HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ROOT says we cheated in GM 2 win

Old
04-17-2012, 06:50 PM
dawkins121

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
I actually thought that was hilarious. People are too sensitive. I mean the guy died in 1918, c'mon. This may be the single best thing I've heard come out of their mouths.
Yeah, not a quip I'd make on TV but I thought it was kinda funny to be honest.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Quote:
I actually thought that was hilarious. People are too sensitive. I mean the guy died in 1918, c'mon. This may be the single best thing I've heard come out of their mouths.
People aren't being sensitive some people just don't think its appropriate to laugh at someone dying in the same breath as saying we don't want to laugh about how he died. Its called professionalism, they're sports commentators not comedians.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:17 PM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionofDoom627 View Post
People aren't being sensitive some people just don't think its appropriate to laugh at someone dying in the same breath as saying we don't want to laugh about how he died. Its called professionalism, they're sports commentators not comedians.
I think you're overreacting, nothing wrong with jokes, spices up the commentary. If this was anyone but these announcers you probably wouldn't have much of an issue with it.

teegale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:55 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
I think you're overreacting, nothing wrong with jokes, spices up the commentary. If this was anyone but these announcers you probably wouldn't have much of an issue with it.
I would, that's rediculous. I don't know, I guess we just have a different sense of humor. Personally I think that's disgusting.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:58 PM
CanadianFlyersFan18

Here to point something out.. Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no such thing as an illegal stick or curve in the NHL anymore? I actually have an Ovie and Mike Richards Pro stock sticks respectively and those curves are out of this world. Can't see Jagrs being any worse than those two.
And at the end of the day is doesn't matter because the Pens are down right awful, Cheers!

CanadianFlyersFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:18 PM
StandingCow

Just more pens fans/media crying and mad.

StandingCow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyersFan18 View Post
Here to point something out.. Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no such thing as an illegal stick or curve in the NHL anymore? I actually have an Ovie and Mike Richards Pro stock sticks respectively and those curves are out of this world. Can't see Jagrs being any worse than those two.
And at the end of the day is doesn't matter because the Pens are down right awful, Cheers!
Pretty sure it's still illegal.. Though the refs arent going to go about it all the time so they only go when asked

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:27 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyersFan18 View Post
No there's rules. I have seen a ref (don't remember which team) take a player's stick and measure the curve. The stick was in-fact illegal. As a result, the player had to retrieve a new legal stick.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:35 PM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Pretty sure it's still illegal.. Though the refs arent going to go about it all the time so they only go when asked
i'm not sure either, i don't remember seeing it recently, but i am pretty sure a coach calls out a player and that is when they measure the stick. If they are using an illegal stick, they get a 2 minute penalty, and if they aren't the accusing team gets a 2 minute penalty.

this video explains it, and its funny how spezza breaks the steak to try to get away with it:

jagrgodr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:07 PM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I would, that's rediculous. I don't know, I guess we just have a different sense of humor. Personally I think that's disgusting.
Cracking a joke about a dude that's been dead for almost 100 years is disgusting? I'd bust out an Abraham Lincoln joke to lighten the mood but I think it might be too soon for you.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:18 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Cracking a joke about a dude that's been dead for almost 100 years is disgusting? I'd bust out an Abraham Lincoln joke to lighten the mood but I think it might be too soon for you.
Did you hear about that assassination of Caesar? It was Brutal. Just proves you can't be too Cassius these days.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 06:44 AM
CJV123

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
they're a bunch of morons

proof:

You know, I've long hated the Pens' duo, finding them the most grating homers on the air, and that's saying something. But I hadn't even seen this clip. How could someone say something like that and get away with it?

CJV123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:16 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
It's TV. You don't know who's in your audience. He's paid to provide commentary on the game, not crack jokes about local American war heroes. Some people would still find that to be over the line.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:28 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Did you hear about that assassination of Caesar? It was Brutal. Just proves you can't be too Cassius these days.
This guy gets it. The rest of you are a bunch of sensitive Sallys. I guess that's to be expected after reading the Neal suspension thread.