HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Sens - Game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 10:51 AM
nyrage

vCash: 500
Everyone talks about the King stealing the game for the Rangers, but what would the score have been had Anderson not stood on his head, too or if most of the Rangers didn't play with stone hands.

We had a ton of great scoring chances (Cally, Dubi, Krieder, etc) plus several more opportunities that we didn't take advantage of. e.g. Del Zotto was slow to react without the puck on a few plays like in the PP in the first period when he was slow to go to the backdoor and the rebound was there for him on an open net.

I felt very comfortable with the way we played except for netting a couple of those opportunities. Let Ottawa keep bombing from the perimeter. We just have to work on clearing the puck instead of always going off the boards and passing it right to their point.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:58 AM
kovazub94

Read the whole thread and a lot of good points have been made. One thing no one mentioned was the strong play of Anisimov. I'm a big fan of Artie, duh, but I'm still a bit surprised with how assertive he has looked so far in the play-offs and particularly his play yesterday during the 2nd period. To me it looked like he was on the ice every other shift and thoroughly involved (it definitely helped him being shifted back to center) and making good plays in all three zones.

Separately, it seems to be fashionable right now to criticize Stepan and he definitely deserve his share of criticism but I thought he played better yesterday compared to game 2 so hopefully he can build on this going forward. We need to keep in mind that he just recently avoided being seriously injured and he still might have a lesser level leg injury and that he is playing through pain.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Easy. 2 consecutive Finals apperances. Very hard to do that. He is better than Niemi.
His stat line in the playoffs/regular season is actually worse/on par with Niemi.

Fleury REG SEASON Save percentage: .909
Niemi REG SEASON Save percentage: .916

Fleury Playoffs Save Percentage: .905
Niemi Playoffs Save Percentage: .904

Stats tell me Niemi is a better goalie. Imagine him with the 2 best players in the world.

Fleury is Chris Osgood lite.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Affinity

Kreider didn't score on his first shift? BUST!

Old
04-17-2012, 11:07 AM
bubba5

We played ol but I think we were a little lucky to win. Need to be much better next game.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:10 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Meh, no one really hates us other than Devils, Isles, Pens, and Flyer fans.
You forgot Bettman and Shanahan.And maybe the above 30 crowd of Vancouver.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Let's be honest here fellas...

We need to have much more puck possession next game otherwise we are coming home tied 2-2. Last night's win is example A+++++ as to how and why goaltending is so important in the playoffs. Forget the zany wacked out Penguins/Flyers pin ball series...that aint true playoff hockey...it isn't. Last night King Henrik put on an effin clinic as he absolutaly stole that game by himself. Sure he had great support from the rest of the boys but let's be real here...this was Henrik doing us all a solid.

I still can't get over it and still thinking about probably the best 1-0 game I've ever seen from a Ranger standpoint. Also been watching hockey for 40 years now and it it's aybe one of the top 5 performances I've seen from a goalie in my lifetime...it was that insane. What's nuts is that Anderson was almost as good...who knew?. We need to be better is the bottom line but it bodes well that we figured out a way to get the W, in a hostile environment and despite getting thouroughly outplayed which is something we've done quite a bit this year. I'd take 2-2 heading home but have to think in order for us to go up 3-1, we need our top line to take over....we'll see.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:47 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

RANGERS =
Old
04-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Dylonus

#freehags

Just thought you'd guys get a kick out of this

Old
04-17-2012, 11:51 AM
frankthefrowner

haha i love new york papers.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Adams gets 1 game for pulling Hartnell's hair and Carkner gets 1 game for throw 6 punches when a guy is lying defenseless on the ice?

Old
04-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Adams gets 1 game for pulling Hartnell's hair and Carkner gets 1 game for throw 6 punches when a guy is lying defenseless on the ice?
He got one game for fighting too late in the game. If he gets more then it'll be for the hair pulling.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
He got one game for fighting too late in the game. If he gets more then it'll be for the hair pulling.
I know I was being sarcastic...

Old
04-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Cmox

Quote:
I know I was being sarcastic...
Haha, sorry

Old
04-17-2012, 12:39 PM
ThirdEye

We got outshot, but imo we had the much better scoring chances. I'll take that any day

How many shots did the Sens have from right in front of Hank? Barely any. They were just pounding away from the corners and the slots. I don't think they had one odd man rush our way, mean while we had like 4 or 5 including 2 breakaways. If it wasn't for Anderson we would have put them away before the third period. Hopefully next time they finish

Old
04-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Haha, sorry
Should they suspend Crosby for fighting like a girl?

Old
04-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
We got outshot, but imo we had the much better scoring chances. I'll take that any day

How many shots did the Sens have from right in front of Hank? Barely any. They were just pounding away from the corners and the slots. I don't think they had one odd man rush our way, mean while we had like 4 or 5 including 2 breakaways. If it wasn't for Anderson we would have put them away before the third period. Hopefully next time they finish
Best chance was Turris's rebound which was an astounding save...

Old
04-17-2012, 12:48 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Best chance was Turris's rebound which was an astounding save...
Yup, but other than that they didn't have that many great chances.

I'd still like for them to lower the shots against, but as long as they keep them shooting from bad angles and from far out we'll win the series.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
SauceCheese91

Agreed with the poster above me a ways up, Anisimov has looked SOLID. Arty is making defensive plays, but most importantly he actually looks very calm and fast cutting through center across the Sens blue line. That play he made yesterday to set up Dubi was a very nice pass by him as well.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Yup, but other than that they didn't have that many great chances.

I'd still like for them to lower the shots against, but as long as they keep them shooting from bad angles and from far out we'll win the series.
Agreed for 39 saves Hank wasn't too challenged...

Old
04-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I have to admit, you are pretty subtle with your trolling.
Thats not a troll, its the truth.

04-17-2012, 12:57 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
I have to admit, you are pretty subtle with your trolling.
Was he not villified in Ottawa? He sure was. Public Enemy No. 1 yadda yadda. It is not trolling, it is what I believe and I commend him for rising above and being a major factor. You are overly sensitive to anything that remotely resembles an opposite opinion.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:18 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
I think you have to admire a guy who has been villified (rightfully)
The issue is I have is with you saying he was rightfully vilified. For what? For a scrum after the whistle. Most Ranger fans think that the sens and their fans overreacted to nothing. So to come into the rangers board and tell us that he was rightfully vilified is ********, and I am not the only one to think this, unfortunately another post supporting that was deleted by a mod.

Then you have this doosy earlier in this thread:

Quote:

Please, the one loser who cuts up MAF...the guy has two Finals appearances and a Cup Ring. Shut up. Hank still has a lot to prove. A lot. To me, he is a great goalie but he needs to go far in the playoffs.
That was in the middle of a post where you praised the rangers, so your trolling is still there, like I said though a little subtle. Honestly, you come onto the Rangers forum and tell us to shut up because you are a fan of one of our main division rival's goalie.

Oh and here is what Jamie Mclennan thinks of your precious Fleury:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=63273

MARC-ANDRE FLEURY (PIT)
P2P RATING: 1
Game Stats: 22/28, .785%
McLennan Says: "Zero rating not available, body language = defeated. BRENT JOHNSON - 1 -killed time for the Pens."

It is a little more than a difference of opinion, I am fine with a difference of opinion, but don't expect me to sit back while you call us losers, tell us to shut up, and that Boyle was rightfully vilified.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:34 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
The issue is I have is with you saying he was rightfully vilified. For what? For a scrum after the whistle. Most Ranger fans think that the sens and their fans overreacted to nothing. So to come into the rangers board and tell us that he was rightfully vilified is ********, and I am not the only one to think this, unfortunately another post supporting that was deleted by a mod.

Then you have this doosy earlier in this thread:

That was in the middle of a post where you praised the rangers, so your trolling is still there, like I said though a little subtle. Honestly, you come onto the Rangers forum and tell us to shut up because you are a fan of one of our main division rival's goalie.

Oh and here is what Jamie Mclennan thinks of your precious Fleury:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=63273

MARC-ANDRE FLEURY (PIT)
P2P RATING: 1
Game Stats: 22/28, .785%
McLennan Says: "Zero rating not available, body language = defeated. BRENT JOHNSON - 1 -killed time for the Pens."

It is a little more than a difference of opinion, I am fine with a difference of opinion, but don't expect me to sit back while you call us losers, tell us to shut up, and that Boyle was rightfully vilified.
Boyle went directly to Karlsson and started hitting him. 5, 6, 7 times for the sole reason to push his weight around and playing his game which was part of the theme of Game 1. He is 6'7" and Karlsson is 5'11" 180. He is our star. In Ottawa, we hated what he did. The Ottawa Senators hated what he did. Bryan Murray and the coaching staff hated what he did. You think we are overreacting. I think that if Carkner (or someone his size) started belting one of your stars, I guess Gaborik in a similar fashion, what would your opinion be? Totally different I assume? Come on. So yes, in Ottawa he was public enemy no.1 and he was attacked for it . Twice.

I have already stated that I am not a fan of the Pens. I am a fan of the game and hold anyone who has won the Stanley Cup in the highest regard. The fact that he Penguins are imploding right now does not change the fact that Fleury has played a lot of playoff hockey, including trips to 2 Finals, winning once. So easy for you to besmirch him based on a puny sampling of 3 games, I don't. Hank hasn't been anywhere near what Fleury has accomplished in the NHL. If you are lucky enough to make it to the Finals, we will see how Hank handles the pressure and expectations and a Game 7.

Till then, yes, I think the comment on MAF was moronic. Again, you may not agree with my opinion but it has nothing to do with this series, a general hockey observation. How is it trolling if it isn't even about the Rangers?

Old
04-17-2012, 01:39 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Read the whole thread and a lot of good points have been made. One thing no one mentioned was the strong play of Anisimov. I'm a big fan of Artie, duh, but I'm still a bit surprised with how assertive he has looked so far in the play-offs and particularly his play yesterday during the 2nd period. To me it looked like he was on the ice every other shift and thoroughly involved (it definitely helped him being shifted back to center) and making good plays in all three zones.

Separately, it seems to be fashionable right now to criticize Stepan and he definitely deserve his share of criticism but I thought he played better yesterday compared to game 2 so hopefully he can build on this going forward. We need to keep in mind that he just recently avoided being seriously injured and he still might have a lesser level leg injury and that he is playing through pain.
Agreed about Anisimov. He was quietly great last night. He was winning puck battles, possessing the puck, getting it in deep. He used his size last night big time. He was doing the things late in the game that need to be done to win a stanley cup.

I'm not worried about Stepan. He is a gamer. He will come around and be big for us at some point.

Closed Thread