HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Matt Duchene

Old
04-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
I agree. Two Injuries in one year totally disprove the previous two seasons where he had no injury problems. Totally.
No need to quote the troll

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Anderson55

Duchene for Staal?????

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
Duchene for Staal?????
Staal + Despres and I'd consider it. But without Despres (seeing as Letang is obviously untouchable) I don't see a deal being worthwhile discussing for either team, especially since it makes no sense for Pittsburgh to move their defensive center for another offensive guy.

Or are we talking about Marc? Gotta be specific here.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
NYR Viper

I was just about to offer Marc Staal for Matt Duchene

Thoughts?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Staal + Despres and I'd consider it. But without Despres (seeing as Letang is obviously untouchable) I don't see a deal being worthwhile discussing for either team, especially since it makes no sense for Pittsburgh to move their defensive center for another offensive guy.

Or are we talking about Marc? Gotta be specific here.
lol no sorry Jordan, there are rumours about Staal not wanted to stay in his current role in PITT. I would think about Harrington or Morrow instead of Depres.

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
lol no sorry Jordan, there are rumours about Staal not wanted to stay in his current role in PITT. I would think about Harrington or Morrow instead of Depres.
Colorado isn't a good destination for Staal. O'Reilly has earned his spot as a top-6 center, and even if we trade Duchene, Stastny has more offensive upside than Staal. He'd be in a similar situation to less talented players - which I would assume would make him doubly angry.

Look at Calgary, Phoenix, Winnipeg, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Phoenix (maybe), Nashville, Anaheim, and Columbus as potential suitors.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:17 PM
forsbergavs32

vCash: 138
We did this last year with Stastny, we're not trading either one...just because he had a rough, injury plagued year doesn't mean the organization is going to give up on the guy who was our 3rd overall in 09 and is considered the face of the franchise.

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I was just about to offer Marc Staal for Matt Duchene

Thoughts?
Not enough and I'm honestly not sure what it would take to even the deal up. Looking at the options gives me the impression NYR wouldn't add what Colorado would request.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Kader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Ok since Duchene's name has been brought up involving Anaheim for either their 6th over all + Etem or for Ryan. As well as in a thread involving MTL.

I am curious as to any other offers there might be. I want a top 5 draft pick plus a blue chip wing prospect. (If the pick is not quite in the top 5 add.. We would be trying to flip a package to get there if possible.)

Other Avs fans seem to want someone of at least Ryan's caliber as a proven top line winger.

--
On Duchene's season.. You can knock about 20 games off of his 58 games played on the year. In fact you can knock the last 20 off. He tried to play injured the last half of the year because we were trying to make the playoffs.

He had injuries to both legs. Not serious but an ankle and a knee sprain on different legs. Knocking the games off that he played injured.. Hes paces for about 61 points on the year.

On top of all that? The majority of the games he played while healthy he played out of his natural position at LW. He had zero chemistry with Stastny except a few games here and there. By the time he was moved back to center Hejduk had fallen off the map and Mueller was no where to be found.

Even while playing injured he never got a chance to play with any wingers who were actually producing.

So no Avs fan will accept any less for him now because we all know what happened between the organization and his injuries.
---

The question now for Avs fans is since O'Reilly & Stastny seems to be the favorites of a coach who just got a 2 year extension. Duchene is wasted being 3rd on the Coaches depth chart. (Retarded IMO) Especially while we need a top line winger that we have no guarantee of getting in free-agency.

For Duchene so far..

Ryan (Pretty much straight up)

Etem + 6th & 36th over all (My favorite, I think the step back was taken by the organization by drafting nothing but centers besides Landeskog for god knows how long. It needs to be fixed right now so that guys can grow with the core.)

Subban + (Subban does not fit for Avs because he is right handed. We have to many right handed puck movers in the system as it is.)

Just wondering if anyone else could come up with anything interesting assuming Duchene is made available.
Woah, never knew that Duchene was the next Malkin. It's unfortunate that he's going to be an Av for a long, long time. He's too crucial to the entire organization to trade for his value.

Besides, Stastny's head is on the trading block, not Matt's..

Kader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:44 PM
startainfection

isles first second and nino?

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kader View Post
Woah, never knew that Duchene was the next Malkin. It's unfortunate that he's going to be an Av for a long, long time. He's too crucial to the entire organization to trade for his value.

Besides, Stastny's head is on the trading block, not Matt's..

Based on what? Ramblings of delusional HFBoards posters.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote