HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Sens - Game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 01:44 PM
truebluegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Boyle went directly to Karlsson and started hitting him. 5, 6, 7 times for the sole reason to push his weight around and playing his game which was part of the theme of Game 1. He is 6'7" and Karlsson is 5'11" 180. He is our star. In Ottawa, we hated what he did. The Ottawa Senators hated what he did. Bryan Murray and the coaching staff hated what he did. You think we are overreacting. I think that if Carkner (or someone his size) started belting one of your stars, I guess Gaborik in a similar fashion, what would your opinion be? Totally different I assume? Come on. So yes, in Ottawa he was public enemy no.1 and he was attacked for it . Twice.

I have already stated that I am not a fan of the Pens. I am a fan of the game and hold anyone who has won the Stanley Cup in the highest regard. The fact that he Penguins are imploding right now does not change the fact that Fleury has played a lot of playoff hockey, including trips to 2 Finals, winning once. So easy for you to besmirch him based on a puny sampling of 3 games, I don't. Hank hasn't been anywhere near what Fleury has accomplished in the NHL. If you are lucky enough to make it to the Finals, we will see how Hank handles the pressure and expectations and a Game 7.

Till then, yes, I think the comment on MAF was moronic. Again, you may not agree with my opinion but it has nothing to do with this series, a general hockey observation. How is it trolling if it isn't even about the Rangers?
edit:

meh, forget it, not worth my time anymore.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Levitate

I kinda like Fleury, I think that when he's on he makes some absolutely amazing saves and is no doubt just as good as anyone else in the entire league

But he has had major problems being consistent over his career. He always has the potential to steal a game or even a series, but he doesn't seem to be "on" as often as other top goaltenders.

All that said, he's not the reason Pittsburgh is getting run out of the playoffs by Philly. Maybe if he was playing great, he could make a bit of a series of it, but Pittsburgh as a whole is sucking terribly

Fleury won a cup on the back of a very strong team and by hitting a spot when he was playing well. Overall, I think Lundqvist is the better goaltender though.

Old
04-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post

Just thought you'd guys get a kick out of this
lol I'm a fan. Free Haggy!

Old
04-17-2012, 02:21 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I kinda like Fleury, I think that when he's on he makes some absolutely amazing saves and is no doubt just as good as anyone else in the entire league

But he has had major problems being consistent over his career. He always has the potential to steal a game or even a series, but he doesn't seem to be "on" as often as other top goaltenders.

All that said, he's not the reason Pittsburgh is getting run out of the playoffs by Philly. Maybe if he was playing great, he could make a bit of a series of it, but Pittsburgh as a whole is sucking terribly

Fleury won a cup on the back of a very strong team and by hitting a spot when he was playing well. Overall, I think Lundqvist is the better goaltender though.
Overall, I agree with you, I think Hank may be better but in order for him to join the likes of Fleury, Thomas, etc...he needs to get a ring. The sad thing is he does not have the players that can score like the Penguins, but that is what he has to do, his Cup ring may be more deserving than others.

Old
04-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Overall, I agree with you, I think Hank may be better but in order for him to join the likes of Fleury, Thomas, etc...he needs to get a ring. The sad thing is he does not have the players that can score like the Penguins, but that is what he has to do, his Cup ring may be more deserving than others.
I agree. If Dan Marino wanted to join Trent Dilfer's league, he should've won a ring. Scrub.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
I agree. If Dan Marino wanted to join Trent Dilfer's league, he should've won a ring. Scrub.
This is great.

Again as a Sens fan, I find the statement about Fleury being a cup winner irrelevant.

As this poster pointed out, Marino never won the superbowl, and he's still one of the best Quarterbacks ever.

Our own Alfredsson has never won a stanley cup, it doesn't mean Dustin Penner is a better forward because he has.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:12 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:

No one is anywhere near Fleury's league, when it comes to playoff performances.

The only thing I could compare it too, is leaving the net empty for 60 mins.

Lundquist has a long way to go to get to that point

Old
04-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

The Year MAF won the Stanley cup, his sv% was .908 and his gaa was 2.61

Other than the 1 year where Henrik was playing injured (first year, against the Devils) Henrik has never had numbers worse than that in the playoffs.

