HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Game 4 6:30 pm CST - NSH @ DET - Flying V

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 500
I cannot believe I had to give away my game 5 tickets....

It's my brother's engagement party and I can't even watch the game on TV.

Also did anyone else see that Weber had 31:20 of ice time in a regulation game? That is crazy.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:53 PM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

I think I may need to give the neighbors a heads up I may well be streaking down the neighborhood if we do this thing on Friday.

Old
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsFan734 View Post
I have got to give props to the predators. They are well coached, they are big, fast and they are PATIENT. They gave up next to NOTHING despite most of the game on the defensive.

Clearly they have bought in to a system and they have been well trained how to beat my team.

I'm highly disappointed in my team. The wings used to be money in big games and over the past few years that's not been the case. IF we go out this year in round 1, it's time to get rid of all the aging players and buy some young fast talent.

Anyway, the refs did their best in my view to give the wings every opportunity with the power play, but they couldn't do much at all with it.

Good luck guys. It ain't over yet, but it's probably over. Good luck moving on...

So *** irritating. You watch your team all year with high hopes only to get bounced. Dejecting feeling..
Well, at least your legendary, highly respected team hasn't become a laughing stock by firing key personnel just hours before games, pulling players off the ice during a match against your rivals so they can be traded and doing their level best to come off as 2nd rate in just about everything they do. One of our highest points of the year was beating your guys, not a great deal more to celebrate for Habs fans.

Out of interest, you mention potentially getting rid of some older players. Do you feel it's the older guys letting the side down the most, the younger guys not being ready, a lack of any attribute in particular or a combination of factors that is affecting Detroit? I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of someone who watches them constantly.

Old
Head Above Water

Not even trolling here, but if Rinne falters in any series, you guys are toast. Yikes.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:54 PM
tserberis*

1 Rinne
2 Erat
3 KK

Old
04-17-2012, 10:57 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Above Water View Post
Not even trolling here, but if Rinne falters in any series, you guys are toast. Yikes.
and if he doesnt =

Old
04-17-2012, 11:01 PM
JussiM

Quote:
Well sure, but how many teams would survive their starting goalie faltering? So far Flyers seems to but...

Old
04-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Head Above Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Well sure, but how many teams would survive their starting goalie faltering? So far Flyers seems to but...
I mean, even a little bit, not a full-fledged collapse. I actually like the Predators, their system, and a bunch of their players, but performances like tonight are not gonna cut it if a team finds a way to get pucks past Rinne. That said, the guy is an animal.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:03 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
I cannot believe I had to give away my game 5 tickets....

It's my brother's engagement party and I can't even watch the game on TV.

Also did anyone else see that Weber had 31:20 of ice time in a regulation game? That is crazy.
Screw that, it's playoff hockey!

Old
04-17-2012, 11:09 PM
JussiM

Quote:
I mean, even a little bit, not a full-fledged collapse. I actually like the Predators, their system, and a bunch of their players, but performances like tonight are not gonna cut it if a team finds a way to get pucks past Rinne. That said, the guy is an animal.
Fair enough. You're absolutely right that a team can't consistently let 40+ shots, many things to improve for the Preds all around.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:09 PM
WingsFan734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Well, at least your legendary, highly respected team hasn't become a laughing stock by firing key personnel just hours before games, pulling players off the ice during a match against your rivals so they can be traded and doing their level best to come off as 2nd rate in just about everything they do. One of our highest points of the year was beating your guys, not a great deal more to celebrate for Habs fans.

Out of interest, you mention potentially getting rid of some older players. Do you feel it's the older guys letting the side down the most, the younger guys not being ready, a lack of any attribute in particular or a combination of factors that is affecting Detroit? I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of someone who watches them constantly.
I'll tell you what I feel it is:

The wings are fine for regular season play. They have a ton of talent, but the players are smaller and they are not hitters. I don't care if they throw hits, they're small players and it's not the same as a 230lb player throwing a hit.

In my view, as we have evolved since the lockout and new CBA, the game has gotten faster and if you don't have size and speed today, you can have all the talent in the world but it will get trumped. The wings don't currently have the speed to recover from mistakes. Look what happened tonight. On the rare chance they had a defensive breakdown, the Preds took advantage on that puck and headed to the net. The wings scrambled to get back but they can't outskate anyone. The one player that can on this team is injured in Helm.

