HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Mother ****ing Boyle

Old
04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
He disappeared for basically an entire season (last half of last season, and the first half of this one)

I don't think we have anything but a good third liner who's playing his ass off. I really can't expect him to keep up this production the entire playoffs, let alone an entire season.

It amuses me people think him suddenly showing up justifies his atrocious first half of the season. You can't produce like he was and get the ice time he was as well and not deserve criticism. I like Boyle and think he's a great glue guy for this team, but let's not pretend he's anything more than he is. Just ride the hot streak while it lasts and enjoy it.
I agree with this post, but I will add the following.

For me, players that have terribad regular seasons have the ability to negate the Regular Seasons numbers with good playoffs.

Brian Boyle is the perfect example of that.

It's obvious that this series is going to be won by the grinders and Boyle is doing one hell of a job negating his regluar season performance in this one series alone. He continues to play well and we win this series, I would put him in the classification of being even on the year.

That said, Brandon Dubinsky still has time to do the same. Help the team win a series with some stellar play and you to can be at even footing.

I have not been a Boyle fan at all, but he is playing lights out and a very close second biggest reason we are up 2-1 in this series.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:05 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I don't think we have anything but a good third liner who's playing his ass off. I really can't expect him to keep up this production the entire playoffs, let alone an entire season.

It amuses me people think him suddenly showing up justifies his atrocious first half of the season. You can't produce like he was and get the ice time he was as well and not deserve criticism. I like Boyle and think he's a great glue guy for this team, but let's not pretend he's anything more than he is. Just ride the hot streak while it lasts and enjoy it.
Yes, but what he is is not the 4th line waiver-wire player that many of his critics purported him to be. He is a solid 3rd line player who plays EXACTLY the way his coach demands him to play.

He is giving the Ragners what is necessary in the playoffs. Some timely scoring from the bottom-2 lines. And he has gotten into the heads of the other team by using his natural size.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

I'm not saying the the Captain Morgan goatee.

But its the Captain Morgan goatee.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
I'm not saying the the Captain Morgan goatee.

But its the Captain Morgan goatee.
Or the dude from V is for Vendetta.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:35 AM
SPG

Where are all the Boyle haters now??

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:37 AM
darko

Half of this board wanted him gone couple months ago. Lol how things change. Lots of people eating crow right now.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:44 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
LOL at miserable first half.

Maybe offensively. But he was fine as a role player, which is his main role. He's taken his game to another level lately.
Agree completely. The haters turn a blind eye to his penalty killing, shot blocking, and overall defensive play. Not every player needs to be a 30 goal scorer to be an effective member of the team. People get so caught up in fantasy numbers these days it's ridiculous.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:06 AM
bogans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I've been hard on Boyle all season, so in return I request that he gives me the Karlsson treatment.
It was understandable the way that snake had bitten him for most of the year, but there is no denying now that Brian Boyle is a very good third line center. And as I said to you and others many times, I believe one of the best third line centers in the game today.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:07 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Agree completely. The haters turn a blind eye to his penalty killing, shot blocking, and overall defensive play. Not every player needs to be a 30 goal scorer to be an effective member of the team. People get so caught up in fantasy numbers these days it's ridiculous.
People expected him to score at least 10-15 goals especially after putting up 21 last year. If he didn't go on that hot streak at the end of the year he would have never reached 10. A 3rd liner should be at least in that 10-15 range. 5 goals (which he had through 72 games) is subpar for the position. People had every right to be upset at his offensive performance throughout the season.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Wearing the broadway hat seals it. This is begging to be photoshoped...

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:20 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
People expected him to score at least 10-15 goals especially after putting up 21 last year. If he didn't go on that hot streak at the end of the year he would have never reached 10. A 3rd liner should be at least in that 10-15 range. 5 goals (which he had through 72 games) is subpar for the position. People had every right to be upset at his offensive performance throughout the season.
Now we are discounting "hot streaks" as part of the stats? You said expectations were 10-15 goals, and he scored 11.

Ok... then Gaborik only scored 20.

I agree his offensive performance wasn't great. Never said it was. Go back and read my post again.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:33 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Now we are discounting "hot streaks" as part of the stats? You said expectations were 10-15 goals, and he scored 11.

Ok... then Gaborik only scored 20.

I agree his offensive performance wasn't great. Never said it was. Go back and read my post again.
You said not everyone is a 30 goal scorer. I was point out that his offensive stats were subpar and that's why he was bashed. Sure, you're right, the non-stat based items he was great at, however, you make it out like people talked crap about him all year. I hardly remember any Boyle bashing threads. The reason why I mention a streak is because for over 85% of the season he had 5 goals. Then he went on this crazy run that he's still on now. It's like night and day, two different players.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:58 AM
bogans

Quote:
You said not everyone is a 30 goal scorer. I was point out that his offensive stats were subpar and that's why he was bashed. Sure, you're right, the non-stat based items he was great at, however, you make it out like people talked crap about him all year. I hardly remember any Boyle bashing threads. The reason why I mention a streak is because for over 85% of the season he had 5 goals. Then he went on this crazy run that he's still on now. It's like night and day, two different players.
There were a number of Boyle bashing threads this season, especially late. Just search the forum for his name in the title. Meanwhile the guy was doing everything other than scoring that the team needed including shutting down the other team's top players and playing at least half the time NYR was short handed. Many people in this day an age approach sports from a fantasy perspective rather than seeing the true value player brings to the team.

I mean, just look through this thread at how many guys admit they were Boyle bashers all year long, and take into consideration the number of regular posters who did the same thing, but are not volunteering their names for a plate of crow.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
Or the dude from V is for Vendetta.
Haha! Sec. 406 posted 2 Boyle t shirt ideas:

Last edited by Ruotsalainen29: 04-17-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Miller Time NYR

Soo glad we paid him last offseason doing a hell of a job in the playoffs, winning a ton of defensive zone face offs and doing all the little things right. Keep on keepin on boyler

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:13 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...villain-ottawa

KANATA, Ontario -- Even as Brian Boyle made his way up a flight of stairs to the press conference room after the Rangers' 1-0 win Monday night, he wasn't immune from Senators fans' taunts. As he gripped the team's MVP Broadway hat in hand and made his way up to the podium, he shared the latest barb lobbed his way.

"That guy said I [stunk]," he said, sounding amused.

Underhill?

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel varnsen View Post

wearing the broadway hat seals it. This is begging to be photoshoped...
....i am....

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 View Post

....laughing my A$$ OFF!!

Old
04-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Pizza

Quote:

.....still laughing.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
JT Kreider

Top story on ESPN? Better get there quick enough to check before they realize their mistake

JT Kreider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:33 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Where are all the Boyle haters now??
Haven't gone anywhere.

I'm giving him credit, but I have not gone anywhere.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Half of this board wanted him gone couple months ago. Lol how things change. Lots of people eating crow right now.
Actually no.

Very few people are willing to admit that they had a very narrow view of what Boyle brings to the ice, bench and room all season long.

But when you only focus on one or two things and forget about everything else, That's easy. Path of lease resistance.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:34 AM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 View Post

Lmao! If I was rich I would wear this to the next game.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Haven't gone anywhere.

I'm giving him credit, but I have not gone anywhere.
I just don't get this....but...what ever. We each spend our time as we choose.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:43 AM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
Top story on ESPN? Better get there quick enough to check before they realize their mistake
!

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote