HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Your thoughts when you first heard...

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 08:07 AM
Gros Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Watch out for that karpe tunnel syndrome. no idea if that's spelled even remotely like that.
Not to worry, I wear a brace and heavy-duty work gloves when I do some heavy lifting.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Watch out for that karpe tunnel syndrome. no idea if that's spelled even remotely like that.
Oh. And here I was ready to ascribe some miraculous medical intervention, saving GB in the middle of the stroke he was having... St. Jose... Carpal tunnel syndrome sounds like a more relevant response.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:10 AM
AD

Initially.. "We have a French and Swiss goalie tandem!!!!!"

After that... "I hope Theo doesn't win a cup with the Avs"

Now... "I can't believe Gainey got Lacroix to take on a 5,33 million dollar injured, non-confident goalie on Propecia!!!"

Old
03-09-2006, 08:16 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Oh. And here I was ready to ascribe some miraculous medical intervention, saving GB in the middle of the stroke he was having... St. Jose... Carpal tunnel syndrome sounds like a more relevant response.
Really, it's Carpal ? Why didn't I know that ? My brother had that, or pretended to,[hypochondriac, thinks he gets everything]. What the hell's happening to me ? In school, I was the geeky kid who was last man standing in spelling bees. Hmm, the fact that my schooling was from an era with spelling bees [or at least that term] might be part of the problem. Carpal, there's probably a joke about carpools in there somewhere but I'm too worried about my spelling to think of it. Back to Bill's sex life.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel
Two things went through my mind...

1- Next year, Pierre Lacroix will be spending around 9 millions on Theo & Breezer.

2- When you change your altitude, it changes everything.
Are you trying to suggest that PL was high last night? Or am i just reading too much into your use of italics?

Old
03-09-2006, 08:23 AM
nickel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave
Are you trying to suggest that PL was high last night? Or am i just reading too much into your use of italics?
I just had that Ford commercial in mind - a change of scenery might benefit Theodore.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:23 AM
AD

Quote:
Really, it's Carpal ? Why didn't I know that ? My brother had that, or pretended to,[hypochondriac, thinks he gets everything]. What the hell's happening to me ? In school, I was the geeky kid who was last man standing in spelling bees. Hmm, the fact that my schooling was from an era with spelling bees [or at least that term] might be part of the problem. Carpal, there's probably a joke about carpools in there somewhere but I'm too worried about my spelling to think of it. Back to Bill's sex life.
Carpal. as in the Carp (latin word for hand) as in Carpe Diem (seize the day for my latin challenged brothers)

The bones in the hands are called the carp and metacarps in the fingers...

Old
03-09-2006, 08:25 AM
LastChancePrice

My first tough?

woohooo!

I always tough we would be able to get only about a 2nd rounder for that disturbed goaltender....naaa.we go Aebischer

Old
03-09-2006, 08:42 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand
Carpal. as in the Carp (latin word for hand) as in Carpe Diem (seize the day for my latin challenged brothers)

The bones in the hands are called the carp and metacarps in the fingers...
Maybe I was mixed up because the injury can occur when your hand does a little too much 'seizing' [carpe] of something. Maybe,just maybe, there's been a debate about which spelling best suits the syndrome. Ever think about that ?

Going downstairs to slug my wife because she accused me of not admitting when I'm wrong.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:54 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
YES! YES! YES! THANK YOU BOB!

That was my initial reaction. I still feel that way.
My reaction exactly, I didn't think BG could find a taker for an injured, over-priced,
poorly performing goalie so I was quite shocked but happy to unload his contract
giving BG some cap room which will give him flexibility for other deals. I'm not worried at all with Theo in Colorado, he's no Roy.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Raider917

vCash: 179
it was complete shock with me, it tooks hours to settle in. istill cant believe that Colorado did this.

Old
03-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Hockeymom67

I'm kind of sad because I have faith that Theo will be good again and that he won't be with us at that point but time is crucial and truthfully Montreal fans will never accept him again so....Best of luck to him ! Can Aebischer take the heat though ?

Old
03-09-2006, 10:22 AM
wholeshow*

happy to see that the sieve gone, but i will miss the hart and vezina winner.

like all of you, i was shocked! theo was the last guy that i could guess as being traded (well he's injured, and i didn't think injured players could get traded).

Old
03-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Shock, followed by hope that we'll get more, followed be acceptance, followed by calling everyoen I know to announce the news.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:04 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
A friend of mine called me and told me about the trade. I was "Stop kidding me, it's not even funny...". But then, I turned on the TV, and OMG, it's true!!!

I was a bit surprised that we didn't get anything else, like a 3rd round or something like that, but I'm kinda happy of that trade. No way Theo would ever have any season like the Hart/Vezina season he had over here. Not even sure he will be able to put out another one like that elsewhere neither.

I think that Aebischer is a good goalie. And I think that he will be our #1, even if Cristo is really good. I just don't think that Cristo can handle too many games in a season. But eh, time will tell.

Overall, I think that's a fair trade that will work good for us.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:53 PM
BigM1ke

I screamed and then I danced.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:59 PM
eddy

For me I didn't like it. Though he has never had a season like his Hart and Vezina year since I still had faith he could turn it around maybe not quite as good as that year but one of the better goalies in the league anyway. I don't think we have a great 1 right now yeah Huet is doing well but that could just be a hot streak goalies go through them all the time Abechier is an average NHL starter I hope i'm wrong but I don't think our goaltending right now could take us to the stanley cup. The one thing I do like about the deal is that it opens up a lot of salary for us to hopefully acquire a top 6 forward or top 4 D at the deadline.

Closed Thread