Our star players like Datsyuk and Zetterberg are 30-32 years old now. They're fine for another couple years but they're no spring chickens, and they're SMALL.

Lidstrom, god I love him, but the game is passing him now, and only in the last 2 years can I say that. This year they have dropped his ice time quite a bit. he's not killing penalties anymore,but yet we are paying him what top D make.

Homer should go to heaven for the beatings he's taken in his career. But he's getting slower and I think he just turned 38 yrs old.

The young talent on this team is the future, but they are ALL SMALL. We have to go out and buy some young, big, fast players to help balance this team out.

And this starts with the GM not adjusting this team in the last 3 years. This is how we got beat 2 years ago, last year, and now this year. Last couple years it was SJ, who in my view has more raw talent than the Preds, but they also had speed and size, and just wore the wings down.

The style the preds are playing, the wings in my opinion cannot currently adapt to, because we don't have the speed to adapt to it. The only way to get through what the Preds are doing shy of lucky bounces, is to out hustle them, and we just don't have the personnel to do it.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Legionnaire11

Wings board is awesome right now. If their hockey team is feeling as defeated as their fanbase right now, Friday night is gonna be a cakewalk.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:22 PM
WingsFan734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Wings board is awesome right now. If their hockey team is feeling as defeated as their fanbase right now, Friday night is gonna be a cakewalk.
What do you expect dude? If you were down 3-1 this board would likely be the same, just like any other fan board of a team that goes down 3-1 at home, and has to go on the road.

Ironically, that might be the most positive thing...the road team is like 15-8 this playoffs. STupid stat...it shouldn't really be that way.

Thanks Bettman.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:23 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

rinne

Old
04-17-2012, 11:23 PM
VFL615*

Nice win tonight with everything against them. The past, crowd, away game, 0 offense for 2 periods, and last but the biggest REFS.

It makes me puke in my mouth listening to the wings fans for days complain about the refs. All but two of the calls on the Preds tonight were complete bs. Really you lost sight of the puck because it was in the net so you blow the whistle and no replay. That bs needs to be fixed. Over and over when the wings are down the refs give them a powerplay. Everyone ever wonder why they are such a great come from behind team?? You got to see it in it's best form tonight.

Zetterbaby nailed Weber on top of the head/face with his stick towards the end of the game. I do not want to hear another freaking word about Weber slamming his head. That is two times late in the game Zetterbaby has made contact with Weber neck/head area with his stick very late in games.

Leggy responded to his practice demotion with what should have been 2 goals.

The Preds are going to have to SHOW UP FOR 60 MINUTES friday to end this thing. I hope they get tore a new one for the first two periods, get some rest, and come out wanting to end this series Friday night.

See yall there!

Old
04-17-2012, 11:26 PM
WingsFan734

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Nice win tonight with everything against them. The past, crowd, away game, 0 offense for 2 periods, and last but the biggest REFS.

It makes me puke in my mouth listening to the wings fans for days complain about the refs. The all put two of the calls on the Preds tonight were complete bs. Really you lost sight of the puck because it was in the net so you blow the whistle and no replay. That bs needs to be fixed. Over and over when the wings are down the refs give them a powerplay. Everyone ever wonder why they are such a great come behind team?? You got to see it in it's best form.

Zetterbaby nailed Weber on top of the head/face with his stick towards the end of the game. I do not want to hear another freaking word about Weber slamming his head. That is two times late in the game Zetterbaby has made contact with Weber neck/head area with his very late in games.

Leggy responded to his practice demotion with what should have been 2 goals.

The Preds are going to have to SHOW UP FOR 60 MINUTES friday to end this thing. I hope they get tore a new one for the first two periods, get some rest, and come out wanting to end this series Friday night.

See yall there!
First, I agree with you about the refs. the refs did everything possible to give the red wings chances to score. The non-goal was absurd. Good job on your team to not hvae a letdown and in fact seem to be motivated by it and get the goal shortly thereafter.

Second, your view on Zetterberg's high stick at the end of the game is ridiculous. DO you really think he purposely took a high stick penalty with the game on the line to put his team down and take any chance away of tying the game? Come on...that was an accidental high stick. The headbash was deliberate.

