HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF: (3) Phoenix Coyotes vs. (6) Chicago Blackhawks Discussion

View Poll Results: Who wins?
PHX in 4 1 0.72%
PHX in 5 12 8.63%
PHX in 6 12 8.63%
PHX in 7 5 3.60%
CHI in 4 6 4.32%
CHI in 5 18 12.95%
CHI in 6 69 49.64%
CHI in 7 16 11.51%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-16-2012, 09:33 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Coyotes fan here...

Coyotes recalled Justin Pogge today

Smith, Hanzal and Korpikoski all sat out the game skate today. I know that is not necessarily a sign of anything except they are getting a day off but IF they cant go tomorrow Chicago will destroy the Coyotes.

Here's hoping all three can play so we can watch some more great playoff hockey!

Good luck.
**** that ****. Lets hope they are all out so the hawks can win.

Screw a good game, I want that sweet sweet victory.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
LarmerAmonteSeabrook

Quote:
Coyotes fan here...

Coyotes recalled Justin Pogge today

Smith, Hanzal and Korpikoski all sat out the game skate today. I know that is not necessarily a sign of anything except they are getting a day off but IF they cant go tomorrow Chicago will destroy the Coyotes.

Here's hoping all three can play so we can watch some more great playoff hockey!

Good luck.
You probably don't know this, since your team has never gone anywhere in the playoffs. But, it's standard procedure for teams to call up minor leaguers to experience the playoff atmosphere and get some practice in with the "big guys" once their minor league team has been eliminated. Players getting called up during the playoffs don't cause me to bat my eye one bit.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook View Post
You probably don't know this, since your team has never gone anywhere in the playoffs. But, it's standard procedure for teams to call up minor leaguers to experience the playoff atmosphere and get some practice in with the "big guys" once their minor league team has been eliminated. Players getting called up during the playoffs don't cause me to bat my eye one bit.
C'mon, no reason to be an ass about him not realizing that.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:01 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Especially since the Hawks had gone soooo far up until 3 years ago...

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:08 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
hahahaha, that was pretty harsh! its not like its a Vancouver fan...geesh.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook View Post
Our black aces are still in Portland going through exit interviews and won't be meeting with the team until they are back in Phoenix. Sorry to disturb you on your throne of omniscience.

As for the majority of the Chi fans who have been cool through the series, best of luck tomorrow. Said it on the main board before the series and I'll say it again, I'm glad Toews was able to come back for you guys. Sucks for us, but it makes for a better series the closer each team is to full health. Cheers.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:55 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Great... they sit Smith just to get a Shaw suspension. I said it once and will say it again, the Yotes are a joke franchise that should have moved long ago to another city

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:56 AM
madgoat33

Don't blame the coyotes, any smart team would do the same thing. The dumb NHL is at fault for all this. They all but flat out told the whole league that the actual hit doesn't matter, just whether or not the guy gets injured.

also, it behooves them to see the coyotes actually win in the playoffs, they do own the team after all

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:51 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Great... they sit Smith just to get a Shaw suspension. I said it once and will say it again, the Yotes are a joke franchise that should have moved long ago to another city
Are you actually implying we would play LOLbarbera (and ruin any chance of winning Game 3), just to get Shaw suspended, even if Smith is fine? I think Shaw was great in Game 1, but you would have to be quite the homer to think he is more important to the Blackhawks than Smith is to the Coyotes.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 05:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Are you actually implying we would play LOLbarbera (and ruin any chance of winning Game 3), just to get Shaw suspended, even if Smith is fine? I think Shaw was great in Game 1, but you would have to be quite the homer to think he is more important to the Blackhawks than Smith is to the Coyotes.
1. Smith already sit out a practice
2. Smith will leave the morning skate early, unless Shanny said what is going to happen with Shaw
3. Never said that Shaw is more important the Smith
4. It's a joke that Shanny just waits to see if the player can play or not. Shaw has to get a suspension or not based on what he did, not what happened because of it. This hit will not get better or worse because Smith can play or not.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:24 AM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
LOL-biker-a is... well... challenged against certain teams, the Hawks being one of them. In fact, there were a LOT of teams he struggled against in the regular season, what with only 3 wins to his name. Smith has nothing wrong with him, that's as corny as an embellishment as you'll ever see. Then they talk about sitting him just to get Shaw out of their hair for one game? Coyotes=joke.

Good luck, tonight!

PS- If #ShawFact really was as important to the Hawks as Smith was to the Coyotes, Smith would've banged his head against the ice intentionally and cracked his skull just so Shaw-ster could sit a few games.

BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:16 AM
ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Props to you. Thanks. I have been watching hockey for over 40 years. I have even cheered for teams that have won a playoff round before (including cheering for the Hawks when the Coyotes are eliminated).

I had only come on your board to update you on the Coyotes injury status (real or imagined).

