HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Americans Off-Season / Minor League Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 11:42 AM
DixonWard15

vCash: 500
^that surprises me, I would have thought playoff hockey would have brought more people in. The more 'veteran' STHs that sit in the next row told us to expect 10k+ for every playoff game.

But if they aren't bringing them in then it would make CENTS to get the first round over.

Old
04-16-2012, 12:28 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
^that surprises me, I would have thought playoff hockey would have brought more people in. The more 'veteran' STHs that sit in the next row told us to expect 10k+ for every playoff game.

But if they aren't bringing them in then it would make CENTS to get the first round over.
Those STH's could not possibly have been "veterans" if they said that. You'll be lucky to hit 3,500 for the first round.

Not all STH's buy the playoff package, especially businesses. There's barely any time to sell tickets. One week, even less had the Amerks started at home. And along with that, group sales drive AHL attendance and there simply isn't enough time to sell any significant numbers.

The crowds start to grow a bit by round 2. Round 3 will see some bigger crowds and if the Amerks make the finals, that's when you see a full arena.

Old
04-16-2012, 12:59 PM
DixonWard15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Those STH's could not possibly have been "veterans" if they said that. You'll be lucky to hit 3,500 for the first round.

Not all STH's buy the playoff package, especially businesses. There's barely any time to sell tickets. One week, even less had the Amerks started at home. And along with that, group sales drive AHL attendance and there simply isn't enough time to sell any significant numbers.

The crowds start to grow a bit by round 2. Round 3 will see some bigger crowds and if the Amerks make the finals, that's when you see a full arena.
That makes sense, I'm sure momentum would build in town. I just picked up my STH playoff package at the office for the first two rounds, I think the Amerks staff might need to check the standings one more time.

They sold the package as 6 games, 2 in the first row and 4 in the second. I'm sorry but it is mathematically impossible for them as the 7th seed to host 4 games in the second round. The only time that could happen is if they met the Houston Aeros in the Conference Finals. They reassured me I would be refunded if the games weren't played but how does this not look like a cash grab?

Old
04-16-2012, 01:12 PM
tmack224

Can anyone post the Line combos for the Amerks?

Old
04-16-2012, 01:15 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
Can anyone post the Line combos for the Amerks?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=679

Here is what I remember from Friday night.

Obviously, those changed with ShaMo out on Saturday.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:18 PM
tmack224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=679

Here is what I remember from Friday night.

Obviously, those changed with ShaMo out on Saturday.
thanks man

Old
04-16-2012, 01:29 PM
joshjull

Quote:
That makes sense, I'm sure momentum would build in town. I just picked up my STH playoff package at the office for the first two rounds, I think the Amerks staff might need to check the standings one more time.

They sold the package as 6 games, 2 in the first row and 4 in the second. I'm sorry but it is mathematically impossible for them as the 7th seed to host 4 games in the second round. The only time that could happen is if they met the Houston Aeros in the Conference Finals. They reassured me I would be refunded if the games weren't played but how does this not look like a cash grab?
Its not much of a money grab if they have to give the money back in a few weeks.

Sabres have done the same thing with the 2nd round. They charge you for 4 games.

Then you're given the option of a refund for the games not played or a credit towards next years season tix.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:06 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Leggio finished 2nd in the AHL in minutes played for goalies. He was less than 45 minutes behind Jeremy Smith of Milwaukee and less than 10 minutes ahead of Michael Leighton of Adirondack who was 3rd.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Rebuild

Quote:

The Sabres charged us for 6 games as well. I'm not sure when we'll be offered the refund. But, it's not nearly the profit maker people make it out to be. Interest rates are pretty low right now. so they are not making much there and the process of issuing chargeebacks to credit cards and cutting checks is time consuming and not cheap.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:28 PM
sabresfan129103

I know he won't play, but has Knapp been dressing for the games? He made comments on twitter about how great the fans in Rochester were.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I know he won't play, but has Knapp been dressing for the games? He made comments on twitter about how great the fans in Rochester were.
MacIntyre's wife had a baby at the end of March, so Knapp has dressed in his place as backup for the last handful of games.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:35 PM
sabrefan27

Ticket sales actually seem to be somewhat strong for Monday, considering past first round playoff history. Looks like it could be a solid crowd.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:41 AM
DixonWard15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Ticket sales actually seem to be somewhat strong for Monday, considering past first round playoff history. Looks like it could be a solid crowd.
Just got back from the box office, I went there with a co-worker. There was a line of about 10-15 people, and there is no discount for STHs looking for additional tickets. The prices have also gone up, the lady working there said tickets are selling nicely and there should be a good crowd for Monday.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:02 PM
UncleBenny

Anyone can get $12 tickets($2 more than STHs) here:

https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1206115-EHf8WEyYH0

Old
04-18-2012, 01:30 PM
DixonWard15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
Anyone can get $12 tickets($2 more than STHs) here:

https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1206115-EHf8WEyYH0
"best available seating"

Those are going to be in the upper half of 211-219 and 200-201 and 229. At the box office they taped over certain sections to show the increases and were upfront that prices had gone up.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:42 PM
UncleBenny

Quote:
"best available seating"

Those are going to be in the upper half of 211-219 and 200-201 and 229. At the box office they taped over certain sections to show the increases and were upfront that prices had gone up.
Sure about that? Every time I ordered through one of those forms "best available" meant exactly what it said, any seat in the building. I don't see why it would be something different now.