The team in front of you makes a HUGE difference. The Rangers have NEVER, including this year, had teams that good playing in front of their goalie.

Henrik Lundqvist>>>>>>>MAF

Pittsburgh Penguins not including their goalie >>>>>>>>>> New York Rangers not including their goalie

Just my opinion.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:26 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Read that Alf may miss Game 4 as well. Hags got his money's worth at least.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Link?

Old
04-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Yea just saw Cassie Campbell tweeted that Alfie has had a setback.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Sorry, on phone. Hard to post links. It's on ESPN NY. Says he had a setback yesterday morning causing him to miss the game, and that it's unlikely he'll be available for Game 4. Then I read on the Sens board that he'd be reevaluated today but wasn't on the ice.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Slenke

Is it just me or did Richards and Gabs look a little "lost" out there without Hags whom they've played with now for a while?

Old
04-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slenke View Post
Is it just me or did Richards and Gabs look a little "lost" out there without Hags whom they've played with now for a while?
theyve been playing together for like 6 weeks straight now...all of a sudden they get to play with a winger theyve never seen play a single minute of. its an impossible situation for those 2...they basically have to try to play a 2 man game.

Hags brings so much to that line too, speed, forecheck, board play. hes a MUCH better board player than Kreider, despite Kreider having the superior size advantage. Kreider is a lot more like Gaborik, whereas Hagelin is a lot more like Callahan.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:57 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

I thought Kreider-Richards-Gaborik had a few of really good shifts cycling in the offensive zone. However, no really good scoring chances came of it. I'd think they could generate good scoring chances off the rush, considering the speed of Gaborik/Kreider and the playmaking ability of Richards, and I hope that they do exactly that should they stay together for game 4.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

John Buccigross@Buccigross
Rangers’ 1-0 victory was only their second playoff win by that score since 1941. Lundqvist got that other 1-0 win as well. (2009). #elias

Pretty ****ing impressive.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:12 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Boyle went directly to Karlsson and started hitting him.
What's frightening is, apparently people up in Ottawa actually believe this happened.

These people could one day be on a jury...

Old
04-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
John Buccigross@Buccigross
Rangers’ 1-0 victory was only their second playoff win by that score since 1941. Lundqvist got that other 1-0 win as well. (2009). #elias

Pretty ****ing impressive.
Pretty ****ing impressive, indeed.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Old
04-17-2012, 04:14 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
What's frightening is, apparently people up in Ottawa actually believe this happened.

These people could one day be on a jury...

Old
04-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

getting his $ worth will be Alfie missing game 5 too

Old
04-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
theyve been playing together for like 6 weeks straight now...all of a sudden they get to play with a winger theyve never seen play a single minute of. its an impossible situation for those 2...they basically have to try to play a 2 man game.

Hags brings so much to that line too, speed, forecheck, board play. hes a MUCH better board player than Kreider, despite Kreider having the superior size advantage. Kreider is a lot more like Gaborik, whereas Hagelin is a lot more like Callahan.
Richards even said during the post game interview on CNBC with asshat Hayward that they were trying to adjust and mesh Kreiders style with their own. Unfortunately it didn't work well that game.

04-17-2012, 04:21 PM
kovazub94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

Agreed and I think MAF did all he could in game 1.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:21 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

I'm seeing a lot of posters riding on Hayward. Has he really been that bad? Is he trying to make this into a Canada vs. U.S.A. ordeal, is he being a homer for Ottawa, what's the problem?

Old
04-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I'm seeing a lot of posters riding on Hayward. Has he really been that bad? Is he trying to make this into a Canada vs. U.S.A. ordeal, is he being a homer for Ottawa, what's the problem?
I only heard him once for the San Jose series and I didn't really like him. But I don't hate him as much as people do here.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:25 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
Hank is a GOD plain and simple! Kreider looked good last season in his debut, 2nd shift he look scared and nervous playing the puck, but its playoff hockey, things are much different than NCAA hockey. He will be fine IMO

Closed Thread