My main point was IF the Coyotes are forced to play with LOL in net and without Hanzal, this series will be over in 5 games.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Props to you. Thanks. I have been watching hockey for over 40 years. I have even cheered for teams that have won a playoff round before (including cheering for the Hawks when the Coyotes are eliminated).

I had only come on your board to update you on the Coyotes injury status (real or imagined).

My main point was IF the Coyotes are forced to play with LOL in net and without Hanzal, this series will be over in 5 games.
Well that wouldn't be a bad thing. I like the ring of Hawks in 5 lol.

Seriously...this does look weird. Smith goes from unconscious, to completely fine as soon as Shaw gets tossed, to playing the whole game well, to saying he's 100% after the game...then when the hearing comes up he suddenly has symptoms? Come on. If Shanny falls for this twice in the same incident, then I don't know what to say.

If the guy truly is hurt then I hope he is ok. I don't want anyone injured or the Hawks to win this the cheap way. It just looks real fishy.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I watched one of Phoenix's last regular season games and Smith got run over pretty hard and was rolling around in his net for awhile after the hit. I thought he was hurt then. Maybe that plus this latest collision combined did him in. He may have already been playing hurt.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Smith is not hurt, he is just lucky to play for this team with it's system. Otherwise he would be the goalie we know with a .90 SV%

Old
04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
coldsteelonice84

The funny thing will be if Smith sucks tonight from missing practice. Worth it? I doubt it.

Old
04-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Smith will not suck because he missed practice. Smith will look bad because he isn't as good as his stats say

Old
04-17-2012, 03:02 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Smith will not suck because he missed practice. Smith will look bad because he isn't as good as his stats say
Based on what, he's looked damn good so far.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

looking good faceing normal shots =/= great goalie

Hawks haven't had many quality chances and he hasn't made many blockbust saves. He hasn't roobed us yet

Old
04-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Smith is good because of the system that he plays behind. No doubt he's big and athletic, but his career turned around as soon as he started playing behind a defensively-minded and well-coached team.

Smith is good in Phoenix and will continue to do so as long as the current coaching and system are in place. What we need to do is find a way to exploit some of the holes in their game. To me, that's how we'll win this series:

Our 'scoring off the rush' system won't work as well on them. They stand our offense up at the blue line well and protect the house well. Also, they're very aggressive in forechecking and backchecking.

We need to dump and chase the puck more, particularly to the fastest/strongest winger's side (Stalberg, Hossa, Bickell) and try to gain possession. Cycle the puck and hold possession to wear down their defense. Make quick, safe passes and try to stretch out their defense... hopefully opening up passing/shooting lanes on Smith. Get more guys to the net and try to screen Smith and knock in the loose change.

Defensively, we need to be more aggressive at guarding the point and putting pressure on them to pass or shoot the puck. We've seen a lot of success (via breakaways and quick odd-man transitions) when we are also aggressive. We've got a quick team, let's use that quality to our advantage.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
Smith is good because of the system that he plays behind. No doubt he's big and athletic, but his career turned around as soon as he started playing behind a defensively-minded and well-coached team.

Smith is good in Phoenix and will continue to do so as long as the current coaching and system are in place. What we need to do is find a way to exploit some of the holes in their game. To me, that's how we'll win this series:

Our 'scoring off the rush' system won't work as well on them. They stand our offense up at the blue line well and protect the house well. Also, they're very aggressive in forechecking and backchecking.

We need to dump and chase the puck more, particularly to the fastest/strongest winger's side (Stalberg, Hossa, Bickell) and try to gain possession. Cycle the puck and hold possession to wear down their defense. Make quick, safe passes and try to stretch out their defense... hopefully opening up passing/shooting lanes on Smith. Get more guys to the net and try to screen Smith and knock in the loose change.

Defensively, we need to be more aggressive at guarding the point and putting pressure on them to pass or shoot the puck. We've seen a lot of success (via breakaways and quick odd-man transitions) when we are also aggressive. We've got a quick team, let's use that quality to our advantage.
That, and like I've been saying we NEED to take a page from the Detroit book and soft pick those guys. Get in their lane on the way back to the bench or across the ice without intentionally grabbing them so the guy with the puck can get extra second or two to make a better play.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:26 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
That, and like I've been saying we NEED to take a page from the Detroit book and soft pick those guys. Get in their lane on the way back to the bench or across the ice without intentionally grabbing them so the guy with the puck can get extra second or two to make a better play.
I dunno... DET are just masters at that move. I can definitely see our guys messing it up

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:31 PM
coldsteelonice84

Our guys don't have the patience to get into games like that.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:18 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
coach Joel Quenneville said there's a "good chance" rookie Brandon Saad plays in Game 4.
Kuc.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:41 PM
darkcaptain86

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Kuc.
our secret weapon. its all coming together...

darkcaptain86 is offline   Reply With Quote