HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

Jim Robson Divisional Quarterfinals: Pittsburgh vs. Winnipeg

Old
04-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Rob Scuderi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I think Winnipeg could have pulled it off with a better defensive anchor on the second pairing. I think Svedberg is a fantastic second pairing offensive defenseman, but his defense is questionable - he was a converted forward and it showed (at both ends of the ice). And I dont think Magnuson has the credentials to carry the D for his pairing.

I though Winnipeg was very well suited to shutting down the Lindros line, and with it the majority of Phillie's secondary scoring. But I saw the Orr-Richard-Geoffrion trio just ripping apart Magnuson and even Sawchuk can't stop everything. Datsyuk would help a ton against Orr but cant do everything.

I did have this series going 7 and it wasn't one of the easier ones for me to decide - for every weakness in one of these teams, another strength emerged. But jkrx, I do think lack of a strong #2 defenseman was your one major weakness.
Too soon

If we could have voted on our own I wouldn't have done less than 6 for sure. I thought this was a rough matchup for the first round after the regular season voting, but luckily the voters saved me from another few games of Stevens pounding Lindros or Orr. I think the idea of being "rested" in an ATD playofff setting is a bit hollow, but I could see how my squad would particularly be impacted by a string of long series.

Rob Scuderi is offline   Reply With Quote