HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3: Florida Panthers @ New Jersey Devils: YOU HAVE CAT TO BE KITTEN ME RIGHT MEOW

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 10:00 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
You think they're coming back to Jersey?
They'll come back to Jersey just to annoy us all. They'll lose Game 4, somehow find a way to win Game 5 (maybe after DeBoer finally puts Marty out to pasture and starts Hedberg) and then lose Game 6 for the coup de grace and the worst home elimination yet.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Benedict will like this.

David Tippett is a free agent this off season.

If Lou did go to a new coach (Would it really be a shock?) He's a great choice.
Yes, Lou loves Pete like he did Sutter. He's here for next yr at the least and honestly baring a complete melt down he's going to be here a while.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

If Marty retires do you know how ****ED we will be next year ? If he's going to retire he better tell Lou quick because then we need to give up that 1st round this yr. Cause we'll be a lottery team next yr.

Old
NJDevs26
Status quo

DeBoer's not going anywhere, unless this team drives him to the loony bin. Or VBK finally puts Lou out to pasture and gets a new GM who wants a new coach.

Old
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Benedict will like this.

DeBoer isn't going to be fired. He has to take some of the blame as well but this is on the players. I'm sick of this team getting a free pass every season while everyone berates the coaches.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
If Marty retires do you know how ****ED we will be next year ? If he's going to retire he better tell Lou quick because then we need to give up that 1st round this yr. Cause we'll be a lottery team next yr.
He's barely better then Jose Theodore at this point (even that is debatable). We are not ****ed if he retires.

Old
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

I don't want Deboer fired. The team seems very happy with him. I criticized him during the season. He took us to a great season. Thanks Pete you're 1000x times better than Mac Loser.

Now he's looking like he's gonna join Sutter[Ftorek too] in an elite class of playoff coach failures.

I'm disgusted with him pulling Marty. How'd that spark the team for you Pete? We scored a goal after he was pulled, and Hedberg shut them out! Oh wait that was the Panthers, and Clemmensen. Oh yeah that's right.

I think the mistake Pete made was giving them a morning skate today. There is never a such thing as too much rest, and taking off a morning skate should be no exception!

Old
NJDevilsFan21

Quote:
Were were totally ****ed the few times he got injured and Clemmer/Weekes had to play for us instead?

Old
Fayne Staley
Devils drafting sux

I am deflated......

Old
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Oh I agree he won't be fired, still wouldn't shock me either way, though.

Just throwing **** against the wall.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I spent all of November blowing a gasket on here about how bad Marty was then. Even most of December.

I didn't give him a pass on that 3rd goal in game 2 either.

I know there are Marty trolls who only show up, and post when Marty has a tough game, but you guys blame Marty on those goals? I don't blame Marty, and I don't blame Theodore on his goals either.

I'm still trying to put together the right words to summarize how I feel about him being pulled tonight, and how Kevin Dineen owned Deboer.
That was the worst game I've ever seen Marty play...worse than Carolina Game 7, worse than spitting it up against Roy in the finals. He was putrid on goals 1, 3 and most likely on 2. DeBoer had to pull him or there would have been a riot Vancouver-style.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:05 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Someone go to the Devils lockerrom, and take a dump in every locker. Give them a reminder of what they played like tonight! Pathetic is too nice. I'm at a loss for words.

BTW, the people who kept throwing **** on the ice after the goalie interference call need to be sodomized. WTF?!

I definitely enjoyed the "refs you suck" chant whether it was justified or not. You will not see me say anything positive about them tonight. That's for ****ing sure!

Old
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
With the irrationality of blaming Marty sorry, but I can't tell if your post is serious is or not?

Old
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by devs44 View Post
This is what the lines should be for game 4

Kovy-Gionta-Parise

Zubrus-Elias-Poni

Sykora-Zajac-Clarkson

Henrique-Carter-Bernier
You have a couple of horrible ideas there. And even you cant split up Kovy and Parise?

Quote:
Benedict will like this.

Personally, I'd go with Ted Nolan. He was an amazing coach, and I have no idea how or why he's unemployed. He did amazing things in Buffalo and even somehow managed to get the Islanders into the playoffs. It would be interesting to see what he could do with some actual talent.

Old
The 29th Pick
By By Bernier

what ever happened to Faynes shots from the point?
they used to decent
Only Zids can get a decent shot it seems

Old
04-17-2012, 10:06 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Watching the highlights now on NHLN... oh my gawd are we good at screening our own goalie. We should play defense in the offensive zone! LOL
We are going to call our defense our offense.

Old
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
With the irrationality of blaming Marty sorry, but I can't tell if your post is serious is or not?
There isn't anyone available unless we trade for a stud who would be better than Marty over the course of the full season....MAYBE Harding...but he's going to get paid.

Vokoun, Theodore ? Clemmer ?

Meh.

To be clear this isn't a vote of confidence on Marty, just the available goalies are not better.

Old
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Also, I get the idea of saving the timeout for maybe a seemingly more crucial moment, like a long shift follwed by an icing, etc. But honestly Deboer needs to call the timeout after the second goal to not only gather the troops and tell them to stop ****ing around but also slow the panthers momentum. Look at the Flyers, Pete calls his timeouts as soon as his team is down 2-0, he gathers his team and refocuses them, and it pays off. Deboer sees the Panthers get two before the first was over but thinks everything is okay, NO. Obviously this team is mentally weak so ****ing call a timeout for them to get their **** together. If he calls a timeout then, we wont need to call the timeout at the end of the game when we' re down by 1 with a minute left. Once again... ****.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
You have a couple of horrible ideas there. And even you cant split up Kovy and Parise?

Personally, I'd go with Ted Nolan. He was an amazing coach, and I have no idea how or why he's unemployed. He did amazing things in Buffalo and even somehow managed to get the Islanders into the playoffs. It would be interesting to see what he could do with some actual talent.
Nolan is a complete jackass. He pulls the race card out when things go wrong for him. He's a good coach but I can't see Lou liking his character.

Old
Hell Zeon*
Captain Kovalchuk******

Kovalchuk looked tired for the first time since he put on a Devils uniform.

That is somewhat scary.

Old
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
That was the worst game I've ever seen Marty play...worse than Carolina Game 7, worse than spitting it up against Roy in the finals. He was putrid on goals 1, 3 and most likely on 2. DeBoer had to pull him or there would have been a riot Vancouver-style.
I can see no one will be satisfied until Marty breaks the tie on that playoff shutout record.

Any goal Marty gives up now is bad.

Marty had an awful 03 Conference Finals[We won so he got a pass]

Lemaire pulled him tons for bad goals in 95. I thought he was Sean Burke part 2. Nobody talks about that though if they even remember at all.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:08 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

BTW, after the 2nd goal, CJ stood up and started to scream "it's all your fault!" at somebody. That was great.

Old
KohoDonuts88

There's what's missing. Not from a talent standpoint, but players who absolutely, positively REFUSE TO LOSE.

Old
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
Someone throw together a PGT. Have a feeling we will be talking about this one until thursday.

Make sure there is a clever title.

Closed Thread