HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Gm#3 KINGS vs CANUCKS, 4/15/12 KINGS WIN 1-0, Lead Series 3-0 !!!

Old
04-17-2012, 06:01 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Geez. Grow a pair. The amount of doom and gloom around here regardless of if we are winning or losing is amazing.
I don't think either post you quoted qualifies as "doom and gloom". Oh, and "grow a pair"? Grow up

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

I don't think being cautious or tempering expectations means you have to "grow a pair". We are in a great position, everyone is behind the team. However, there is still a ton of work to do and plenty of room for improvement. The Canucks aren't just going to roll over and die. Acknowledging that isn't a bad thing.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:08 PM
mbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
I don't think either post you quoted qualifies as "doom and gloom". Oh, and "grow a pair"? Grow up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
I don't think being cautious or tempering expectations means you have to "grow a pair". We are in a great position, everyone is behind the team. However, there is still a ton of work to do and plenty of room for improvement. The Canucks aren't just going to roll over and die. Acknowledging that isn't a bad thing.
You guys are right. I apologize for that knee jerk reaction. I edited my original post.

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
That's an unprecedented position to be in as a Kings fan. Instead of looking for the next problem let's just enjoy this best time of the year and cheer on our guys.
I think we are all excited and are enjoying the ride. I think some of us are waiting for Lucy to pull the football out just as we are going to kick it. It wouldn't be the first time.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Kings man 4 life

Just think we as fans don't know what it is like to win lol and win like champions, this team atm looks that way. This behavior is new and perplexing and in a way too good to be true so were naturally expecting our lovable team to come back to earth as they always have.

IMO as fans we have to ride this all out, nothing we do will really affect any of this, Sutter has done a great job with this team. Hopefully and most probably he is tempering this team with the thought that they have done great work getting here now don't be stupid and cocky and finish the Canucks with brutal efficiency, now is not the time to be cute or they well knock you on your collective *****.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:30 PM
DeeMeck

Daniel didn't take any contact today...I just can't see the Canucks putting him on the ice.

Daniel is simply a media diversion that is working.

The media is talking about Daniel and not about the Canucks being down 3-0, the diving, or anything else.

The Canucks are still getting these questions, but not to the magnitude they would be if Daniel wasn't there. He is taking alot of heat off his teammates from the media right now and it's the main reason he is here.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings man 4 life View Post
Just think we as fans don't know what it is like to win lol and win like champions, this team atm looks that way. This behavior is new and perplexing and in a way too good to be true so were naturally expecting our lovable team to come back to earth as they always have.

IMO as fans we have to ride this all out, nothing we do will really affect any of this, Sutter has done a great job with this team. Hopefully and most probably he is tempering this team with the thought that they have done great work getting here now don't be stupid and cocky and finish the Canucks with brutal efficiency, now is not the time to be cute or they well knock you on your collective *****.
LOL so true

I mean, the last couple of years of history makes us temper expectations--think of the foot-on-the-throat moments we had vs. the Canucks in 2010, the Sharks in 2011, and the Sharks at the end of the season here--and it's easy to see why people are positive and supportive, but a bit anxious. I know I sure am.

History will be made

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:35 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Daniel didn't take any contact today...I just can't see the Canucks putting him on the ice.

The media is talking about Daniel and not about the Canucks being down 3-0, the diving, or anything else.

The Canucks are still getting these questions, but not to the magnitude they would be if Daniel wasn't there. He is taking alot of heat off his teammates from the media right now and it's the main reason he is here.
I doubt Daniel would fly over to LA and practice with the team if there wasn't a good chance he'd play.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I doubt Daniel would fly over to LA and practice with the team if there wasn't a good chance he'd play.
Well I doubt that Daniel would fly over to LA, practice...and NOT take any contact drills if there was a good chance that he WOULD play.

The other guy was exactly right...nothing but a PR diversion.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:57 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

I just can't see Daniel in Game 4. He told reporters today that this is the most out of shape he's been in "5 or 6 years".

Not gonna happen with the team down 3-0. He's there for moral support.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:04 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

I'm in no way implying that this team is not capable/ready to close out this series.

I'd just like to wait another few days before declaring victory. Anyone that has been paying attention to the NHL over the last 30 years knows alot of crazy stuff can stil happen. There are so many second chances in a 7 game series.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:07 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
He could play limited minutes or just in a power play only role where he won't take much contact, but fact I haven't heard of him taking any sort of contact isn't a good indicator to be playing in a playoff game.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:07 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

I think we will see D. Sedin tomorrow night. If he felt good enough to get on a plane and practice, then I think there is a better than 50/50 shot of him being in the lineup for the next game.

As for being worried about the Kings, even with a 3-0 series lead. Well, if you're not worried, then I don't think you've been a fan of this franchise for very long. Now do I believe that they will wrap this thing up tomorrow night? Yes, I do. Everything I have seen in this series has shown they are ready to put away the Canucks in 4. But I also feel a lot of concern, as this team (and franchise) has a long, long, long history of getting us excited, only to take a huge dump on the ice when it comes down to closing things out and winning big game.

Sunday's performance left a lot to be desired, and that was with the Kings having the advantage in the line match ups. I really hope Sutter & Co. have an answer for the VAN forecheck, as it looks like Vigneault has made some adjustments and the Canuck players are able to maintain possession in the Kings zone much more when compared to the first 2 games.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:13 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorJeep View Post
I think we will see D. Sedin tomorrow night. If he felt good enough to get on a plane and practice, then I think there is a better than 50/50 shot of him being in the lineup for the next game.
Mayor said he didn't take a single hit in practice. Trust me, no NHLer wants to get back out there without taking some bumps from their teammates first, when Richards and Brown will be looking to punish him.

You heard it here first - no Daniel in game 4.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:14 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Mayor said he didn't take a single hit in practice. Trust me, no NHLer wants to get back out there without taking some bumps from their teammates first, when Richards and Brown will be looking to punish him.

You heard it here first - no Daniel in game 4.
Could play just on the power play where contact is at a minimal.

But either way Kings just have to continue playing their game.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
He won't play. He's just a diversion to try to get the Kings to lose focus.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Play him and he ends up with cantaloupe head.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:10 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post

You you Einstein...you just see through them as they were transparent, don't you.

I think you are right.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:15 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
You guys are right. I apologize for that knee jerk reaction. I edited my original post.
For that I would buy you a beer and shake your hand anytime. ..since you are King fan I probable would anyway .

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote