HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado proposal for Jokinen.

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Melrose'sMullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
that's the gayest thing I've heard today. How is a rookie who scores 30+ goals in his first season and is already a proven playoff threat a crap shoot in any way? screw his injuries, I'd rather have an injured Svatos then watch Jokinen walk away and hope our 1st round pick turns out.
Attack me all you want but facts are facts...Svatos is a question mark long term...there's no doubt about it. First of all you are talking about a 23 year old rookie who missed his entire first season due to injury, and it wasn't the first time he suffered this type of injury. Svatos may be great long term or he may suffer more injury...do you have a crystal ball with all the answers...maybe you should consult it before calling it "gay" because there is a level of risk associated with Svatos.

BTW, this is something I proposed in the Avs forum well before Svatos current injury so it isn't knee jerk. I would much rather part with Svatos than with Wolski, but if Jokinen could be had for Richardson, I would do that one as well. The bottom line IMO is that the Avs need some size up the middle and they need some relative youth. Sakic is going to be 37 and Turgeon (who I think will retire) is falling apart.

Old
03-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose'sMullet
Svatos for Jokinen and a second?????
I'm going to be REALLY glad when the trade deadline has passed.

Old
03-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
I'm going to be REALLY glad when the trade deadline has passed.
I know. I wish something would just happen already!!!!!!

Old
03-07-2006, 07:04 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
It's almost as bad as that Phaneuf for Richards proposal.

I wish I could be an NHL GM around those types of guys. Brutal, at most Svatos makes a million next year, and that's if he signs a 5 year deal. Why would the Avs trade a player proven to do well on the team? Not to mention a young one? So of you confuse me to no end.

Old
03-07-2006, 08:15 PM
PanthersRule96

Svatos is really phenomenal and is a special player but for the person who said that there's no facet in which Florida loses this deal.......Jokinen is our only big threat on offense. Can Svatos carry and offense by himself like JOkinen could? No doubt Svatos is worth more than a rental of Jokinen but Svatos doesn't bring leadership, excellent defensive play, and the overall big package Jokinen brings for Florida. Straight up looking at it without contracts Svatos filling into Jokinen's spot in Florida is not an upgrade for us here. Putting him here with a guy like Jokinen and we instantly become a team that challenges hard for the playoffs most likely as we were in it up until a week before the Olympic break with only Jokinen. I wish we could get Wolski, Kolesnik and a 2nd for Jokinen, that'd be awesome. I really like Kolesnik and Wolski.

Old
03-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF37
We don't have a second this year....but I would do it if we did. Why would you be so willing to give up Svatos for a rental? Jokinen wants $6 mil per year - can the Avs give him that type of money?
I'm betting he would sign for less if the team has any chance of making the play-offs. And even less if the team has a realistic chance of winning the cup.

He said it himself that he's tired of playing his heart out season after season and never making the play-offs.

Old
03-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Svatos is really phenomenal and is a special player but for the person who said that there's no facet in which Florida loses this deal.......Jokinen is our only big threat on offense. Can Svatos carry and offense by himself like JOkinen could? No doubt Svatos is worth more than a rental of Jokinen but Svatos doesn't bring leadership, excellent defensive play, and the overall big package Jokinen brings for Florida. Straight up looking at it without contracts Svatos filling into Jokinen's spot in Florida is not an upgrade for us here. Putting him here with a guy like Jokinen and we instantly become a team that challenges hard for the playoffs most likely as we were in it up until a week before the Olympic break with only Jokinen. I wish we could get Wolski, Kolesnik and a 2nd for Jokinen, that'd be awesome. I really like Kolesnik and Wolski.
Forgive The Mullet, he has developed a fascination with Ollie in the past month. While I do like Ollie, to a degree, I don't share The Mullet's desire for him. I do agree with him that Svatos is potentially damaged goods (as some have stated he has a history of shoulder injuries, and he has missed 2 games with this recent one, and still no word yet on how bad it is), but to trade him for Ollie and his salary demands isn't a good idea for Colorado, currently. And certainly Lacroix wouldn't be dumb enough to give up Wolski, Kolesnik, and a 2nd for him for potentially a 2 month rental. If some other GM wants to give and arm and a leg for Jokinen, then let them over bid for him. I would deal Richardson for him, or maybe Sauer and a pick, but not Svatos.

I think the Av's could make a better, and smarter deal with Svatos (and/or others).

Old
03-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
I'd like to have Olli on the Avs...except for the baggage he hauls around.

What baggage? Gandler.

Old
03-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Melrose'sMullet

How about this one...

Svatos, and Brisebois for Jokinen and Van Ryn???

Old
03-08-2006, 04:14 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
ok why would the avs trade a potential future star and there current leading goal scorer if im not mistaken for jokinen.

Colorado needs to add a player without really lossing a player upfront of svatos calibar...

Wolski is a good start, but its gonna take a lot more, florida tho i doubt would be looking for just prospects so i dont see them as good trade partners until offseason atleast

Old
03-08-2006, 04:21 PM
HuskyFlames

The Flames counter with: Lombardi, 1st round pick and a prospect (Moss or Cracknell). Cracknell is top 10 in WHL scoring and Moss is the Flames AHL top offensive forward.

Panthers get a player with 2nd line upside, a 1st round pick and a prospect that will make it somewhere in the bottom lines and also be a gritty heart type player thatc an chip in offensively. The Flames get a top center for this season. In the offseason the Panthers can try and resign Jokinen again. If they manage it, there should be a clause where the Flames get a 3rd rounder back or something. Also, if the Flames cannot resign him they have the cash (Jokinen, Lombardi, Simon, Wiemer) to hit the free market and look for someone.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:00 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
jok's has signed a 4yr deal per sportsnet

Old
03-09-2006, 12:04 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
jok's has signed a 4yr deal per sportsnet
Yah Yah!!!

Old
03-09-2006, 12:05 PM
hockey_nut

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/

4-year deal for Jokinen... over $5 million a year

Old
03-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/

4-year deal for Jokinen... over $5 million a year

GREAT!!! because Svatos is finished for the year.

http://coloradoavalanche.com/news/cu...ils.asp?ID=500

Closed Thread