HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV/Books/Movies/Music) Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2012, 11:14 PM
  #551
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,433
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
I just don't get why people love Daniel Bryan now.
Same. I never cared for him before WM and I certainly don't now.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:15 PM
  #552
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
I just don't get why people love Daniel Bryan now.
I've liked D-Bryan though I haven't loved him. The "Yes!" thing rules though I'm sure it will get annoying at some point like the "What?" chants.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
  #553
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Same. I never cared for him before WM and I certainly don't now.
The only thing about him I like is "flight of the Valkyrie" music he's using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I've liked D-Bryan though I haven't loved him. The "Yes!" thing rules though I'm sure it will get annoying at some point like the "What?" chants.
I miss Austin.

MJB Devils23* is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:58 PM
  #554
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 29,297
vCash: 500
I see on the iTunes store that Linkin Park's new album is in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

kyle evs48 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 12:01 AM
  #555
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I see on the iTunes store that Linkin Park's new album is in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
Oh ****. I love LP. Must get.

MJB Devils23* is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 06:09 AM
  #556
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist
 
MadDog172430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 500
I don't know how many of you listen to rap ( I know I don't listen to very much) but if you're interested, check out this kid Spose. I actually worked with him at the restaurant I would work for in the summer up in Maine, you may have heard his song I'm Awesome somewhere before. He's got a pretty solid following up in New England and he just released his new album called "The Audacity!" on iTunes.

As of last night, he was number 7 on the hip hop/rap album sales chart on iTunes, he's 9th today and in the top 100 for albums in general. If you care to check him out, let me know what you think. He's a good guy so I thought I'd promote it for him. Hoping he does well for himself.

MadDog172430 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 06:20 AM
  #557
Ripshot 43
Registered User
 
Ripshot 43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 4,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I see on the iTunes store that Linkin Park's new album is in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
Oh ****. I love LP. Must get.
Not sure what the all capital letters thing means.

Heard the "world premeire" of their new single yesterday and bleah. Lol, I'm definitely getting old where I can't stand when bands change so much from their amazing beginnings. To me it's only growing as a band if your getting better and for my taste, they have gone in the wrong direction since the first album. I will say, that I'm glad they gave Mike Shinoda some more mic time in this song.

Ripshot 43 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 08:57 AM
  #558
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,317
vCash: 500
Been a Meth and Redman kind of day.


Jersey Man is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 09:04 AM
  #559
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles
 
Tedenby21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Burlington, Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 8,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Been a Meth and Redman kind of day.

our bond grows stronger.


Tedenby21 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 09:43 AM
  #560
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,433
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
The only thing about him I like is "flight of the Valkyrie" music he's using.



I miss Austin.
I just hate that they use a rock n' roll version of it. Imo, the actual orchestra would make it more epic.

As for the posts above, I love Method Man. In fact, I just love the Wu Tang Clan.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 11:22 AM
  #561
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog91730 View Post
I don't know how many of you listen to rap ( I know I don't listen to very much) but if you're interested, check out this kid Spose. I actually worked with him at the restaurant I would work for in the summer up in Maine, you may have heard his song I'm Awesome somewhere before. He's got a pretty solid following up in New England and he just released his new album called "The Audacity!" on iTunes.

As of last night, he was number 7 on the hip hop/rap album sales chart on iTunes, he's 9th today and in the top 100 for albums in general. If you care to check him out, let me know what you think. He's a good guy so I thought I'd promote it for him. Hoping he does well for himself.
Gotta remember to look into it later. Just about anything in rap has gone way down hill in recent years. Would be nice to find some stuff that doesn't suck. So I'll try to check it out later.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Been a Meth and Redman kind of day.

Solid choice. Method Man performed at my school in the spring my sophomore year. Only was able to see the first 20-30 minutes of it because I had work, but damn does he put on a show. If only Redman was there too...


Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I see on the iTunes store that Linkin Park's new album is in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
Does it sound like something totally different than every other thing they've done? Or do they finally sound like something they've already released. Enjoyed their first album. Enjoyed the second one (I mean the second original one -- not the album of remixes, although that wasn't bad) to a slightly lesser extent, and haven't bothered since.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 12:43 PM
  #562
Drewr15
Registered User
 
Drewr15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Milford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedenby21 View Post
there will only continue to be more changes as the series goes on. i'm sure they will keep all the major story points, but they need to be careful because small things have big effects in the story.
Indeed - I know of one that Martin had warned them might have a big effect - big spoilers so don't read it unless you have read into book 3 at least

Spoil:
When Drogo killed his one rider by pulling out his tongue - apparently he is going to be kahl of his own in a later book. But they went with it anyway. Still though - Little finger does eventually talk to the Tyrells - all they are doing is having him deliver Tyrion's message instead of the Cleos Frey that causes Cat to release Jamie and Shae does become Sansa's handmade eventually so to me it's ok. The one that has me wondering a bit is how they compressed how Arya got captured, one of my favorite scenes that I want to see brought to life is when she gets her revenge on those who did the torture in the village. Hopefully they work the torture in somehow to give her that revenge scene later


The scene with Sansa eating dinner with Cersei and Mycella and Tommen was a good added scene I felt. The scene with Sansa and Shae later was a bad one. I feel like though sometimes they are adding scenes to try and give those of us that have read the books something different sometimes.

Drewr15 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
  #563
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Posted this in the TaN, but I figured I'd do it here as well.

Alright guys..I know you all have something a little more important tonight, BUT just in case any of you are interested, my rock radio show airs tonight at 7 pm (assuming there are no delays like there have been). Check it out on www.allnoiseradio.com, maybe during intermission..or if they Devils are losing 5-0 and you REALLY need angry music to listen too!

I keed, I keed!

TonyTheGr8 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 12:50 PM
  #564
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist
 
MadDog172430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Gotta remember to look into it later. Just about anything in rap has gone way down hill in recent years. Would be nice to find some stuff that doesn't suck. So I'll try to check it out later.
Glad to see someone is interested! He obviously doesn't sound like your typical rap artist, but the guy can lyrically kill it no question. Hopefully you'll like some of his stuff.

MadDog172430 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 01:09 PM
  #565
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik
 
JerryGigantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500

JerryGigantic is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 01:15 PM
  #566
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles
 
Tedenby21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Burlington, Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 8,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15 View Post
Indeed - I know of one that Martin had warned them might have a big effect - big spoilers so don't read it unless you have read into book 3 at least

Spoil:
When Drogo killed his one rider by pulling out his tongue - apparently he is going to be kahl of his own in a later book. But they went with it anyway. Still though - Little finger does eventually talk to the Tyrells - all they are doing is having him deliver Tyrion's message instead of the Cleos Frey that causes Cat to release Jamie and Shae does become Sansa's handmade eventually so to me it's ok. The one that has me wondering a bit is how they compressed how Arya got captured, one of my favorite scenes that I want to see brought to life is when she gets her revenge on those who did the torture in the village. Hopefully they work the torture in somehow to give her that revenge scene later


The scene with Sansa eating dinner with Cersei and Mycella and Tommen was a good added scene I felt. The scene with Sansa and Shae later was a bad one. I feel like though sometimes they are adding scenes to try and give those of us that have read the books something different sometimes.
exactly. the best part of the books is the build up to the events that unfold.

Tedenby21 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 03:44 PM
  #567
Ripshot 43
Registered User
 
Ripshot 43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 4,945
vCash: 500
Scott04,

The new LP song to me sounds like it has a wanna be techno vibe mixed with lame emo lyrics. I was the same as you in that I loved the first cd, thought the 2nd was decent and then was disgusted by the path they took since.

Ripshot 43 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 04:15 PM
  #568
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog91730 View Post
Glad to see someone is interested! He obviously doesn't sound like your typical rap artist, but the guy can lyrically kill it no question. Hopefully you'll like some of his stuff.
If he even remotely tries lyrically its better than the majority of the stuff out there. It goes past "what" they are rapping about. Its to the point where no one with a song on the radio has any flow and says more than 3-4 words in each bar anymore. It's pretty much a slow motion conversation with a beat behind it and I can't take it. If he actually tries in any regard I can tell you I like it (in comparison) already. Still haven't gotten around to listening, but responding to this post now because I may forget to the next time I'm in the thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
Scott04,

The new LP song to me sounds like it has a wanna be techno vibe mixed with lame emo lyrics. I was the same as you in that I loved the first cd, thought the 2nd was decent and then was disgusted by the path they took since.
Yeah, that sounds pretty terrible. I enjoy electro music. But I have zero interest in what you just described. I would almost say I'll give it a quick listen, as I did enjoy them early on, but I don't think I hate myself enough to do so.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 05:48 PM
  #569
Volchenkovs Face
Registered User
 
Volchenkovs Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
I feel like I completely missed the On Demand Release of God Bless America. Anyone seen it yet?

Volchenkovs Face is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 09:15 AM
  #570
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGigantic View Post
That's awesome.

Saugus is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 06:29 PM
  #571
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik
 
JerryGigantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500

JerryGigantic is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 06:30 PM
  #572
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik
 
JerryGigantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500

JerryGigantic is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 06:35 PM
  #573
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,671
vCash: 500

Scott04 is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 06:38 PM
  #574
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
I don`t get it. Someone enlighten me.

Kinda morbid too, don`t you think?

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 07:04 PM
  #575
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik
 
JerryGigantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
I don`t get it. Someone enlighten me.

Kinda morbid too, don`t you think?
Tupac "performed" at this year's Coachella Festival (with Snoop). 16 years after his death. As a hologram.

The Japanese actually have had holographic "pop stars" for years, who perform concerts despite not actually existing... But as far as I know this was the first time the technology has been used for a major event in the USA.

News of the 'Pac performance got all over the internet in a nanosecond, and it quickly became a "meme", where Hologram Tupac appears all over the place.

To me, Hologram Tupac performing with kitschy animated popstars "Gem and the Holograms" was a perfect mash-up. And the Star Wars reference was the obvious one, being perhaps the most famous hologram moment in pop culture history.

JerryGigantic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.