HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seeing a lot of bandwagonner fans come out of the woodwork recently?

Old
04-17-2012, 09:08 PM
NickyMaz

vCash: 500
Tucson, AZ is definitley not a hockey town but in the past few weeks I've been pleasently surprised by folks around town sporting hockey gear or asking me about the playoffs when they see me wearing my Rangers stuff. We had an airshow here this weekend and I saw a good number of folks with Coyotes shirts/hats, Flyers and Bruins gear too. Had several people ask me how the Rangers are doing. I think it's good there are people here at least thinking about NHL and possibly watching games.

One thing about Arizona is there are a lot of transplants. Most people from here wouldn't know hockey from a hole in the ground.

NickyMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:13 PM
bmw2004

Bandwagoners?

It looks like the Rangers don't get a lot of them for some reason. Is this beacause of the hate or the fear towards our team? We really don't need them to be on our side, we have enough of proud and faithful group of fans. LGR!!!

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:15 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Believe me, if we go deep you'll think that NYC is an actual hockey town if you don't know better.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:15 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

like u said who needs them...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:16 PM
EEDAWGZ

I ll take a fake fan over a hater any day of the week , esp if they help make the garden erupt on thurs. LGR

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:18 PM
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!

I've been seeing alot of casual fans lately. Only watching hockey because of the Rangers lol better than bandwagoners though

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
It looks like the Rangers don't get a lot of them for some reason. Is this beacause of the hate or the fear towards our team? We really don't need them to be on our side, we have enough of proud and faithful group of fans. LGR!!!
Dude, this is so not true. The Rangers, like any other team, have bandwagon fans as well.

The deeper they go, the more you will see.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:21 PM
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!

And to expand on what I said, these people aren't bandwagoners because they only watch when the Rangers are good. They won't jump ship to, say, Nashville next season should we lose.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Like I said in another thread, I'd rather argue with a rival fan than play superficial buddy to some band wagoner.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:58 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Like I said in another thread, I'd rather argue with a rival fan than play superficial buddy to some band wagoner.
I'd like to add that I'd prefer a bandwagon fan cheering his/her ass off at a playoff game than see a suit take up a seat that could not give a F about hockey

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:50 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
If the win Game 7 a ton of people will be jumping on the bandwagon...2 things bring in bandwagoners...a big "nayme" player and PO success.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:56 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post

Agree.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:35 AM
EDDIE20*

Speaking for myself, I'd like to see another original six team win the Cup.

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:41 AM
DeadPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
If the win Game 7 a ton of people will be jumping on the bandwagon...2 things bring in bandwagoners...a big "nayme" player and PO success.
Your not kidding.

Of course the more fans the better, but it's a bit disappointing when you've been through all of the heartache in the last 17-18 years and then all of a sudden everyone is a Rangers fan.

DeadPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Every fan has to start somewhere, who cares if they are 5, or 25. I welcome all new fans, because fans on the bandwagon, will eventually just be real fans.

Some people aren't brought up to like the Rangers, or hockey at all, so they don't care about them until they are good. Well now the Rangers are good and picking up some bandwagon fans, which is nothing but good for the sport and the team.

I bet the same people complaining about bandwagoners are the same ones that complain about no press in the media. So you want no one else to root for your team, or watch them, but you want everyone to talk about it?

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:49 AM
DeadPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
Every fan has to start somewhere, who cares if they are 5, or 25. I welcome all new fans, because fans on the bandwagon, will eventually just be real fans.

Some people aren't brought up to like the Rangers, or hockey at all, so they don't care about them until they are good. Well now the Rangers are good and picking up some bandwagon fans, which is nothing but good for the sport and the team.

I bet the same people complaining about bandwagoners are the same ones that complain about no press in the media. So you want no one else to root for your team, or watch them, but you want everyone to talk about it?

Call me crazy, but I think a real fan is one who is a fan through the good times and bad. I doubt any of these bandwagon fans will be around next year unless the Rangers are in the same situation.

Last edited by DeadPuck: 04-26-2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: typo
DeadPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:08 AM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPuck View Post
Your not kidding.

Of course the more fans the better, but it's a bit disappointing when you've been through all of the heartache in the last 17-18 years and then all of a sudden everyone is a Rangers fan.

This

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:12 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
lol you see MSG cut to a shot of the bandwaggoners during the first goal celebration?

No Ranger jerseys on any of these guys... 2 dudes on the left are already dressed up for the bars/clubs and got the hair gel in, and the 2 guys on the right, suits and foam fingers? Really? The one guy is even wearing a plastic bag on one hand for some unknown reason.... Definitely never been to a HOCKEY game before...
Those guys look straight Euro... just sayin. Probably cheering for Lundqvist.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:26 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
if anyone ever saw me wearing rangers gear and judged me to be a bandwagon fan, at least if i found out, id punch them in the face in a split second

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregNYR19 View Post
if anyone ever saw me wearing rangers gear and judged me to be a bandwagon fan, at least if i found out, id punch them in the face in a split second
yeah, i know the feeling. After being a ranger fan during the late 90s and early 00's, finally having a good team is pretty nice...to be called a bandwagoner after never missing a game during that era would frustrate me to no end. luckily, everyone who knows me knows how insane i am about the Rangers, and for how long ive been a ranger fan

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregNYR19 View Post
Does that stop you from judging others as bandwagon fans?

I dont know whats worse, the johnny-come-latelys or the superfans that think its impossible for anyone to like a team more than they do.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:35 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPuck View Post
Your not kidding.

Doesn't matter to me if people jump on when things are going good, of course not all of them will stay but if 2-5% of them stay and learn to love the game of hockey and this team the way we do, it helps build the fanbase for not only the team but the NHL.

Old
04-26-2012, 11:39 AM
pavelich

A lot of people on this board probably hopped on the bandwagon in ...oh about 1994
I say the more the merrier.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:42 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatant View Post

this +1

Old
04-26-2012, 11:44 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelich View Post
A lot of people on this board probably hopped on the bandwagon in ...oh about 1994
I say the more the merrier.
Dont even think a lot of people on this board were alive in 1994.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote