HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Game 4 6:30 pm CST - NSH @ DET - Flying V

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 09:33 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Well, let's not settle for just a series win. Need to close this out in 5.
I picked us to win in 5. Didn't think we'd win two games in Detroit but happily surprised.

That said, still ain't over yet!

Old
04-17-2012, 09:34 PM
oldtimerhockey

Dead Things go down!!! Nice work Nashville!

Old
Fuelled by Passion

Technically in each game were scored 5 goals. Today's game should be 4-1 to Preds. Hockey gods don't like cheaters, referees were trying to get undeserved 2-2 tie for Detroit. Bad boyz lose good boyz win. Yeah!!
Finish them on Friday

Old
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
outshot 41-17.

and the series stands at Rinne 3 - Detroit 1
Well said! The guy is absolutely amazing. He stole last game, and then does It again!

Old
04-17-2012, 09:35 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Ya'll have no idea how happy I am! It's a beautiful Wednesday here in Taiwan!

Old
04-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Thank you, Preds! Please let's win these series!

Old
04-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

No words except "Pekka Rinne.". Most emotional game for me since game 5 Chicago. Very proud despite the weak overall play. Resilience defined the game.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:37 PM
wpgallday1960

Congrats gentlemen. Now finish off the Wings and then win the Cup like I predicted.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Very pleased we got the win but sometimes watching the NHL is like watching a minor league.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:39 PM
WingsFan734

I have got to give props to the predators. They are well coached, they are big, fast and they are PATIENT. They gave up next to NOTHING despite most of the game on the defensive.

Clearly they have bought in to a system and they have been well trained how to beat my team.

I'm highly disappointed in my team. The wings used to be money in big games and over the past few years that's not been the case. IF we go out this year in round 1, it's time to get rid of all the aging players and buy some young fast talent.

Anyway, the refs did their best in my view to give the wings every opportunity with the power play, but they couldn't do much at all with it.

Good luck guys. It ain't over yet, but it's probably over. Good luck moving on...

So *** irritating. You watch your team all year with high hopes only to get bounced. Dejecting feeling..

Old
04-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsFan734 View Post
I have got to give props to the predators. They are well coached, they are big, fast and they are PATIENT. They gave up next to NOTHING despite most of the game on the defensive.

Clearly they have bought in to a system and they have been well trained how to beat my team.

I'm highly disappointed in my team. The wings used to be money in big games and over the past few years that's not been the case. IF we go out this year in round 1, it's time to get rid of all the aging players and buy some young fast talent.

Anyway, the refs did their best in my view to give the wings every opportunity with the power play, but they couldn't do much at all with it.

Good luck guys. It ain't over yet, but it's probably over. Good luck moving on...

So *** irritating. You watch your team all year with high hopes only to get bounced. Dejecting feeling..
Sounds like the general feeling around here at the end of most seasons. Nobody's chalking up a win yet, though, the fourth one's the toughest. Still can barely watch any time 13 or 40 have the puck for you guys.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:41 PM
JussiM

Wow, what a turn of events after two periods.

Rinne!

Old
04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Liquidfire3240

Quote:

Detroit was an "old" team back in 2007 or 2008, everyone thought it would be "one more year, then everyone would retire", for 2 or 3 years in a row, they just wouldnt start losing.
It was just drug out for a few more years, only since this year and parts of last has it started to show up.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
klt2001

Quote:

Don't worry we know the feeling. Thanks for the nice words though. It's still not over yet though.

Last edited by klt2001: 04-17-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old
04-17-2012, 09:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Hope those fans cry tears in their beers while they leave the Joe realizing we just beat them twice in their barn.
We won our last regular season against them in their barn as well.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:43 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:

It ain't over yet no reason to hang your head. Wings played great, Rinne played better.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:44 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Wow, what a turn of events after two periods.

Rinne!
Will you be able to go to sleep now?

Old
04-17-2012, 09:47 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
We won our last regular season against them in their barn as well.
That we did.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:48 PM
WingsFan734

Quote:
It ain't over yet no reason to hang your head. Wings played great, Rinne played better.
From my point of view, I don't even think you have needed Rinne to steal any games. He's been solid, but he's giving up plenty of rebounds. The problem is that defensive structure that the preds are playing. It's very hard for the Wings to get any passes across ice (which they live on) and get rebounds.

Rinne has been down and out many a time but the defense bailed him out.

I honestly don't compare this series to previous ones where the wings would run into some ridiculously hot goalie. In those games there were spectacular saves all over the place.

In this series, to me, it's been the team defense and patience that the Preds have displayed. SOLID, SOLID DEFENSE.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:48 PM
PanthersHockey1
The Ring of Fire

Go Preds! Doing big things out west!

Old
04-17-2012, 09:49 PM
drwpreds

WHAT A WIN!!!! Man, Bridgestone is going to be INSANE on Friday!!!! It can't get here soon enough......

And I still can't get over Detroit fans leaving with 3 minutes left down 2-1. The fans were filing out with their backs to the ice while Detroit was in the offensive zone firing pucks at our net- unbelievable

Old
04-17-2012, 09:49 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

So I think after tonight we've learned a fact that comes with the territory of being a contender:

There are games where you do everything right and still get shafted. It happens.

The no goal was horrible but it says a lot that this team was able to suck it up and keep going. As cliche as it sounds, winners have to overcome adversity.

They could have seen the no goal, horrible reffing and ping pong cops and said "nope, we're out", but they sacked up and got the W. That, in a sense, is very much a rep of Preds hockey on the whole.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:50 PM
JussiM

Quote:
Will you be able to go to sleep now?
Yeah, I don't know how I am able to! Hopefully rest of the Chi-Phx game turns out the be a snoozer.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:50 PM
WingsFan734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
Detroit was an "old" team back in 2007 or 2008, everyone thought it would be "one more year, then everyone would retire", for 2 or 3 years in a row, they just wouldnt start losing.
It was just drug out for a few more years, only since this year and parts of last has it started to show up.
I agree mostly with you. I love Lidstrom, but he is not utilized much anymore. He doesn't kill penalties due to his injury/age. That's a huge top defensemen NOT being used, or used more sparingly. Not more than 2 years ago he was playing 30 minutes a game still.

Homer had his day, but he's really fallen off. Bertuzzi is just too slow.

Alot of the guys on my team have great talent, but they're just not quick enough for playoff hockey anymore. Lids' day is passing by unfortunately. He's getting slower while the game is getting faster.

I could break my team down but now's not the time lol, too emotional. Let's just say, they really need to go out and buy some young and speedy, hungry talent with all the cap room they'll have after this season.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:52 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Go Preds! Doing big things out west!
Hey it's not like the Panthers are slouching back east! Way to go today!

Closed Thread