HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Matheson: Omark for (Yannick) Weber?

Old
04-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
I feel Eller needs some skilled wingers at this point in his career. Even if Omark doesn't pan out it's better than having Bourque, Palushaj or White stunting his development.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
I'd do it. Linus "Youtube" Omark could still amount to something.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
I'd do it. Linus "Youtube" Omark could still amount to something.
As long as he doesnt get benched after one game, then heŽll be fine... Im looking at you Tom Renney...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Jamin

As a warning any trade for Omark brings posters like Nacho and the european entourage trolling your team if Omark isnt first line, first unit powerplay.

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:37 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
As long as he doesnt get benched after one game, then heŽll be fine... Im looking at you Tom Renney...
Players have to earn a spot in the NHL. Omark didn't do what the coaches asked him too...work on his all around game. I know you live on his jock, but come on.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:41 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
As a warning any trade for Omark brings posters like Nacho and the european entourage trolling your team if Omark isnt first line, first unit powerplay.
As one Canadian born, Oiler fan who lives in Europe---I sent warning signals on this guy before he arrived

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Having seen our shootout troubles I'd take a chance on Omark, give him limited minutes and a shootout spot which has been our main weakness this year believe it or not.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I feel Eller needs some skilled wingers at this point in his career. Even if Omark doesn't pan out it's better than having Bourque, Palushaj or White stunting his development.
I've noticed that Eller does a lot of work on his line. Ideally, you want a guy like that being open more and having someone create scoring chances for him. He's a strong body who can go to the net but someone else should be playing that role. Someone similar to Bourque but with more skill, I'm thinking Chris Stewart might be an option. I don't think Omark would work because Omark is a perimeter player, he waits for the pass. Eller is probably gonna split 2nd/3rd line centre duties with Desharnais and that means his winger needs to be able to play 3rd line as well, Omark definetely can't play the 3rd line.

imo, he should go back to Europe for a bit, gain some offensive confidence and then come back.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
I've noticed that Eller does a lot of work on his line. Ideally, you want a guy like that being open more and having someone create scoring chances for him. He's a strong body who can go to the net but someone else should be playing that role. Someone similar to Bourque but with more skill, I'm thinking Chris Stewart might be an option. I don't think Omark would work because Omark is a perimeter player, he waits for the pass. Eller is probably gonna split 2nd/3rd line centre duties with Desharnais and that means his winger needs to be able to play 3rd line as well, Omark definetely can't play the 3rd line.

imo, he should go back to Europe for a bit, gain some offensive confidence and then come back
Omark does not need to go back to Europe for offensive confidence...
He was over PPG in the AHL last season and close to it this season. He also had a 5 goal game + the shootout winner while down there..
Its not the offense.. its EDM wanting him to be a complete player and not just an offensive one.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
I highly doubt Omark will run into a incompetent coach as Tom Renney again...

Old
04-16-2012, 04:49 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Oilers continually trying to trade their garbage for NHL players and Gagner for a top 4 defensemen. Newsflash: bottom 6 forwards don't equal top 4 dmen. Nor do minor league'rs equal NHL dmen.
Average point total for the 61st best Center (top 3rd line) is
07-08 37pt
08-09 40 pt
09-10 36pt
10-11 37pt
11-12 36pt

Sam gagner
07-08 49pt 18yr
08-09 41pt 19yr
09-10 41pt 20yr
10-11 42pt 21yr
11-12 48pt 22yr

he has exceeded the 61st point total every year.

this would make your comment one of these options
1. mistaken
2. misinformed ( i hope this is the one it is less vitrol )
3. lazy (did not research)
4. trolling

but yes thinking Nazim Kadri or MP could get an NHL dman would be silly.
Though Kadri does still project to be a 47PT NHL player
and MP projects to be a 52pt player.

still hope for both as top 6.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:25 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Omark is real talented and actually better than most would assume when he goes in with defenceman along the boards due to his hockey sense, he just never got much of a chance this season due to his injury. I will hate to see him leave but will still enjoy his play with another team.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:43 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post

imo, he should go back to Europe for a bit, gain some offensive confidence and then come back.
I think he could have a shot on Plekanecs wing if he isn't a disaster defensivly. We have Bourque there now and he is more suited to a third line role. It would be a small line Omark - Plekanec - Gionta but could be dangerous and Bourque could be moved up if we need more size up front.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Careful Habs fans. You'll inherit the Omark fan boys.

Omark would be lucky to get 40 points in the NHL.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:55 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Careful Habs fans. You'll inherit the Omark fan boys.
This thread already has.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I think he could have a shot on Plekanecs wing if he isn't a disaster defensivly. We have Bourque there now and he is more suited to a third line role. It would be a small line Omark - Plekanec - Gionta but could be dangerous and Bourque could be moved up if we need more size up front.
#abandonformackinnon

Am I doing this right?

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:50 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Rather keep that NHL D-man and use him in a package to get a player than trade him for a guy that won't be able to crack the lineup on the 2nd worst team in the league.
The Oilers top 6 isn't the 2nd worst in the league so your point doesn't really make sense.

Omark is too poor defensively to play in the bottom 6, but he could contribute on a team that needs some offense (especially PP2)

Quote:
Ironically, that was one of Renney's better management decisions. He's good offensively but he needs to work on his defensive game.

Last edited by 5RingsAndABeer: 04-16-2012 at 11:59 PM.
5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 05:18 AM
mytor4*

Beaulieu and Tinordi for Omark and MPS?

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
The Oilers top 6 isn't the 2nd worst in the league so your point doesn't really make sense.

Omark is too poor defensively to play in the bottom 6, but he could contribute on a team that needs some offense (especially PP2)

Ironically, that was one of Renney's better management decisions. He's good offensively but he needs to work on his defensive game.
yes the first line in edmonton is a defensive dynamo... they dont give away the puck at all...

Old
04-17-2012, 01:49 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Try again and next time maybe the habs could get prospects that arent on the knifes edge of "bust" status for their two best prospects alright?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Please tell me you keep forgetting the sarcasm symbol!! That is twice in one day where I can not believe what you are proposing. The "NO" you would receive for this offer from Montreal could be heard in Edmonton without benefit of a phone for frick's sake!

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote