HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ken Klee traded to the Devils for Alexander Suglobov

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Puckclektr

vCash: 500
Watching many Leaf games this year Klee arguably the best defensive D's they had. I have yet(until last night after the trade) hear anything negative about Klee from all my friends. Berg and Khavanov on the other hand.......

Old
03-09-2006, 08:38 AM
NJDevs430

I don't know how to feel about this as a Devils fan.
I haven't seen enough of Klee to make a judgment on him. I've been to Albany a couple times and Sluggo never left me leaving the building going "Wow!" and for the short time he was in NJ he did score on the power play against Carolina, IIRC.
However, there has to be some damned reason that he never got a lot of ice time in the bigs. Perhaps hte organization didn't think he was defenseively responsible enough? I don't really know.
That being said, I hope he gets more ice time with the Leafs.
}:-)>

Old
03-09-2006, 08:44 AM
ACC1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangible_faith
Watching many Leaf games this year Klee arguably the best defensive D's they had. I have yet(until last night after the trade) hear anything negative about Klee from all my friends. Berg and Khavanov on the other hand.......
There are many Leaf fans that would argue this. Klee hasn't adopted to the rule changes and may lead the league in hooking penalties.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:50 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

klee was good 2 yrs ago
but this yr he's been terrible
he's lost a step and he's 34, so that's pretty much it for him

Old
03-09-2006, 08:51 AM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
I'm sorry but then you haven't been watching close enough.

Khavanov is more or less equal to Klee but he's more mobile. However, in reality it's a pick your poison between them.

Berg is better than Klee without a doubt.

Like I said, some fans may be turning on Klee because he's no longer a Leaf (i.e. some are under-rating him in this thread), however if you go look at the Leaf board over the past few months, you'll see that Klee has been criticized heavily because he simply looks lost out there.

That's not to say he can't turn it around but Klee had fallen down the depth chart in Toronto based on his play.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Suglobov = Pavel Brendl?

Old
03-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Platapie

Quote:
Klee was great for us prior to this year.. but the whole team has looked lousy. He's got the skill to be a solid addition, whether he uses it for good or for evil remains to be seen. Kinda like what we got in return

Old
03-09-2006, 09:06 AM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapie
Klee was great for us prior to this year.. but the whole team has looked lousy. He's got the skill to be a solid addition, whether he uses it for good or for evil remains to be seen. Kinda like what we got in return
I think most rational Leaf fans would agree that Klee has the skill and hockey sense to play better than he has played for the Leafs this year.

However, his footspeed and mobility isn't going to drastically improve by being with a new team. I don't see Klee as regaining anything close to his form of years past, but he CAN be better than he has played this year.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:11 AM
mydnyte

on a team with any defensive system (the Leafs have none), which includes backchecking wingers Klee will do fine, and actually look quite solid. though, I'd call him a 4-6 defenseman now.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Platapie

Myd, regardless of the trade deadline.. and whatever happens with our crap team, today is a momentus one.. we full heartedly agree on something

Old
03-09-2006, 09:30 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapie
Myd, regardless of the trade deadline.. and whatever happens with our crap team, today is a momentus one.. we full heartedly agree on something
I'm just excited finally ...we may dump some older past thier prime players for some youth with skill ...and perhaps finally work towards a decent rebuild from youth and talent.

...though, this is just my hopes ...and then Quinn is not resigned, and everyone is happy ...until next season start, and then we begin to make new complaints.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:34 AM
St.Louis sports fan

Hey Lou, if you're out there, the Blues would give you Steve Poapst for Zach Parise. Oh, and we'll throw in the rights to Michal Riesen and an autographed Keith Tkachuk stick. Ken Klee..........Suglobov.....hahahahahhahahahhahahah aha.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Puckclektr

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan
Hey Lou, if you're out there, the Blues would give you Steve Poapst for Zach Parise. Oh, and we'll throw in the rights to Michal Riesen and an autographed Keith Tkachuk stick. Ken Klee..........Suglobov.....hahahahahhahahahhahahah aha.
Who is in last place?
hahahahahahahahaha

Old
03-09-2006, 11:19 AM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Who is in last place?
hahahahahahahahaha
Pittsburgh!!!1!

Berg for Malkin, straight up

Old
03-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:

That's hilarious, and very incorrect.

Klee has been a liability for the most part. I thought he had negative trade value. He'd wouldn't have been back with Toronto after the year anyways.

Getting a living, breathing human being for him just rules. And we got younger to boot.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez
Pittsburgh!!!1!

Berg for Malkin, straight up

Aki Berg has infinite trade value, as he can divide by zero and has cancer-curing tears (of which we'll never see, as Aki doesn't cry.)

Old
03-09-2006, 05:28 PM
St.Louis sports fan

The Blues have had a horrible season no doubt, but at least they battle hard and just ask their opponents if they come to play every night. It could be very easy for them to pack it in and play for the number 1 pick, but that's not the case. If you want to laugh at this team..OK, but I'll line up right next to them and take it like a man. You gotta admit that this is overpayment big time for a journeyman depth d-man.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:33 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan
The Blues have had a horrible season no doubt, but at least they battle hard and just ask their opponents if they come to play every night. It could be very easy for them to pack it in and play for the number 1 pick, but that's not the case. If you want to laugh at this team..OK, but I'll line up right next to them and take it like a man. You gotta admit that this is overpayment big time for a journeyman depth d-man.

How is Klee a journeyman? Suglobov has promise but he's still an AHL'er who had no future in NJ.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:43 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

Suggy was a goner on the devils any way you see it. We all thought we could of gotten better that's a given. but people call this a fleecing because they think OMG he's the 2nd best prospect in NJ the devils just got robbed. that's simply not the case. He was our most NHL ready player and we seem to have more promising forwards. This is almost like a win-win for both teams because now we have a veteren for the 3rd pairing and now finally see what Suglobov's made of.

Closed Thread