HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Legwand demoted?

Old
04-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Los Depredadores

vCash: 500
Legwand demoted?

Legwand practiced on the fourth line today with Halischuk and Yip while Gaustad took his place with Bourque and Hornqvist. Hopefully this is permanent. I for one am sick of seeing Legwand looking like he doesn't care (especially on faceoffs) and that goonery he pulled on the bench on Sunday was ridiculous.

Los Depredadores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Tennman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Depredadores View Post
Legwand practiced on the fourth line today with Halischuk and Yip while Gaustad took his place with Bourque and Hornqvist. Hopefully this is permanent. I for one am sick of seeing Legwand looking like he doesn't care (especially on faceoffs) and that goonery he pulled on the bench on Sunday was ridiculous.
First. Grabbing a jersey is not goonery but spearing is.

Second. Leggy was 52.6% on his faceoffs in game three. His stuid passes up the middle in the defensive zone is what I have problem with and probably what Trotz is pissed about.

And third. I very seriously doubt the "demotion" will last through the game. I'd bet Trotz is sending a message that will be received loud and clear.

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Legionnaire11

Goonery?

It's been a while since i've seen something good happen between the bench and opposing players. This stuff used to happen all the time, but you rarely see a guy checking into the bench anymore.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:17 PM
VFL615*

What gets my goat about Leggy is the stupid penalties and total lack of knowing how to get open. He skates in the O zone and stands there.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:24 PM
PredsHockey

While I'm not against knocking down Legwand a line or two, I'm not really feeling the Ak-Spaling-Rads line. The style of plays is too different. That is why I like Leggy in this spot because he is fast enough to keep up with Rads and a good passer to either sniper. With that said, David looked lost the last two games, so maybe a switch is in order. Call me stupid, but maybe Fisher with AK and Rads is in order and make them line one? I don't want to do too much changing, but maybe put Legs with (cough) Wilson (cough) and take out Yip.

PredsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:36 PM
VFL615*

Fisher is who i would put with rads and ak. Im interested to see what spaling can do with them though as well.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Predator119

I'm very interested to see how Spaling does with them. He definitely had more offensive touch in junior playing with Halischuk and Mikkel Boedker(PHX). Maybe we'll see a different side of Spals here.

Predator119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
deanwormer

Um, guys - Spaling was our 13th leading scorer with 22 pts - Leggy was what? 2nd - with 53.

Spaling got 15:40 in ice time this year, Leggy 18:30 - 2nd on team in TOI for Fs to Fish. Oh, and the kid in the doghouse - Wilson - got more TOI than Spaling.

Point? Spaling is not skating on the 2nd and Leggy on the 4th.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:41 PM
PredsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Um, guys - Spaling was our 13th leading scorer with 22 pts - Leggy was what? 2nd - with 53.

Spaling got 15:40 in ice time this year, Leggy 18:30 - 2nd on team in TOI for Fs to Fish. Oh, and the kid in the doghouse - Wilson - got more TOI than Spaling.

I mean I hope the practice lines are not an indication of what they will be tonight. I like the AK-Legs-Rads line....however, I trust Trotz and if he thinks Nick is ready to roll with the top lines, then I trust it.

PredsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:54 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post

The playoffs are not about what you do in the regular season. Leggy needs to step his game up thats a fact.