Old
SavageSteve

All I can say is that IF we win the series on Friday... will this be as close as I'll ever get to the feeling I got watching Team USA beat the Soviets in 1980? Growing up a Blues fan and adopting the Preds in 1998, I've found a lot of pain as a fan of both teams in the playoffs. This will just be sweet but just as scary as Team USA's situation after beating the Soviets as they had more to play on for or else they wouldn't get the big prize. I want MY TEAM to win the Cup!! GO PREDS!

Old
darth5
Rowsdower!

Wow, Zetterberg's two handed chop? Brutal. At least it got a penalty immediately. And we had trolls proclaiming Weber was classless??
That is no more a hockey play than Web's head smack was, and I don't condone what our caption did there. Unless #6's helmet is in fact a puck, though...

Old
04-17-2012, 11:27 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
What do you expect dude? If you were down 3-1 this board would likely be the same, just like any other fan board of a team that goes down 3-1 at home, and has to go on the road.

Ironically, that might be the most positive thing...the road team is like 15-8 this playoffs. STupid stat...it shouldn't really be that way.

Thanks Bettman.

i agree with the bolded. this board would be melting harder than lava.

all i gotta say is every game in this series has been a nail bitter. perfect playoff hockey in my book. minus some bad reffing, but that will always happen.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:29 PM
AEM6729

Wonder who Horachek was referring to in his amazing between-periods interview...ya know, the players he said aren't willing to forecheck or give a hit or take a hit to make a play? Hmm...

So, so glad we pulled this game out. I am a little concerned that we're doing what we were doing for stretches of the regular season: playing badly, but winning anyway, and then continuing to play badly. We've gotten away with it so far but it won't take us to the Cup. Hopefully the fact that we're winning doesn't make our guys feel like the way they've been playing is okay.

That being said, maybe we should allow ourselves to be outplayed on Friday since the team who's outplayed always wins in this series!

Can't WAIT for Friday. The Bridge is gonna be insane.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:31 PM
WingsFan734

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
Wow, Zetterberg's two handed chop? Brutal. At least it got a penalty immediately. And we had trolls proclaiming Weber was classless??
That is no more a hockey play than Web's head smack was, and I don't condone what our caption did there. Unless #6's helmet is in fact a puck, though...
I completely disagree. The wings were trying to score a goal to tie the game. Z isn't going to deliberately crack Weber in the head at that point. No way.

He doesn't have that kind of mean streak in him. IF it had been Franzen it's more debatable.

It was a high stick, it happens. I was frustrated at the time it happened...why couldn't it happen a few minutes earlier so we could at least have a shot to tie the damn game at the end?

FRUSTRATING

Old
04-17-2012, 11:32 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

NHL Tonight

Before the commercial break before this one... just after talking about Florida/New Jersey "When we come back we'll take you to the Joe Louis Arena".

Came back from commercial break... more clips of Florida and New Jersey.

When they come back from this one... clips of all series

**** off, NHL Network. If you don't talk about the Nashville game I'm going to write you a nasty letter

Old
04-17-2012, 11:33 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
First, I agree with you about the refs. the refs did everything possible to give the red wings chances to score. The non-goal was absurd. Good job on your team to not hvae a letdown and in fact seem to be motivated by it and get the goal shortly thereafter.

Second, your view on Zetterberg's high stick at the end of the game is ridiculous. DO you really think he purposely took a high stick penalty with the game on the line to put his team down and take any chance away of tying the game? Come on...that was an accidental high stick. The headbash was deliberate.
He is cocky just like most of your team and coach. With the unfair officiating i am sure he thought if the refs did manage to see it they would turn a blind eye. I was personally shocked they called it. I wish the Preds would play Cracken next game for the sole purpose of giving your diving, embellishing, cry baby, the face pounding of his life. He deserves it.
Your views are nice to read and i welcome you to the Preds board but no love and 0 respect for the red wings anymore.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Fred Murtz

Kevin Klein goal.

David Legwand goal

Old
04-17-2012, 11:37 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Let's get off the refs. We all hate it when Wings fans (or whoever we might be playing) go to that excuse, let's not stoop to that.
Well....they did suck. But fair enough. The calls were bad, but what's really complaint-worthy was not counting that goal...WTF was that about?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
There's your Rising Monster.
This. Boom!

Closed Thread