You can also just go right through Ticketmaster's website and use the promo code "BCA" for a $12 seat in any section, still get nailed with Ticketmaster fees ordering online though.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:51 PM
DixonWard15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
Sure about that? Every time I ordered through one of those forms "best available" meant exactly what it said, any seat in the building. I don't see why it would be something different now.

You can also just go right through Ticketmaster's website and use the promo code "BCA" for a $12 seat in any section, still get nailed with Ticketmaster fees ordering online though.
Well if it works then I stand corrected.

Old
04-18-2012, 04:52 PM
UncleBenny

Games 1 and 2 will be on TV in Rochester and Buffalo on Time Warner Sports. Sounds like it will have the Marlies commentary, but its better than nothing.

Old
04-18-2012, 05:06 PM
DixonWard15

Injured defenseman Shaone Morrisonn is not traveling on the bus to Toronto with the Rochester Americans but he hasn’t been ruled out for Game 1 just yet.

Amerks coach Ron Rolston said Morrisonn “had a good day” of treatment and he “potentially may meet us up there.”

He needs to be in the lineup for us to have a chance

Old
04-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Woodhouse

D&C -- Now that Amerks are in, the real work begins:
Quote:
The Amerks play the Toronto Marlies in the first round of the playoffs. Game 1 of the Western Conference quarterfinals is at 7 p.m. Thursday at Ricoh Coliseum.

There is no question the Amerks are the underdog. The Marlies won eight more games and earned 10 more points than the Amerks during the 76-game regular season. They outscored opponents 217-175. Those 175 goals-against, an ultra stingy 2.3 per game were best in the AHL.
Quote:
Defenseman Shaone Morrisonn did not practice today and is apparently out, at least for the series opener. There was no medical update today.

Ryan Grimshaw of Greece and Corey Fienhage skated in his place, so coach Ron Rolston apparently isn’t sure which one will fill in if Morrisonn can’t play.

The game group of players practiced, then the extras.

The two goals in the game group were David Leggio and Drew MacIntyre. Apparently now that MacIntyre has been back with the team for a week and able to practice again, he will be the backup.

During his week off to tend to household chores after his wife gave birth to their second child, Connor Knapp was Leggio’s backup.
Quote:
The Amerks practice squad got deeper today; forward Kevin Sundher was assigned by the Sabres now that his junior season is over.

Sundher was Buffalo’s third-round pick (75th overall) in 2010 and turns pro next season. He scored 26-49-75 in 58 Western Hockey League games for Victoria and Brandon.
Quote:
Housekeeping stats:

Goalie David Leggio led the AHL in saves with 1,579.

Center Phil Varone tied for rookie lead in assists with 41 (Cory Conacher, Norfolk; Jason Akeson, Adirondack).

T.J. Brennan tied for AHL lead in goals among defensemen, 16 (Eric Gelinas, Albany; former Amerk Clay Wilson, Abbotsford).

Old
04-18-2012, 06:35 PM
OcAirlines

Any chance that there will be a stream for these games?

Old
04-18-2012, 06:44 PM
revengeiseek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
Any chance that there will be a stream for these games?
It is going to be televised on leafs tv so there is some hope.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:01 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 934
The Rochester Americans announced today that the first two road games (Games 1/2)
of the Amerks’ Calder Cup Playoff series versus the Toronto Marlies will be televised in
Rochester and Buffalo on Time Warner Cable Sportsnet.

Game 1 of the best-of-five series takes place on Thursday, April 19 at 7:00 pm ET at
Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto, while Game 2 is scheduled for 3:00 pm ET on Saturday,
April 21 at Ricoh Coliseum.

The television broadcasts of Games 1 and 2 will be produced by Toronto’s Leafs TV
and will be available locally to Time Warner subscribers on Channels 26 and 1026 (HD)
in Rochester, as well as Channels 13 and 713 (HD) in Buffalo.

http://www.amerks.com/newsX.asp?type=News&aID=529

LS: Wouldn't be shock if Rochester returns the favor and produces Game #3 and (if it
happens) Game #4 - to be not only be shown on Leafs TV but TWCSN Rochester and
TWCSN Buffalo as well. I hope thats the case as I can't attend either Amerks home
game next week.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 04-18-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old
04-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I suppose it would've been out of character for Buffalo to have claimed Rosehill to keep him out of the series...

I was in Toronto last week/weekend and there was a lot of Marlie advertising out and about -- more than I was expecting is probably a better way of putting it.

04-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Woodhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I suppose it would've been out of character for Buffalo to have claimed Rosehill to keep him out of the series...

I was in Toronto last week/weekend and there was a lot of Marlie advertising out and about -- more than I was expecting is probably a better way of putting it.
Do we want a GDT or Series Talk thread for the Amerks playoff run? I might have time to throw something together.

And just a heads up to anyone making the drive to Toronto for Game 2 on Saturday, there's also a soccer match in the afternoon at 3:30 PM ET, so parking could be a ***** seeing that BMO Place is around the corner from Ricoh Colliseum. (TFC are typically a big draw.)

Closed Thread