that would still give him another 20 goals season, playing basically on a third line.

I wish I have the stats of how well AK produced when he was paired with Eller just so you smart ass hater will understand that all AK needs is stability on a line. He didn't ask for the moon. Just give him a center that he has chemistry to play with, even if its on the third line with 13-15 minutes per games. You probably already forgot but AK-Eller-Moen was one of our best line for a while.

So before repeating always the same thing, try to understand the situation. Before saying that because he was inconsistent, he deserved to play on the 4th line. Before saying that he didn't play much on the PP because he didn't deserved it. Maybe you should ask, who in our line up would a better option than AK in the top 6/9 and PP. Let me remind you that Plekanec had to play with Moen, Darche and White on his line for some games while AK was playing with our worst center on our 4th line, 5min a game.

Edit: Also, crappy with Plekanec you say? Boy you have really short memory, or hate simply blinded you. AK had his "break-out" season with Plekanec. Just last season, he started the season with Plekanec and Cammalleri in the first 10-12 games, and Gionta-Plekanec for the next 10-12, he managed to get 18pts in the first 24 games of the season. JM then decided to help Gomez by putting AK, who was one of our best winger back then, on his wing, that when things got nasty. Yep, that Gomez again, who will mess with AK season again later in the season (0g-0a-0pt -7 in 7 games) before JM decides to pair AK and Eller for the first time, he then went 7 games point streak with 9pts.

Last edited by Stradale: 04-17-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Balk
Healthy Scratch

I would be okay with bringing AK back. I was never a fan of letting him go. He is still a 20 goal scorer for just over 3 million.

As far as streaky wingers go, AK is more talented and more physical then Bourque.

Why not bring him back to play with Pleks and Gionta or another RW?

Balk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Kriss E

Considering our lack of depth on the wings, if we don't target Semin or Parise, then AK becomes a good option.
However, with the way he's performed in Nashville, I'm sure they'll try to sign him.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Aeneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Considering our lack of depth on the wings, if we don't target Semin or Parise, then AK becomes a good option.
However, with the way he's performed in Nashville, I'm sure they'll try to sign him.
I dont know the stats on players being traded and re-signing with the team, I know i wouldnt want to go back to a team that traded me, however it will be a new GM + Coach, so it all depends how much they could persuade him, not expecting huge changes next year but IF AK came back would like to see

AK-Plek-Gionta
Pac-DD-Cole
Bourque-Eller-Moen
Geoffrion-White-Darche
Staubitz

Getting a winger for plek-gionta line will be key, they dont need to be a huge signing like parise, semin, i wouldnt mind signing Parenteau if he is available i would prefer an older player to a short-term contract, because we will have some young forwards developing as well that im sure will progress at different levels respectably but: Leblanc, Gallagher, Bournival, Kristo, ( 3rd overall pick), and outside chance for Holland

Only thing i worry about on Defense is Kabrele, if he can come back to something close to what he used to be, we could have a very effective PMD-corps w/ subban markov kabrele, diaz, beaulieu on his way up....a big tough stop-gap Dman would be useful until prospects: Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis Develop, but i think were likely to see something like

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Kabrele-Diaz

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:27 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Will never happen but would love a line of Pacioretty-J. Staal-B. Ryan

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:21 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post
I dont know the stats on players being traded and re-signing with the team, I know i wouldnt want to go back to a team that traded me, however it will be a new GM + Coach, so it all depends how much they could persuade him, not expecting huge changes next year but IF AK came back would like to see

AK-Plek-Gionta
Pac-DD-Cole

Bourque-Eller-Moen
Geoffrion-White-Darche
Staubitz

Getting a winger for plek-gionta line will be key, they dont need to be a huge signing like parise, semin, i wouldnt mind signing Parenteau if he is available i would prefer an older player to a short-term contract, because we will have some young forwards developing as well that im sure will progress at different levels respectably but: Leblanc, Gallagher, Bournival, Kristo, ( 3rd overall pick), and outside chance for Holland

Only thing i worry about on Defense is Kabrele, if he can come back to something close to what he used to be, we could have a very effective PMD-corps w/ subban markov kabrele, diaz, beaulieu on his way up....a big tough stop-gap Dman would be useful until prospects: Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis Develop, but i think were likely to see something like

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Kabrele-Diaz
Are these lines the one we should have had this season...

You're dreaming big time if you think AK will sign back with the Habs.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:20 PM
InTheWrist

Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / Lars Eller ($1.500m) / P-A Parenteau ($3.000m)
Travis Moen ($2.250m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Brad Staubitz ($0.650m) / Petteri Nokelainen ($0.650m) / Ryan White ($0.800m)
Mike Blunden ($0.700m) /

Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($4.000m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($1.750m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) / Mark Fistric ($1.650m)
Raphael Diaz ($0.900m) /

Carey Price ($5.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,708,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $5,591,667

Trade: Weber + 3rd/4th for Fistric
One eye firmly planted on 2013 free agency

InTheWrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 03:00 PM
BigHabs

I don't understand with a majority of people splitting up:

Pacioretty Desharnais Cole

Why mess with a good thing. It was the only bright light of this team this year. They should keep a good thing going.

They should look at either trades or free agency to play with Plekanec and Eller.

Makes no sense to split 3 60pt players who thrived together.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote