HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fix the Pittsburgh Penguins defense

Old
04-17-2012, 01:10 PM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

vCash: 500
They'll sign Bryan Allen for Orpik's replacement. I expected to see Orpik moved for sure. Maybe Martin and Niskanen too if they can find buyer.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
Too much from the Pens, so I don't see that happening. Girardi would be awesome, however Stepan isn't really needed. I'm not sure where Staal for Girardi would value wise would be, and I'm not sure how that fits with the Rangers needs. ...
The only way I'd consider moving Letang is if it's a player like Weber coming back (with a long term contract).
Bold: would prefer you kick in a little more, but in one for one it could be a good match.

Underline: That's difficult to get. Think outside the box. Maybe Rangers add a little more to balance it out.
Unless someone like Staal was coming back for Letang I don't see how the Pens could justify moving Letang. And even then I'm not sure I'd really give that a lot of thought. The Rangers have a ton of young talented NHL d, but I'm not sure that's the answer, and isn't a step backwards. Letang is that good, and on a great contract.

Depending on what else the Rangers wanted added for Staal - Girardi, I'd even add slightly to that (say a 4th or a project prospect).

Girardi is on a great contract, has some size (6,1-206), eats minutes and can play a shutdown role.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote