HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV/Books/Movies/Music) Part III

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
I just don't get why people love Daniel Bryan now.
Same. I never cared for him before WM and I certainly don't now.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:15 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
I just don't get why people love Daniel Bryan now.
I've liked D-Bryan though I haven't loved him. The "Yes!" thing rules though I'm sure it will get annoying at some point like the "What?" chants.

04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Same. I never cared for him before WM and I certainly don't now.
The only thing about him I like is "flight of the Valkyrie" music he's using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I've liked D-Bryan though I haven't loved him. The "Yes!" thing rules though I'm sure it will get annoying at some point like the "What?" chants.
I miss Austin.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:58 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I see on the iTunes store that Linkin Park's new album is in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:01 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I see on the iTunes store that Linkin Park's new album is in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
Oh ****. I love LP. Must get.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:09 AM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

I don't know how many of you listen to rap ( I know I don't listen to very much) but if you're interested, check out this kid Spose. I actually worked with him at the restaurant I would work for in the summer up in Maine, you may have heard his song I'm Awesome somewhere before. He's got a pretty solid following up in New England and he just released his new album called "The Audacity!" on iTunes.

As of last night, he was number 7 on the hip hop/rap album sales chart on iTunes, he's 9th today and in the top 100 for albums in general. If you care to check him out, let me know what you think. He's a good guy so I thought I'd promote it for him. Hoping he does well for himself.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:20 AM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Quote:
Oh ****. I love LP. Must get.
Not sure what the all capital letters thing means.

Heard the "world premeire" of their new single yesterday and bleah. Lol, I'm definitely getting old where I can't stand when bands change so much from their amazing beginnings. To me it's only growing as a band if your getting better and for my taste, they have gone in the wrong direction since the first album. I will say, that I'm glad they gave Mike Shinoda some more mic time in this song.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Been a Meth and Redman kind of day.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post

our bond grows stronger.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
The only thing about him I like is "flight of the Valkyrie" music he's using.

I miss Austin.
I just hate that they use a rock n' roll version of it. Imo, the actual orchestra would make it more epic.

As for the posts above, I love Method Man. In fact, I just love the Wu Tang Clan.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog91730 View Post
I don't know how many of you listen to rap ( I know I don't listen to very much) but if you're interested, check out this kid Spose. I actually worked with him at the restaurant I would work for in the summer up in Maine, you may have heard his song I'm Awesome somewhere before. He's got a pretty solid following up in New England and he just released his new album called "The Audacity!" on iTunes.

As of last night, he was number 7 on the hip hop/rap album sales chart on iTunes, he's 9th today and in the top 100 for albums in general. If you care to check him out, let me know what you think. He's a good guy so I thought I'd promote it for him. Hoping he does well for himself.
Gotta remember to look into it later. Just about anything in rap has gone way down hill in recent years. Would be nice to find some stuff that doesn't suck. So I'll try to check it out later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post

Solid choice. Method Man performed at my school in the spring my sophomore year. Only was able to see the first 20-30 minutes of it because I had work, but damn does he put on a show. If only Redman was there too...

Quote:
Does it sound like something totally different than every other thing they've done? Or do they finally sound like something they've already released. Enjoyed their first album. Enjoyed the second one (I mean the second original one -- not the album of remixes, although that wasn't bad) to a slightly lesser extent, and haven't bothered since.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Drewr15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedenby21 View Post
there will only continue to be more changes as the series goes on. i'm sure they will keep all the major story points, but they need to be careful because small things have big effects in the story.
Indeed - I know of one that Martin had warned them might have a big effect - big spoilers so don't read it unless you have read into book 3 at least

Spoil:
When Drogo killed his one rider by pulling out his tongue - apparently he is going to be kahl of his own in a later book. But they went with it anyway. Still though - Little finger does eventually talk to the Tyrells - all they are doing is having him deliver Tyrion's message instead of the Cleos Frey that causes Cat to release Jamie and Shae does become Sansa's handmade eventually so to me it's ok. The one that has me wondering a bit is how they compressed how Arya got captured, one of my favorite scenes that I want to see brought to life is when she gets her revenge on those who did the torture in the village. Hopefully they work the torture in somehow to give her that revenge scene later

The scene with Sansa eating dinner with Cersei and Mycella and Tommen was a good added scene I felt. The scene with Sansa and Shae later was a bad one. I feel like though sometimes they are adding scenes to try and give those of us that have read the books something different sometimes.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Posted this in the TaN, but I figured I'd do it here as well.

Alright guys..I know you all have something a little more important tonight, BUT just in case any of you are interested, my rock radio show airs tonight at 7 pm (assuming there are no delays like there have been). Check it out on www.allnoiseradio.com, maybe during intermission..or if they Devils are losing 5-0 and you REALLY need angry music to listen too!

I keed, I keed!

Old
04-17-2012, 12:50 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Gotta remember to look into it later. Just about anything in rap has gone way down hill in recent years. Would be nice to find some stuff that doesn't suck. So I'll try to check it out later.
Glad to see someone is interested! He obviously doesn't sound like your typical rap artist, but the guy can lyrically kill it no question. Hopefully you'll like some of his stuff.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:09 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Old
04-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15 View Post
Indeed - I know of one that Martin had warned them might have a big effect - big spoilers so don't read it unless you have read into book 3 at least

Spoil:
When Drogo killed his one rider by pulling out his tongue - apparently he is going to be kahl of his own in a later book. But they went with it anyway. Still though - Little finger does eventually talk to the Tyrells - all they are doing is having him deliver Tyrion's message instead of the Cleos Frey that causes Cat to release Jamie and Shae does become Sansa's handmade eventually so to me it's ok. The one that has me wondering a bit is how they compressed how Arya got captured, one of my favorite scenes that I want to see brought to life is when she gets her revenge on those who did the torture in the village. Hopefully they work the torture in somehow to give her that revenge scene later

The scene with Sansa eating dinner with Cersei and Mycella and Tommen was a good added scene I felt. The scene with Sansa and Shae later was a bad one. I feel like though sometimes they are adding scenes to try and give those of us that have read the books something different sometimes.
exactly. the best part of the books is the build up to the events that unfold.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Ripshot 43

Scott04,

The new LP song to me sounds like it has a wanna be techno vibe mixed with lame emo lyrics. I was the same as you in that I loved the first cd, thought the 2nd was decent and then was disgusted by the path they took since.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog91730 View Post
Glad to see someone is interested! He obviously doesn't sound like your typical rap artist, but the guy can lyrically kill it no question. Hopefully you'll like some of his stuff.
If he even remotely tries lyrically its better than the majority of the stuff out there. It goes past "what" they are rapping about. Its to the point where no one with a song on the radio has any flow and says more than 3-4 words in each bar anymore. It's pretty much a slow motion conversation with a beat behind it and I can't take it. If he actually tries in any regard I can tell you I like it (in comparison) already. Still haven't gotten around to listening, but responding to this post now because I may forget to the next time I'm in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
Scott04,

The new LP song to me sounds like it has a wanna be techno vibe mixed with lame emo lyrics. I was the same as you in that I loved the first cd, thought the 2nd was decent and then was disgusted by the path they took since.
Yeah, that sounds pretty terrible. I enjoy electro music. But I have zero interest in what you just described. I would almost say I'll give it a quick listen, as I did enjoy them early on, but I don't think I hate myself enough to do so.

Old
04-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Volchenkovs Face

I feel like I completely missed the On Demand Release of God Bless America. Anyone seen it yet?

Old
04-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGigantic View Post
That's awesome.

Old
04-18-2012, 06:29 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Old
04-18-2012, 06:30 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Old
04-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Scott04

Old
04-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

I don`t get it. Someone enlighten me.

Kinda morbid too, don`t you think?

Old
04-18-2012, 07:04 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
I don`t get it. Someone enlighten me.

Kinda morbid too, don`t you think?
Tupac "performed" at this year's Coachella Festival (with Snoop). 16 years after his death. As a hologram.

The Japanese actually have had holographic "pop stars" for years, who perform concerts despite not actually existing... But as far as I know this was the first time the technology has been used for a major event in the USA.

News of the 'Pac performance got all over the internet in a nanosecond, and it quickly became a "meme", where Hologram Tupac appears all over the place.

To me, Hologram Tupac performing with kitschy animated popstars "Gem and the Holograms" was a perfect mash-up. And the Star Wars reference was the obvious one, being perhaps the most famous hologram moment in pop culture history.

Closed Thread