HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCQF Gm#3 KINGS vs CANUCKS, 4/15/12 KINGS WIN 1-0, Lead Series 3-0 !!!

Old
04-17-2012, 10:16 AM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
What doeseveryone think about the extra day off? Who does it benefit most?
I think that it helps the sucks more as it allows Daniel to come back. If the game was today he wouldn't be elligable to play as (i believe) league protocal says he has to wait a week to practise after a set back, and that they must practice before they can play.
It does help us out with Richardson, Clifford and lokitinov.
For resting injured players, I think neither team benefits more than the other; except that VAN would get the better player back. I do think the extra day will help the Kings get some more prep work done. The Canucks threw everything they had at the Kings last game and came up empty. I think the extra day gives the coaching staff more time to figure out a way to take advantage of the home ice last change rule.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Don't know if it's been posted yet:

"Kevin Bieksa ‏ @kbieksa3
Good re-group day today for the boys! Lots of team bonding... Got these guys right where we want them!!"

By 'Got these guys right where we want them!!', do you mean one win away from sending your ***es to the golf course?
They're still in the first stage of denial. They'll go through the rest of the stages when the Kings go ahead in game 4. Kings just gotta keep playing their game.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
What doeseveryone think about the extra day off? Who does it benefit most?
I think that it helps the sucks more as it allows Daniel to come back. If the game was today he wouldn't be elligable to play as (i believe) league protocal says he has to wait a week to practise after a set back, and that they must practice before they can play.
It does help us out with Richardson, Clifford and lokitinov.
Most players don't come back that great from a concussion. Especially in a playoff envirnoment. Even if Daniel scores tomorrow, who else is going to score for them?

I think the extra day will benefit the Kings more since Vancouver has been on top of their game, they just aren't getting to the middle. The Kings will have extra time to figure out how to beat the Vancouver forecheck. The Kings did it a couple of times on Sunday, but Brown fumbled the puck on the 2-on-1 and then Brown failed to score on the 3-on-1. The Kings should be able to exploit the aggressive pinch by Vancouver and an extra day of video should help improve their breakout.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
What is up with the Big Red dog?
Anyone heard anything?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Theav8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I have watched this at least a hundred times...and I still laugh uncontrollably...I showed it to my 10 yr old son who I took to his first play-off game the other night, and he was on the floor rolling!

My son then went to his room and drew a picture of Mitchell and Kesler behind the net with a banana peel on the ice!! I love how my son gets it too!!!

Theav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
What is up with the Big Red dog?
Anyone heard anything?
I'm sure we will hear something once practice starts. Another hour or so.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKing17 View Post
Thank you! I was so irritated with NBCSN for not letting me see the intro!
Someone post the intro on youtube.

That's a GREAT intro, love the black eyed keyes!

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:31 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

To be honest this Vancouver confidence scares the **** out of me even though they have no other choice then to believe... and Kings when having their future in their own hands reminds me of the two ending games of the season.

I'm a nervewreck.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:31 PM
fyrescorp

I think it's pretty risky to put Sedin back in to such a hard hitting series. One big clean hit and he just might forget his home address for good. Potentially it could be a distraction to the Canucks by having to keep an eye out for his well being.

fyrescorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

If he does play, I hope Brown hits him with the same kind of hit that he hit is brother with last game. I don't want to see him injured but I want to see him in pain and regret his decision to play. I certainly wouldn't advocate Westgarth giving him the Bitzness. That would be wrong.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:40 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
To be honest this Vancouver confidence scares the **** out of me even though they have no other choice then to believe... and Kings when having their future in their own hands reminds me of the two ending games of the season.

I'm a nervewreck.
I'd be inclined to agree except Vancouver played their best game of the series and laid an egg in game 3. The Kings hold an extraordinary psychological sdvantage.

I think even if the kings slip a little bit mentally I think Vancouver is going to have a hard time beating them 4 times in a row.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Ollie Weeks

The day off helps Sedin, but it also helps Carter, and I know who's healthier at this very moment. Not to mention Cliffy and Richardson.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Vancouver press matches the headline "Nasty Hockey Shouldn't Be Surprising" with a picture of Brown skating away after the Henrik Sedin hit.

Link Here. Pretending That Brown Made a Dirty Hit

The writer admits (way down deep in the article) that the hit wasn't dirty, but the way the article is laid out with that picture and headline says otherwise. See this is Exhibit A of why I can't stand the Canucks or anything about them. We need to take care of business and wipe them out in Game 4.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post

I'm a nervewreck.
They have nothing but confidence at this point. Don't have a win, haven't played good hockey, haven't even been able to take a game to OT. Don't worry. The series will be over tomorrow.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Winger23

I don't get why you guys are so nervous. Even if The 2nd sister comes back there is no way in hello they can win 4 straight.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:35 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
They have nothing but confidence at this point. Don't have a win, haven't played good hockey, haven't even been able to take a game to OT. Don't worry. The series will be over tomorrow.
Kings hockey like we saw in Game 1, and I agree.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:50 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Kobe should be resting that shin not hanging out at kings games!!

Old
04-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
I don't get why you guys are so nervous. Even if The 2nd sister comes back there is no way in hello they can win 4 straight.
Because this is the friggin Kings we are talking about. The friggin Kings of heartbreak is what they should be called. I'm optimistic they'll win tomorrow but I'm not as confident as some of you that this is all over. It will be over when I do a shot of Vancouver fan tears and tip a cab over.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:19 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Because this is the friggin Kings we are talking about. The friggin Kings of heartbreak is what they should be called. I'm optimistic they'll win tomorrow but I'm not as confident as some of you that this is all over. It will be over when I do a shot of Vancouver fan tears and tip a cab over.
This.

Pride always comes before the fall.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:28 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Exactly this and I guess our boys are more fragile then we want to admit. Thinking back on last two playoffs and last two games of the season and I'm ******** bricks.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:32 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Vancouver hadn't lost 3 games in a row all season. Pretty scary if you ask me.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:35 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

I cant remember if it was Telos or TonySCV (one of the mods for sure) said something a few weeks ago on here that I agreed with then I and still partially agree with.

Something to the effect of: The Kings only win when they absolutely have to and that taking a big series lead might be a disaster for the team.

Well, here it is. I guess we'll know in a few days.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:41 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Then we have to rely on that this team is different from what we have seen earlier in the season. Gods be.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:52 PM
mbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Vancouver hadn't lost 3 games in a row all season. Pretty scary if you ask me.
Quote:
I cant remember if it was Telos or TonySCV (one of the mods for sure) said something a few weeks ago on here that I agreed with then I and still partially agree with.

Something to the effect of: The Kings only win when they absolutely have to and that taking a big series lead might be a disaster for the team.

Geez. Let's be positive. The amount of doom and gloom around here regardless of if we are winning or losing is amazing. I guess that is what comes from 40+ years of non winning hockey.

This team we have today is built for these types of playoff games. We have a good shot at winning this series and we have a good shot of winning any series we are a part of based on the make up of our squad.

That's an unprecedented position to be in as a Kings fan. Instead of looking for the next problem let's just enjoy this best time of the year and cheer on our guys.

Last edited by mbar: 04-17-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: My previous language was childish
mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:

It was Live in the Now, and he is perfectly right.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote