HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To quote Johnny Upton

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Mrs Crosby's Dryer

vCash: 500
To quote Johnny Upton

"It's ****ing' embarrassing"

Now just to be clear, this is coming from the perspective of a long term Pens fan going back to the 70's and not someone trolling from another fan base.

Having said that, I think Crosby's behavior as of late is pathetic and not that of someone who is supposed to be the captain of an NHL team. I'm not only referring to his actions on the ice, but also his interactions with the media. There is no doubt he gets a lot of grief and abuse across the board, but he should comport himself far better than he does. I thought he had a better understanding of the impact of his actions and how far reaching they are.

Maybe it's the multiple concussions, but he is not the same person, player, or ambassador that he was prior to the Steckel hit. I know he is a generational talent, but if this trend continues (and I can't believe I'm typing this) I think it may be time to pull off a blockbuster trade and move on. We could do a lot worse than with Malkin and Staal being our 1/2 centers and I'm sure the return on Sid would be an opportunity to right some of the wrongs with this team for the foreseeable future.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I don't think using the truly great captains of the modern era (like Francis or Yzerman) as a benchmark of how the not only the face of our team, but of the entire NHL, should act to be that much of a stretch.

Last edited by ColePens: 04-17-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: filter
Old
04-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Sty1877

Really? What media interactions?
Because he said he doesn't like the Flyers??
OH man, embarrassing!!!!!

Guess what, I don't like the Flyers either.

EDIT:
And oh god, I didn't notice you suggested trading Crosby. Because he said he doesn't like the Flyers.
Actually I think you are someone trolling from another fanbase.
Mods...

Old
04-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Sivek

Mark Messier was as a big as a ********* as there was and is considered one of the best captains ever.

Do people really prefer Sid to go the Sedin route, get punched in the head a few times by a guy and not retaliate and hope the refs don't **** it up and give both guys a roughing minor.

I swear, this type of stuff happens every year in the playoffs, don't see what the big deal is other than now the Pens are the ones getting ran out the building.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Cant we keep all this in one thread? Everyone seems so inclined to come give their 2 cents and opinions. We already have a thread for this stuff.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Crosby's Dryer View Post
"It's f**kin' embarrassing"

Now just to be clear, this is coming from the perspective of a long term Pens fan going back to the 70's and not someone trolling from another fan base.

Having said that, I think Crosby's behavior as of late is pathetic and not that of someone who is supposed to be the captain of an NHL team. I'm not only referring to his actions on the ice, but also his interactions with the media. There is no doubt he gets a lot of grief and abuse across the board, but he should comport himself far better than he does. I thought he had a better understanding of the impact of his actions and how far reaching they are.

Maybe it's the multiple concussions, but he is not the same person, player, or ambassador that he was prior to the Steckel hit. I know he is a generational talent, but if this trend continues (and I can't believe I'm typing this) I think it may be time to pull off a blockbuster trade and move on. We could do a lot worse than with Malkin and Staal being our 1/2 centers and I'm sure the return on Sid would be an opportunity to right some of the wrongs with this team for the foreseeable future.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I don't think using the truly great captains of the modern era (like Francis or Yzerman) as a benchmark of how the not only the face of our team, but of the entire NHL, should act to be that much of a stretch.

Wow.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:37 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Can some one tell me what Crosby did? He swatted away a glove? Am I missing something?

Old
04-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Dick Sledge
The Tactleneck

I'm embarrassed too. Embarrassed our fans are weak and apologetic about what happened.

You think Philly fans would be embarrassed and apologizing for what happened if the roles were reversed? It's hockey, it's physical and bloods boil. I haven't seen anything from Sens fans about what happened with their incident.

People need to get over it. You're not that person. You don't know what exactly was said or done to said person. Maybe if someone cross checked you every time you were on the ice you might lose your cool too. Big deal. When I was 12 playing roller hockey (Shaler rump n roll shout out) there was a kid who kept elbowing me in the head along the boards. After the 3rd or 4th time I two handed my stick to the back of his legs and got suspended for a game. I'd do it again too. You don't ****ing elbow me!

Old
04-17-2012, 08:45 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Like some one said in the other thread. 29 other teams out there. Knock your self out.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Left Of The Dial

Because it worked out so well when the Whalers stripped Francis of the captaincy and then dealt him.

Oh, wait...

EDIT: Who disputes Messier's leadership qualities? Pronger's? Scott Stevens'? Chara's? Bobby ****ing Clarke's? Tons of great leaders could be ****** too.

Last edited by Left Of The Dial: 04-17-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old
04-17-2012, 08:49 PM
TheSniper26
No cure for being...

Yeah, being the ambassador and "face of the NHL" won him so many fans across the league. I can't possibly understand why he would ever abandon it!!!!

Old
04-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Til the End of Time

sid has been relatively decent these playoffs. he's scored big goals (well, goals that should be big if the team could hold a lead) and at least tried to spark the team into doing something in game 3.

all things considered, i'm fine with how sid has played.

he is towards the bottom of the list of parties responsible for this mess.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:56 PM
TheSniper26
No cure for being...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
sid has been relatively decent these playoffs. he's scored big goals (well, goals that should be big if the team could hold a lead) and at least tried to spark the team into doing something in game 3.

all things considered, i'm fine with how sid has played.

he is towards the bottom of the list of parties responsible for this mess.
Yeah I'm not getting it either. Our defense, our goalie, our pk have been train wrecks and Malkin has disappeared. And we're worried about Crosby? The guy with the most points on our team and one of the few playing like he has a pulse?

Old
04-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Hophog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Sledge View Post
I'm embarrassed too. Embarrassed our fans are weak and apologetic about what happened.

You think Philly fans would be embarrassed and apologizing for what happened if the roles were reversed? It's hockey, it's physical and bloods boil. I haven't seen anything from Sens fans about what happened with their incident.

People need to get over it. You're not that person. You don't know what exactly was said or done to said person. Maybe if someone cross checked you every time you were on the ice you might lose your cool too. Big deal. When I was 12 playing roller hockey (Shaler rump n roll shout out) there was a kid who kept elbowing me in the head along the boards. After the 3rd or 4th time I two handed my stick to the back of his legs and got suspended for a game. I'd do it again too. You don't ****ing elbow me!
This X10. Crosby can't please everyone and it's refreshing that it appears that he's stopped trying. Flyers like to call him soft and a crybaby. He challenged a slew of them and showed he's not soft and not scared. He didn't complain to the refs and apparently he hurt some peoples feelings. Screw it. He's human and it's hockey. I agree people do need to get over it. He didn't break his stick over someone's head. He kicked Claudes smug a&& and we should be proud of it. Whatever happened to embrace the hate.

BTW if we offered him up in a blockbuster trade, guess who would be the first team putting bids in? The same team that didn't like Talbot and Jagr once upon a time. They'd love Sid in Philly and they'd be lying if they said they wouldn't

Old
04-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Jahodac

He doesn't like the Flyers; at least he was honest rather than being a "yes" man.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Mister Hockey

I can see why after Hatcher broke most of his theeth. Nothing was called because Sid just Mario has been screwed over many times.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:15 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

He'll just never be able to do good in most peoples eyes.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:17 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Can some one tell me what Crosby did? He swatted away a glove? Am I missing something?
He doesn't like the Flyers!!! Trade him!! Abandon ship!

Old
04-17-2012, 10:18 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
He'll just never be able to do good in most peoples eyes.
This. People, in today's society, just want to find a reason to have disdain towards good people. See Manning, Brady, and Tebow if you need other references.

This is locked.

Closed Thread